The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there, Starbox- we had a FLOOD of rain in June, thought the sun would never shine again- and then the BEST July, the weather was amazing- hopefully that will happen for YOU!

Here's a couple pics to cheer up your gloomy day-

2009_100106summer0030.jpg

2009_100106summer0031.jpg

2009_100106summer0034.jpg

2009_100106summer0021.jpg

Hang in there, Starbox- we had a FLOOD of rain in June, thought the sun would never shine again- and then the BEST July, the weather was amazing- hopefully that will happen for YOU!

Here's a couple pics to cheer up your gloomy day-

Sigh. Soooo lovely.

Still have not seen the sun her in what is supposedly known as "the south" and we have a predicted high in the low 50's for all 5 days of the 5 day forecast. The ground is like a squishy sponge.

Sigh. Soooo lovely.

Still have not seen the sun her in what is supposedly known as "the south" and we have a predicted high in the low 50's for all 5 days of the 5 day forecast. The ground is like a squishy sponge.

Hang in there.... baby! :hug:

hang.jpg

It's a bit chilly here today.

Considering the hot summer that we have had this year, I am looking forward to some cooler weather. Completed on line check-in for our upcoming VB stay this morning. Eager to check out the resort and the area. We are staying at VB for a few days before our DCL trip begins.

Sigh. Soooo lovely.

It is rough...and depressing...haven't seen too much of the sun here either all week. LOTS of rain, clouds, wind, and COLD. Never got higher than 41 today (or predicted tommorrow). And wind chills are making it feel like 33-35. I've been wearing winter wear for days now. Vero Beach sounds like heaven right now !!! Want so badly to escape this awful Noreaster we're stuck in. Was going to go up to Penn State for homecoming---but they got close to 10 inches of snow :scared1: Just UGGHH...so starbox...we're here for ya. Lots of us feel and share in your pain....and dream of VB. :cloud9:

My dd at FSU said Tallahassee never got over 57 today and she said she's freezing. That sounds downright balmy to me right now ! :rotfl:

Maria

:dance3:Thanks so much for all of the information. We are heading to VB for the first time this Thanksgiving and all of this information helps out so much. Looking forward to seeing this resort for myself. I just hope it is warm enough to get in the water!

I just had to post this because I'm so excited. We're going back to Vero Beach!!! :banana::banana::banana:

In May, my DH and I ended our WDW trip with three nights at VB. He has family that lives there, so we thought we would kill two birds with one stone. But, we ended up falling in love with the resort!

We had a March 2010 trip scheduled for AKV, our home resort, but after living through Spring Break last year, I really wanted to postpone our trip. We decided to cancel it altogether and book a May/June AKV/VB trip. I was able to get an OVIR, and we are thrilled! What a way to begin our summer break!

Now the countdown begins....

Thanks everyone for the kind words.....appreciate it very much.

Well...Rob will take over the beginning of Nov. I think there are only 2 more people vacationing at VB (on this thread) during that month. And I think by Nov-Jan...people are starting to make plans for 2010. So I think we figured it would be a good transition time ? We will link the 2009 thread for sure.

And as for the chair swap....Rob, the contact person at VB is Nicole. We can always run it by her ? If they considered this year's swap went smoothly, then maybe they'd consider another one ? The only issue is we will not be able to conduct here on the DISboards. Chuck informed us of the new rules about swap involving money. So it would all have to be done through PM's or private emails ? I think that makes it a little more difficult though still doable ?

Rob's ideas for the new thread sound very cool....looking forward to it.

Ok....gettin' ready for the FSU vs GA Tech game tonight in Tallahassee ! My first official game in Doak Stadium :thumbsup2

Maria

We will be there in February and would for once like to get in on the swap!

We will be there in February and would for once like to get in on the swap!

rigsby25....I'll be honest. Don't believe Rob is gonna attempt the swap. It was difficult when we could organize it through the DIS. That option taken away, it's just too complicated and I don't think many would want to take that on---going totally all through private emails. Just too complicated. It's a shame...but just don't see it happening this year.

Maria

I just had to post this because I'm so excited. We're going back to Vero Beach!!! :banana::banana::banana:

In May, my DH and I ended our WDW trip with three nights at VB. He has family that lives there, so we thought we would kill two birds with one stone. But, we ended up falling in love with the resort!

We had a March 2010 trip scheduled for AKV, our home resort, but after living through Spring Break last year, I really wanted to postpone our trip. We decided to cancel it altogether and book a May/June AKV/VB trip. I was able to get an OVIR, and we are thrilled! What a way to begin our summer break!

Sounds like an awesome spring break HsvTeacher ! I agree....if given the choice of going during spring break and having to choose WDW or VB---it would be VB hand's down. I love WDW but not during busy times (Christmas, Pres Week, spring break, Easter etc). Have fun planning the trip !

Maria

What a wonderful resort. This is not our home resort, so thanks for letting us stay with you all. We stayed there 2 nights in October on our way to WDW. DW and I had not been to the beach since we were children, and thought, we'd let our two DDs (7,5) see the beach and then have the real fun at WDW. However, we all loved Vero and wished we had booked the entire week. Everyone had so much fun!!! We arrived at 7:00 AM Sat morning and were able to eat breakfast with Goofy and Donald. A great way to start the vacation. Then, the beach, games, staff, campfire, pool, was wonderful. We drove and brought our own chairs - I found this site and thanks for the tip. We had an ocean view room and the sound of the waves at night was so peaceful. When we were leaving, DW wanted to add on points at Vero. What a great spot for a vacation!

:woohoo: I just booked our June trip! :woohoo:

We're planning June 11-17, then WDW for the 18-20.

FYI: They did not have any dedicated 2bdrms for our week. Good think we wanted a lock-off

We went to VB for the first time last June for a Fri and Sat only and the kids LOVED it! We are so excited to be going back!

Quick VB question for you!

Is the pool at VB heated?

We're going between Christmas and NYE and I'm not dumb enough to ask if the temperature is going to be warm enough to swim. :laughing: But being from Michigan if the pool is heated then it will be warm enough to swim.

TIA!
Karen

We are just neck and neck with your trip but off a few days. We are going to VB at the end of our stay the first week of June. Hope to see you there.

rigsby25....I'll be honest. Don't believe Rob is gonna attempt the swap. It was difficult when we could organize it through the DIS. That option taken away, it's just too complicated and I don't think many would want to take that on---going totally all through private emails. Just too complicated. It's a shame...but just don't see it happening this year.
Maria

Hey everyone, I'm behind schedule, but I think I'll get the 2010 thread up by the end of November. Just to make things clear as far as ME doing a chair swap... NO.

:beach:

Hey everyone, I'm behind schedule, but I think I'll get the 2010 thread up by the end of November. Just to make things clear as far as ME doing a chair swap... NO.

:beach:

Hey Rob! I'm ready to give you my dates for the 2010 roll call:banana::banana:

deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter