The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

CBS jumped on the bandwagon to help promote Broadway shows too:

Josh Groban and Annaleigh Ashford were interviewed about Sweeney Todd last week:

CBS Sunday Mornings also did:

"Some Like It Hot" From screen to stage:

Then Friday my husband and I saw "Into the Woods" on tour at the Kennedy Center. I saw it two weeks ago, right after Sebastian Arcelus hurt his foot so he was out for two weeks, and I really wanted to see him and Stephanie J Block (his real life wife) together as the Baker and the Baker's Wife. But of course, as things go - we got there and Stephanie J Block was out. Still super fun to see Sebastian on. But in my effort to see Sebastian and Stephanie together, I bought a rush ticket for yesterday night and third time's the charm - I got to see them both go on! That's such a good production - if you get the chance, go see it. The Milky White puppet and puppeteer especially are awesome. And Gavin Creel is fantastic as the prince, and of course Sebastian and Stephanie - amazing. Highly recommend.
Good to hear. I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks in Charlotte.

Saw Shucked last night. It was just ok. Not on my list of shows I would see a second time. If you want a show that is going to make you laugh, this is your show. The talent was amazing. Alex Newell alone is worth seeing it for.

Saw Shucked last night. It was just ok. Not on my list of shows I would see a second time. If you want a show that is going to make you laugh, this is your show. The talent was amazing. Alex Newell alone is worth seeing it for.
I’m seeing it next week, def want to laugh and I like the songwriters so excited to see the show, but I expected it to be a one and done viewing.

I'm in MN, so it's not an option, but I would love to see it. One of the leads is a local girl. We have been seeing her for years in local shows, and now the rest of the country can see her greatness! We are sad, that we can't see her anymore, but it's so fantastic for her. We did get to see her back here in the Frozen tour.

I’m seeing Parade next week and probably gonna lotto a few things (including Phantom if I don’t win the closing night lotto lol). I’ve been on the fence about a few things but from what I’ve heard New York New York-minus being a little long- is great!

I know I hate not knowing where I am sitting!

Oh 100% I hate not knowing where I am sitting (though I’ve been very lucky with TdF.

This is the number one reason why I don't take advantage of the discounts and lotteries and see more shows. I really need to get over that as I'm missing out on so many shows. Starting a new years resolution to be better about it this year.

We won lottery tickets to see A Beautiful Noise tomorrow night!
cf65807c.gif
adc40755.gif
535d3eb7.gif
2230f80c.gif

Thank you both for helping me get over my aversion at not being able to choose the seats. :flower3: :flower3: They actually aren't bad! We got orchestra seats, not too far back, a little off to the side. But, definitely full view. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
We won lottery tickets to see A Beautiful Mind tomorrow night!
cf65807c.gif
adc40755.gif
535d3eb7.gif
2230f80c.gif

Thank you both for helping me get over my aversion at not being able to choose the seats. :flower3: :flower3: They actually aren't bad! We got orchestra seats, not too far back, a little off to the side. But, definitely full view. :thumbsup2
Have the best time!! Can’t wait to hear how it is

Have the best time!! Can’t wait to hear how it is

Thanks. :teeth: We know all the songs. 🎶

For anyone else interested in getting tickets for A Beautiful Noise, be aware that Will Swenson doesn't perform the Wednesday night shows. American Idol winner Nick Fradiani plays Neil Diamond on Wednesday nights.

Thanks. :teeth: We know all the songs. 🎶

For anyone else interested in getting tickets for A Beautiful Noise, be aware that Will Swenson doesn't perform the Wednesday night shows. American Idol winner Nick Fradiani plays Neil Diamond on Wednesday nights.
It’s the only show this season I have little interest in, I cringe at sweet Caroline. Side effects of a die hard Yankee fan going to college in the shadows of Fenway park

It’s the only show this season I have little interest in, I cringe at sweet Caroline. Side effects of a die hard Yankee fan going to college in the shadows of Fenway park

:lmao:

I checked the song list to see if the show included enough songs that I know. I didn't want to go if during 6 of the songs we are thinking, "What song is THIS??? I've never heard that song before." :confused:

That reminds me of a current Amazon commercial. A girl gets the bright idea to buy and wear replicas of Freddie Mercury's iconic yellow jacket and sneakers. Then she shows up in class dancing to some unfamiliar song. I thought, "Amazon wouldn't pay the royalties to get an actual Queen song?" :confused3 Turns out the song is one by Queen. Just not one I've ever heard before. Must be side B on a record to a famous song.

I didn't want to sit through a Neil Diamond show of a lot of that. A totally new musical, with of course, new songs would be different.

:lmao:

I checked the song list to see if the show included enough songs that I know. I didn't want to go if during 6 of the songs we are thinking, "What song is THIS??? I've never heard that song before." :confused:

That reminds me of a current Amazon commercial. A girl gets the bright idea to buy and wear replicas of Freddie Mercury's iconic yellow jacket and sneakers. Then she shows up in class dancing to some unfamiliar song. I thought, "Amazon wouldn't pay the royalties to get an actual Queen song?" :confused3 Turns out the song is one by Queen. Just not one I've ever heard before. Must be side B on a record to a famous song.

I didn't want to sit through a Neil Diamond show of a lot of that. A totally new musical, with of course, new songs would be different.
Haha yes I agree who wants to see a jukebox musical where you don’t know all the songs, or at least most of them!!

Saw pictures from home tonight, I loved this show! I was very moved by it.

It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for me, as this week was the anniversary of my moms passing, in addition my girlfriend who I saw it with it was the week of her dads birthday who recently past. So it was a bit raw for us, but I really enjoyed it.

Saw pictures from home tonight, I loved this show! I was very moved by it.

It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for me, as this week was the anniversary of my moms passing, in addition my girlfriend who I saw it with it was the week of her dads birthday who recently past. So it was a bit raw for us, but I really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry for both of your losses. :hug: One of the things I love about the theatre, books, movies, is that there is always a performance or passage in a book that can so connect with what one is going through, that one can feel especially in times of grief, loss, or heartbreak that, "Someone else GETS THIS!" And you no longer feel so alone in what you are going through. That someone else has been through it, made it through to write about it or perform it, to give others comfort that you will make it through to the other side too. :hug:

The phantom final performance lottery winners started today. I haven't heard but may the odds be ever in our favor.

On the plus side: Friday is Parade day for me!

Back with my thoughts on A Beautiful Noise.

First, we didn't get to see Will Swenson. Nick Fradiani played Neil Diamond. We were disappointed about that. :( Nick has Neil Diamond's voice down perfectly, but we felt that he didn't quite have the have the essence of Neil Diamond. I saw vids of Will Swenson. He does seem to capture that brooding magnetism that Neil had onstage.

Second, it seemed to be a tossed salad of different styles of story telling techniques. There was "Older Neil" with the overarching through-line, some songs done chronologically, some scenes done Mamma Mia style with other characters singing out the songs, some songs where Neil broke the 4th wall and engaged us in the audience to sing and clap along. Then there was the "Beautiful Noise" chorus, which for me, was a bit distracting in Act 1. They fit in better in Act 2 where they had more of place as Neil's career took off.

While we did enjoy the show, we both felt we would have preferred seeing an old concert of Neil's shown on PBS, with him doing it all in a straight forward fashion. :duck: That maybe would have changed if we had seen Will.

We liked it well enough, but we think we would have liked Some Like It Hot better, which may be next on our list. However, our budget just got blown as we just got two incredible tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert 👑 at Madison Sq. Garden in October. :love:

Back with my thoughts on A Beautiful Noise.

First, we didn't get to see Will Swenson. Nick Fradiani played Neil Diamond. We were disappointed about that. :( Nick has Neil Diamond's voice down perfectly, but we felt that he didn't quite have the have the essence of Neil Diamond. I saw vids of Will Swenson. He does seem to capture that brooding magnetism that Neil had onstage.

Second, it seemed to be a tossed salad of different styles of story telling techniques. There was "Older Neil" with the overarching through-line, some songs done chronologically, some scenes done Mamma Mia style with other characters singing out the songs, some songs where Neil broke the 4th wall and engaged us in the audience to sing and clap along. Then there was the "Beautiful Noise" chorus, which for me, was a bit distracting in Act 1. They fit in better in Act 2 where they had more of place as Neil's career took off.

While we did enjoy the show, we both felt we would have preferred seeing an old concert of Neil's shown on PBS, with him doing it all in a straight forward fashion. :duck: That maybe would have changed if we had seen Will.

We liked it well enough, but we think we would have liked Some Like It Hot better, which may be next on our list. However, our budget just got blown as we just got two incredible tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert 👑 at Madison Sq. Garden in October. :love:
Not going to lie but this makes me feel better about skipping this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter