thanksgiving

AimeeM

DIS Veteran
We were at WDW over Thanksgiving for the very first time this past Thanksgiving. We flew out on Thanksgiving day at 1 in the afternoon. Our plane was full, but the airport was pretty dead. There were NO waits anywhere and our airfare was only 180/ticket. We arrived and checked in and then went straigt to Epcot. I was expecting massive crowds everywhere.. we walked thru the gates at Epcot and right onto spaceship earth. There was NO LINE!! I was shocked. We were only there a few hours before our dinner PS, but Epcot was not crowded at all. We mangage to avoid Magic Kingdon except for Friday night until Monday. They were showing Specto Thurs, Fri and Sat. I figured Thurs.. no way.. I heard its bad on Turkey day at MK, and Saturdays are always more crowded. We picked Friday evening to go over and see Spectro. I figured with the Osbourne Lights just starting and Holidays around the World and Candlelight procession starting, it wouldnt be that bad. And it wasnt. I found that the crowds were NOT THAT BAD AT ALL. We are used to a dead park as we always go in January, but I was very surprised to find Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom very very managable. I think the longest line we saw was at MK on Friday night, and it was a 75 minute wait for Peter Pan. Even Dumbo wasnt that long!!! Its a great time to go!!!

We also arrived at WDW on Thanksgiving Day and were quite pleased with the relatively low crowds. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's that evening & decided to brave MK for SpectroMagic. We managed to ride most everything in Fantasyland with no more than a 10 minute wait, and we literally watched the late Spectro with no one around us. Our DD got so much attention from the characters in the parade! It was a magical start for us! :D

Thanks for the up-date! My family will be going this year during Thanksgiving week. I hope we have the same luck as your family did.
:D

Hmmm-might have to rethink our date of arrival! I figured the whole Thanksgiving weekend would be lost to big crowds. We thought we'd arrive on Saturday, but not do the parks until Sunday. Anybody fly on Friday--how was that? What about the crowds on Saturday at the parks? THANKS--I am psyched already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter