The Current Disneyland Annual Pass Program Has Been Cancelled

I am (was?) a Premier Annual Passholder...long-story-short, I had 13 months remaining as of March, 2020. They want to convert the pass to WDW pass and reimburse the difference...no good! I won't be in FL until October 2021. I would have been better off buying a 5-day.

Anyway, THIS IS THE SADDEST THING EVER! 😭😭😭

I guess they knew how much us passholders are chomping at the bit to just about attend every day possible!
I MISS DISNEYLANDDDD!!!

As someone who lives in Northern California, I’m glad to see the slate wiped clean. It blows my mind that residents in the ENTIRE state of Florida get 40% off WDW tickets and other perks but us NorCal people are excluded from any deals. Hoping for a more equitable system in the future.

I am truly sorry for AP holders but selfishly as an out of stater making 1-2x yearly visits, thank you! This has been a long time coming. It’s too crowded to want to pay $2000 for a 3 day trip. Bringing back some sort of AP is inevitable, but the payment plans have got to go. Disneyland has been a top 5 percenter type of vacation for a while now, they might as well be open about it and say you’ve got to pay to play. Enough people are willing to pay higher prices for a better experience I think.

I am vacillating between absolutely crushed and optimistic that the new membership offerings will be a better way forward. Pre pandemic, the parks were out of control crowded too much of the time. I have long advocated for the elimination of the lower tier passes. I have a feeling when the new program is unveiled, if you want to be a daily or several times weekly visitor, it will cost you a pretty penny.

For us, personally, no price will be too high, and we will pay whatever they ask for access similar to what we had with the Signature pass. It's a mental health thing for us, and there is no ceiling on what we will pay. For now, we will take our $3000 refund and earmark it towards day tickets when the park opens.

You summarized my feelings. I am sad thinking about my pass being ended. But also optimistic that there will be something better coming. I need something to hold onto.

Not surprised. Soooo many people were going to cry because capacity reservations would sell out in 10seconds max anyway.

This is was the problem with the Monthly pay option. They will bring back some form of pass but it may be $1,999 only. No monthly pay option, and/or a Once a Month type pass. Again, no monthly pay. They need to quickly find out where the threshold is and raise prices until they find the breaking point.

I am truly sorry for AP holders but selfishly as an out of stater making 1-2x yearly visits, thank you! This has been a long time coming. It’s too crowded to want to pay $2000 for a 3 day trip. Bringing back some sort of AP is inevitable, but the payment plans have got to go. Disneyland has been a top 5 percenter type of vacation for a while now, they might as well be open about it and say you’ve got to pay to play. Enough people are willing to pay higher prices for a better experience I think.

I agree about the payment plans needing to go. It was the start of the payment plans when the parks started to become unbearably crowded. Especially at times of year that should not be as bad as they were.

There is a huge buildup of demand tor entertainment and traveling over the last 10 months. The savings rate of Americans right now is at a historical high. You can bet that when things start returning to normal, there is going to be crushing demand for places like Disneyland. It makes sense for them to handle current passholders in this manner.

My prediction though is that the “reimagining” of the passholder program will largely look like today’s program when it returns. Dreams of a long term reduction in crowds caused by passholders are great, but I think they are just that: dreams. Disneyland wants to maximize the revenue coming in and the passholder program will be part of that again someday.

My prediction though is that the “reimagining” of the passholder program will largely look like today’s program when it returns. Dreams of a long term reduction in crowds caused by passholders are great, but I think they are just that: dreams. Disneyland wants to maximize the revenue coming in and the passholder program will be part of that again someday.
Lord, I hope so.

Premier passholders here... it will be interesting to see if they figure up refunds for the "whole" premier pass, break up the Florida vs. California paid amounts, or something totally different. The refund page wasn't really clear from what I saw if you have WDW thrown into the mix.

Maybe we'll get some visits in at WDW before our premier "sunsets" on March 31st!

There is a huge buildup of demand tor entertainment and traveling over the last 10 months. The savings rate of Americans right now is at a historical high. You can bet that when things start returning to normal, there is going to be crushing demand for places like Disneyland. It makes sense for them to handle current passholders in this manner.

I have done some modeling and to increase average daily ticket revenue pre visit a pass that is good for a year but has a limited number of days appears the most effective. I used a revenue per day/visit of about $50

You aren't sorry then, you are really happy that AP holders are getting the short end of the stick when they most likely spend more money than you do at Disney. I understand wanting to have a good vacation, but AP holders pay to play, they should get rid of the payment plan and maybe only have one SoCal pass (which I think would limit how many people get APs) but to do away with APs all together is a terrible move on Disney's part. I'm sad about the pass thing, but I know I'll still go because I can pay to play.
Do you know it costs a family of 3 staying at the DL hotel for 4 nights about $3500 dollars with a 3-day park hopper ticket? Why would it be that much if they are rolling in cash from AP holders?

Do you know it costs a family of 3 staying at the DL hotel for 4 nights about $3500 dollars with a 3-day park hopper ticket? Why would it be that much if they are rolling in cash from AP holders?

Do you know how many AP holders stay at the GH hotel? I'm just saying that to act like AP holders don't stay onsite, don't spend a lot of money and don't pay to play is false.

I’m a minority, but I am glad to hear. The parks, even on quiet days was getting unmanageable. I don’t think passes were ever intended for some folks to go monthly, weekly, or even daily. Nor was it intended for babysitting. I would love a ride free of bored teenagers reciting every line in a ride. Good move, Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter