The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Anyone see "MJ the Musical" yet? We're big fans of his music, but wondering how the musical is.

Took the family to see Cinderella at Music Circus in Sacramento yesterday. It is my mom's favorite show. We all loved it. The look on my boy's faces when the dress changes took place were pure magic. My youngest has fallen in love with dancing, and loved all of the choreography. If you are in the Sacramento area, I highly recommend it.

That’s an amazing show day!

Saw Sweeney this week as well really loved it
Was an amazing show day!

Sweeney was also my first stage door post pandemic and was a beautiful time. Every lead (except John rapson who is the Beadle) came out and were so kind and gracious!

Anyone see "MJ the Musical" yet? We're big fans of his music, but wondering how the musical is.
We saw it last year after Myles Frost won the Tony for Best Actor. He is no longer in the show. It was fabulous. We loved it. Was way more than I had expected having seen a couple clips on You Tube.

The Britney Spears music based musical, Once Upon a One More Time Broadway cast performs 'Circus' with Justin Guarini as the Prince, on GMA:

I just booked our tickets for Sweeney Todd, Shucked and the final performance of Parade. I am so excited. We are a 9 hour drive to NYC and have become hooked on doing the drive once a year to see shows. It is an expensive addiction lol. Now I have to decide on whether to add one more show or do some other stuff in the city.

The Britney Spears music based musical, Once Upon a One More Time Broadway cast performs 'Circus' with Justin Guarini as the Prince, on GMA:

We are seeing this Sunday, and have a pass for a Justin Guarini autograph at broadwaycon that morning! Should be a fun day in the city!

Also see the cottage tonight!!

Was an amazing show day!

Sweeney was also my first stage door post pandemic and was a beautiful time. Every lead (except John rapson who is the Beadle) came out and were so kind and gracious!
We saw Waitress with Sara Bareilles in September 2021 and despite it being during the pandemic, it was an enjoyable time. The theatres took masking seriously and even though we couldn't wait at the stage door, they had a cordoned off area outside the theatre where the cast came out and waved to the crowd. It was truly one of the best shows I've ever seen so if Waitress goes on tour - see it!

Wow this is certainly the summer of strikes. Good for the union for not backing down and supporting its members. It sucks though for people who had summer trips planned and wanted to see a specific show, especially if they don't live near NYC.
Agreed! Summer of strikes it is! I hope they can settle before Friday, selfishly as I have tickets for Sunday, and also because theater already struggles so much!!

Wow this is certainly the summer of strikes. Good for the union for not backing down and supporting its members. It sucks though for people who had summer trips planned and wanted to see a specific show, especially if they don't live near NYC.

With all the entertainment unions striking at the same time, it may help all of them get better deals as the other sides see how much is lost when there is no entertainment.

How easily they seem to have forgotten when the pandemic happened and we were all stuck isolating for far longer than we thought we would, once people finished making sour dough bread, painted a few paintings online in paint alongs and did some other crafts, everyone hit streaming services big time for movies, entertainment, something to transport them away with imagination.

Now that NYC is back in full swing with no more masks required, people are coming for the Broadway shows again. We NEED our entertainment. And the people who DO the work, the performers and the backstage people need to be fairly compensated for the magic they help to create for all of us.

With all the entertainment unions striking at the same time, it may help all of them get better deals as the other sides see how much is lost when there is no entertainment.

How easily they seem to have forgotten when the pandemic happened and we were all stuck isolating for far longer than we thought we would, once people finished making sour dough bread, painted a few paintings online in paint alongs and did some other crafts, everyone hit streaming services big time for movies, entertainment, something to transport them away with imagination.

Now that NYC is back in full swing with no more masks required, people are coming for the Broadway shows again. We NEED our entertainment. And the people who DO the work, the performers and the backstage people need to be fairly compensated for the magic they help to create for all of us.
ABSOLUTELY! I'm a professor and a member of my teachers union so I'm watching these strikes very closely. I hope that they all get the contracts that they deserve that protects them and that the studios realise how important these workers are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter