THe Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch

Is the Cinderella Castle chart that comes with the kit printed in color or Black & White?

Also, am looking for the Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms. Anyone have one they wish to sell?

I made the Castle on a dark blue sweater and I wear it with pride. I took Tinkerbell out of the design because I thought she was done way too large for the size of the castle. I was able to put more fireworks on the sweater without her. I have more comments on that sweater when I wear it to WDW, but here at home no one appreciates it. I figured out what it would be worth if I charged $10 an hour, it would be over $800. That pattern was not easy. I have been working on Self Portrait on a sweatshirt for years now but as someone else said, it changes colors every 3 stitches. Mickey's pants alone are at least 11 different colors. And now with my neuropathy I doubt if I will ever finish it, I can't hold the needle.
I wish I could post a photo but I don't have one. A friend did post one once but she is no longer on DIS and I don't know where she went to.
Maybe someday I will get someone to take a picture of me with it on and post it here. Peggie

Hi! I've been working on the castle for a long time - don't even remember when I started it.... I'm cross stitching Tinkerbell now and have a question. Looking at the picture it appears Tinkerbell's wings are full stitches but the pattern "+" calls for half stitches. Can anyone tell me what they did? Thanks so much !

Just an update on the wings question I asked about recently. I emailed Stoney Creek and they responded with "the '+' symbol stitched with DMC 3846 should not have an asterisk by it indicating that it is to be stitched with only 1 strand worked as 1/2 cross stitches. The "+" symbol is worked in full cross stitches as usual. The graph has been corrected for future kits. No other changes have been made." Hope this helps someone else !!

Hi everyone! I just discovered this site and it is great to find others working on their Disney kits!

I have a question. I was at Disneyworld a few weeks ago and bought the 35th Anniversary kit. it is beautiful and I have just started working on it. My question is whether it is "allowed" to swap charts with someone else? I wanted to get the Happiest Celebration on Earth kit, but the folks at Disney say it isn't available anymore. I even had a hard time finding the 35th Anniversary kit. I actually found it in one of the stores on Main Street at the MK, which I didn't even know had them.

So, if allowed would anyone be interested in trading the Happiest Celebration chart for the one I have?

Hi everyone! I just discovered this site and it is great to find others working on their Disney kits!

I have a question. I was at Disneyworld a few weeks ago and bought the 35th Anniversary kit. it is beautiful and I have just started working on it. My question is whether it is "allowed" to swap charts with someone else? I wanted to get the Happiest Celebration on Earth kit, but the folks at Disney say it isn't available anymore. I even had a hard time finding the 35th Anniversary kit. I actually found it in one of the stores on Main Street at the MK, which I didn't even know had them.

So, if allowed would anyone be interested in trading the Happiest Celebration chart for the one I have?

PM'd you

frann, I tried to send you a PM and apparently someone newly registered on this forum has to have a certain number of posts before you can send a PM. :confused3

I'll send you a PM as soon as I can. I'm a big Disney fan so I can probably find some other threads to make a few posts on. :thumbsup2

I would be willing to swap. I think I have the one you are looking for. I'd love to get ahold of the new one.

So the Happiest Celebration is no more? I didn't see it at either park, and I was at both of them during the Celebration. I too got the Past, Present, Forever one, but it would be nice to have had the (sort of) matching Celebration. BTW, my sister finished her Cinderella castle, but changed Tink's face a little - she didn't like the manly look that the pattern gave. I made the self-portrait for her, and when I busted my buns I got it done in a few months, as a new teacher, no less. :woohoo: Yes, I was proud of that one. That pattern was bad, but NOTHING compared to this new Past Present bit. So much tweeding...:sad2:

No more Happiest Celebration according to Disney employees. :sad: I looked at every Disney store for them as well as at Downtown Disney. There were a few Past, Present and Future, just two 35th Anniversary (I bought one of them) and lots of the Mickey and flag and Mickey and the firefighter.

I sure wish we could get the kits direct from Stoney Creek but I guess only having them available at Disney makes them that much more special.

Since Happiest Celebration is gone, would anyone be willing to send me a copy of the pattern? I have Self-Portrait, Past Present and the Castle Fireworks to offer in return.

Is the Cinderella Castle chart that comes with the kit printed in color or Black & White?

Also, am looking for the Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms. Anyone have one they wish to sell?

Don't know if you'll see this now, but no, all of the kits are in black and white now. The first time my family bought Self-Portrait (10+ years ago?) there was some pink along with the black, and I found it significantly worse to read.

Just thought I would pass along something I found out about aida fabric. If anyone is planning to use a chart and get your own materials, all the sources I could find for such a large piece of 14-count navy aida on the internet were selling it for approx. $30+ dollars a yard! :sad2:

But, I found someone on ebay selling it for $3.99 per yard! I just received mine today and it is exactly the same at what comes in the kit. :thumbsup2

I like buying my own aida cloth and dmc thread and needles rather than using all the stuff that comes with the kit. I did use the thread from the Cinderella Castle kit and never again, that thread tangled up so bad. I also prefer to stitch on 16 or 18 count rather than 14 count. Luckily there is a great needlework place here that carries all different colors of aida cloth and the quality of fabric is just so much better than what comes with the kits. So I end up paying for the whole kit and just use the chart, but to me it's worth after spending countless hours making it.

I do have most of the Art of Disney cross stitch charts and would be willing to trade for the 35th anniversary chart. If anybody wants to trade just pm me.

When you change the count of the thread, what does that do to the pattern? :confused3

If you change the count of thread that you use it makes the overall piece bigger or smaller.

If you change the count of thread that you use it makes the overall piece bigger or smaller.

And depending on how much you change it, it can affect how clean the design looks. Usually the more stiches you fit into an inch, the cleaner it is. All of the beginners or easy little kits use huge thread counts like 10, while more detailed and nicer patterns use more stiches like 14-20.

The navy fabric in these kits is hard to work with. I think I would go crazy if I did it in fabric with more thread counts per inch! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter