• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 10th anniversary kidless Trip-Part 3 Discovery Cove

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
CAST:

Myself, Cindy (30)
DH Jeff (38)

August 26th Discovery Cove

After a 630 am Mickey Mouse phonecall, we were up and at 'em for DC today...

We drove into the lot the night before so we knew where to park and all that. We just couldnt wait for 830.
First stopped off at Guest Services to talk about a king room. They told us to pack up our stuff and it would be moved that day.... to our king room that afternoon while we were gone.
After a quick breakfast in the food court after packing our stuff up... we were on our way... to DC!

We got there about 835, quick drive, with the top down of course... There was a slight line at the checkin "hut". There was a DC employee with a two toed sloth outside, and we had fun petting it and talking to the employee. Ok, now checkin time.
First it is similiar to like a hotel with little workstations and all. WE got our badges, and sunscreen. (they do little individual/per family bottles now instead of free flowing pumps in the locker rooms). We got the first available swim in the am at 1005 at the Sand Dollar Cabana. So we had a little over an hour to kill.

First we got our little tour, and our free picture taken, then we were encouraged to get our gear/locker. I am glad we got a 1000 swim because this does take some time. We got the shorts wetsuit, but then decided to return it.. It was getting warm.. we opted for the vests...Then locker rooms for getting ready. The nicest bathrooms i have even seen in my entire life... and then the lockers to put everything. We were given on small locker for the two of us.. the attendent said it would be enough room and sure enough it was... Sunscreen on.. and we were ready to explore for about 35 minutes

The first stop was to claim a chair, which we did right in front of the center dolphin lagoon. and then we were trying to get to the aviary.. but we got sidetracked at the juvenille stingray lagoon. They were getting fed by the trainers, and were very fun/active. They swam right around us and flapped their "sides" at us, thinking we were feeding them! Wonderful clear water with beautuful yellow/black fish as well.

Dolphin swim time.. off to the cabana. After a short, and very cool video/safety presentation we were going to our swim. The trainer who did the video also was our swim trainer, Christine I think. We were in a group of 8 with DASH. First we started in shallow water as he swam by, we all did kisses. Dash loved my DH, he did an extra splash for him, and made some extra noises! He did swim by again, and we got to touch him again and become familiar. Then 2 by 2 we went into the deep water. We did all sorts of things. DASH still loved DH! He kept on focusing on him, which was fine. WE got a tow ride back to shore holding onto the right flipper. (which was slower than I had imagined) at the end all 8 of us got into a circle and yelled shark... dash just swam really fast around all of us, everythime stopping and smiling at DH. The time went by slowly, and it was wonderful!

Picture time.. my pictures didnt turn out so well, so we would uo buying only on 5 x7 with both of us in it with DASH. The salespeople were no pressure, and it was a relaxing experience

Next: Discovery Cove Part two.....

DW and I went to Discovery Cove on August 24th and we were also grouped with Dash! :) :) What a beautiful, photogenic dolphin!!

We were real suckers when it came to the dolphin pictures (but don't regret it.) We got two 5x7's PLUS the video.

Thanks for helping me relive the day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter