The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

What the heck??

I was completely, 100% sure I had gone back and caught up and commented on the last several chapters. And now I don't see my response anywhere. So either the DISboards ate it, or (more likely) I had a brain fart and never hit the "post reply" button. I'm so sorry, Liesa. The synapses aren't firing like they used to.

What the heck??

I was completely, 100% sure I had gone back and caught up and commented on the last several chapters. And now I don't see my response anywhere. So either the DISboards ate it, or (more likely) I had a brain fart and never hit the "post reply" button. I'm so sorry, Liesa. The synapses aren't firing like they used to.
Haha! Welcome to my world!

I have thought about Enzo’s, thanks for the review. It seem like DS is the only place to get a ADR nowadays

You're very welcome! And, yes. I am ready for snagging what I can (and I don't want or need many) at my 60 day mark soon, but I know everything's just super tough to get right now.

I love a good meatball yum!

Meatballs are a very delicate art. NOT easy to do well.

I was thinking to myself, before, I read your posts, why HM wasn’t as awesome as usual. You said it sister! I absolutely love the stretching room and that was what I was missing. It is needed for this ride to get the full experience.

It's like reading the first 5 chapters of a book!!!

The pictures you took are amazing, love them!

Aww, thanks, Sister!
That same darn ghost followed me as well, always taking my keys and phone. :rotfl:

My watch is the item of choice for those pesky ghosts. I hope it makes them happy (er) to have fun hiding it.

When we eventually get back there, I'll have to put that one on a list.

I hope that's soon!

Bummer on the over doing it. :sad2:

It can happen on occasion. ;)

I'm guessing from your picture and Doc's comments that you ordered two servings worth. And now I want charcuterie.

I think that sounds about right by the looks of it. Oddly, I don't even remember seeing it on the menu, but maybe didn't look either as he suggested and we said, "Sure!".

Everything looked really good! Now I need to have restaurant Linguine and clams! I make mine at home with canned clams, the fresh ones are too much to mess with, but I like them when someone else makes them!

I've never cooked that with fresh (use the canned as well) and it's nowhere near as good.
What? That bites! I guess the stretching room in FL only stretches for effect, whereas it is literally part of the ride in CA.
Yes! It'd be AWFULLY tough to ride the CA version without an elevator! And, yes, only for effect in FL.

So you're saying... (minorly) scuzzy.
Hmm, not in a "dirty" sort of way, more in a mafia sort of way.
I disagree. the length is finite. Your perception of time during said walk is variable.
Picky, picky, picky!!
Especially when there was zero wait involved.
I said "I don't want to sit there" and they said "How about here?"
That works!!

Not a problem. Just some bruising.

Slight typo there. Believe you meant "Good axe".

Only a guess because I have NO idea who that is, but going to guess Axle Rose???
Actually... it did. There was an entire thread that got deleted.
Then I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it pretty soundly crossed the line.

Hmm, not in a "dirty" sort of way, more in a mafia sort of way.
A mud splattered mafiosa.
Only a guess because I have NO idea who that is, but going to guess Axle Rose???
Alison beat me to it. :)
Then I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it pretty soundly crossed the line.
I wasn't around for it yet, but I heard about it. And... yes, I guess it did.
Keith Richards, the whole Stones thing about "you can't always get what you want"....
::yes::

So I can't remember what my previous comments were, but it was something along the lines of never having been able to attend any of the Epcot festivals. If I did go to one, I'd want to go in the fall to the Food from around the world one. That always looked fun.

I'm glad Enzo's was a good experience! When I first read about it, the idea of a secret speakeasy theme sounded irresistible to me. But I hadn't heard a ton about it after it had opened. It looks pretty cool!

You got some great shots on Haunted Mansion!

Q is for Quiet Wanderings
(AKA the most lazy, so-little-time chapter ever)

Animal Kingdom seems to have been made for photography and I personally love to soak up every minute just wandering around capturing whatever grabs my attention as I saunter along. Did you know the park was intentionally designed to encourage the guests to wander with no set path or intentional route?

“Animal Kingdom is also about discovery, and the reward that comes with exploration. Instead of a long corridor directing us straight toward a large icon, or ‘wienie’, we are immediately presented with two pathways, each offering a different reward. It is up to us, the Guest, to determine our path. If we venture down some of the side paths, we find still other rewards, such as additional animal habitats, or a suspension bridge through a waterfall.”- The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, by The Imagineers

In short, AK offers endless little details and hidden pathways that offer beautiful views, animal treasures, flowers, and story line props. Here is a gallery of walkabout favorites from the 3 separate days I found myself completely dissociated from the world of workaday cares and worries. In a particularly random order that mimics my wanderings, enjoy…

Yep, that's all I got for ya. Time's short, I'm behind on all the threads I'm subbed into. The good thing is a three day weekend is coming and while I’m a start packing for my big move I also plan to catch up everywhere too.

Last edited:
I do think you'd love it. I sense you love all things picturesque and pretty and this Festival really focuses on that. I love all of the Festivals, but this one has such unique offerings.
I do adore art and music so I know I'd love this festival. One day!
She was an amazing artist and one of Walt's favorites. It's worth Googling to learn about her work.
I have listened to a few of her sets now and really enjoy her music.
Animal Kingdom seems to have been made for photography and I personally love to soak up every minute just wandering around capturing whatever grabs my attention as I saunter along. Did you know the park was intentionally designed to encourage the guests to wander with no set path or intentional route?
Wandering through AK with no set plans is one of my favourite things to do. :)
In short, AK offers endless little details and hidden pathways that offer beautiful views, animal treasures, flowers, and story line props. Here is a gallery of walkabout favorites from the 3 separate days I found myself completely dissociated from the world of workaday cares and worries. In a particularly random order that mimics my wanderings, enjoy…
Love the pictures! You always capture such perfect detail.

AK is one of those places where you always see something new. There were some beautiful plants in bloom when we were there earlier this month. :)

Animal Kingdom seems to have been made for photography
I would argue that all the parks are, but... AK does seem to be on a whole other plane. ::yes::
Did you know the park was intentionally designed to encourage the guests to wander with no set path or intentional route?
Actually... no I didn't. :)
oooohhh... Aren't you glad that glass is thick?
He's looking at you like I look at a nice fillet.
I love the angle on this one. Most (including me) are so intent on capturing the little temple that matches the mountain.
This is superb.
I couldn't decide at first if it was posted sideways. (then saw your copywrite) And I still can't decide if you deliberately rotated a water reflection or shot through glass.

Just love this one.
Don't remember seeing that one before. :)
The good thing is a three day weekend is coming and while I’m a start packing for my big move I also plan to catch up everywhere too.
When are you moving? This summer?

OHhhh, got it. I was never one to be very good at recognizing or following celebs and am terrible with names and faces. :/

Well, allow me to give you a quick primer, just to get you started on recognizing names and faces.

The Queen

Lincoln

Einstein

Mona Lisa

Colonel Sanders

Marilyn Monroe

Charlie Chaplin

John F. Kennedy

Princess Diana

Winston Churchill

That's enough for today. Tomorrow we'll throw in Elvis Presley, John Travolta, Michael Jackson, George Washington and Walt Disney

Well, allow me to give you a quick primer, just to get you started on recognizing names and faces.

The Queen
View attachment 577838

Lincoln
View attachment 577839

Einstein
View attachment 577840

Mona Lisa
View attachment 577841

Colonel Sanders
View attachment 577842

Marilyn Monroe
View attachment 577843

Charlie Chaplin
View attachment 577844

John F. Kennedy
View attachment 577845

Princess Diana
View attachment 577847

Winston Churchill
View attachment 577848

That's enough for today. Tomorrow we'll throw in Elvis Presley, John Travolta, Michael Jackson, George Washington and Walt Disney
Aren't you the funny one. LOL!

And yes, I DID recognize all of those. ;) I AM curious why you chose THAT order.....

So I can't remember what my previous comments were, but it was something along the lines of never having been able to attend any of the Epcot festivals. If I did go to one, I'd want to go in the fall to the Food from around the world one. That always looked fun.

Summer is hard to catch one for sure. But they start the F&W earlier each year, so maybe someday you can get to one and enjoy all the yummy things!

I'm glad Enzo's was a good experience! When I first read about it, the idea of a secret speakeasy theme sounded irresistible to me. But I hadn't heard a ton about it after it had opened. It looks pretty cool!

I wish the theming was even heavier, but what is there is well done adding a flair of mystique. I, too, don't see many reviews so it's not surprising it's less chaotic and busy than Maria and Enzo's. Which.... has worse food than downstairs. I love that it's a bit more adult-y so quieter. (Except that one first time I poked my head in).
You got some great shots on Haunted Mansion!
Thanks, Mark!

In short, AK offers endless little details and hidden pathways that offer beautiful views, animal treasures, flowers, and story line props.

It truly is a park that comes alive when you actually stop and look around. The vibe is unlike any other. Nice photos!

Oh, and howdy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter