"Thank you for logging in, C.Ann" - then kicked back to unregistered user..

GrandmaT

Earning My Ears
Was unable to log in this weekend due to the above. Tried clearing my cookies, etc., all to no avail.

Sent messages to the DIS via the "contact us" link but received no answers.

Today I had to re-register using a new user name, new password and new email address.

How can I prevent this from happening again?

GrandmaT aka C.Ann

Did you clear your cookies manualy (not using the button) and or try logging on twice?

Originally posted by WebmasterCricket
Did you clear your cookies manualy (not using the button) and or try logging on twice?
--------------------------------

Yes I did..

I've never not had it work.

I'm at a loss.

I guess you can describe the process to see if we can spot something but I can't think of anything otherwise.

I've never not had it work.

I'm at a loss.

I guess you can describe the process to see if we can spot something but I can't think of anything otherwise.
----------------------------

A number of others have had the exact same problem (see CB posts) so it has to be a glitch on the DIS end. After not receiving answers to emails requesting help at least one other poster just went ahead and re-registered under a different user name..

First the page comes up saying that it's an unregistered user and requests user name and password. Once that is inserted the message comes up that says, "Thank you for logging in, C.Ann" (or whoever) then it kicks right back to the unregistered user page again. Requests for passwords also go unanswered. One person on the CB mentioned that this has happened to her 3 times in the past 2 to 3 weeks so she has now had to post under 3 different user names.

Clearing cookies and such is of no help because it appears to be a glitch within the DIS board itself.

I hate to think this could happen again, but I'm afraid that it will unless the problem is tracked down on the DIS end and resolved once and for all. I would really like to have my old user name back but I can't log in - nor can I unregister so I can reuse my original email address and/or user name..

C.Ann...

After deleting your cookies using the Internet Explorer "Tools" feature, would you try rebooting your PC? Then your memory will be completely refreshed, and we can rule out something (like a corrupted cookie) remaining in RAM someplace...

If this doesn't work, and you decide you want to use your regular email account with the new username, let us know. You can only use an email address for one user name, so we can change the email attached to C.Ann to something different, and you can use your real email address for the username you'll be using.

Originally posted by KathyTX
C.Ann...

After deleting your cookies using the Internet Explorer "Tools" feature, would you try rebooting your PC? Then your memory will be completely refreshed, and we can rule out something (like a corrupted cookie) remaining in RAM someplace...

---------------------------------------------

That was done - several times..

I'm going to wait on having you change my email address until I go up to the lake again.. I'm curious to see if I can log in under C.Ann up there..

If by chance I should get "locked out" again - under my new user name of GrandmaT - I will have DMRick contact you so you can change one or both email addresses so I can re-register again..

Meanwhile, others are having this problem too so I think there must be something going on within the DIS..

Thanks!

GrandmaT aka C.Ann

You might also go to Windows Explorer or My Computer and do a Search, looking for disboard entries. If you find any cookies, delete and retry. Oftentimes, the 'delete cookies' from within IE misses a disboard one.

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
You might also go to Windows Explorer or My Computer and do a Search, looking for disboard entries. If you find any cookies, delete and retry. Oftentimes, the 'delete cookies' from within IE misses a disboard one.
---------------------------------

I tried that yesterday too.. Made sure that any reference to the DIS anywhere was gone and it still didn't help..

Really strange...

Hmmmm, that is strange, C.Ann. Has to be a reason. Well, the tech folks will get it for ya. Good luck.

The "delete your cookies" button doesn't work correctly. It never has.

That's why we say delete your cookies manualy.

Cut ALL of your temporary internet files and put them in another folder somewhere and I bet you can log on with IE.

It's not a problem with the boards.

JC

The "delete your cookies" button doesn't work correctly. It never has.

That's why we say delete your cookies manualy.

Cut ALL of your temporary internet files and put them in another folder somewhere and I bet you can log on with IE.

It's not a problem with the boards.

JC
------------------------------------------

I believe I mentioned that I have already done these things.. And the cookies have been deleted manually - numerous times.. The resulting message is still the same - "Thank you for logging in, C.Ann" - and then kicks me right back to the unregistered users page..

Perhaps you could contact some of the others that have also had these problems in recent weeks to compare notes and try to determine what is causing this glitch..

C.Ann-

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I only see two other users on your CB thread who mention having a similar problem.

Buckalew, and I don't remember trying to work through the problem with her, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

And parmstrong, who says she had the same problem, but that she's able to log onto the DIS on other computers under her original user name. This would indicate to me that there is something still on her computer that's causing the problem- if the problem was with her user account on the DIS side, she wouldn't be able to log in from any machine- right?

Are there others that you know of that we're not seeing?

We'll try to help you troubleshoot the best that we can, but asking detailed and step by step questions is the only way we can really "see" what's going on on your side...

And parmstrong, who says she had the same problem, but that she's able to log onto the DIS on other computers under her original user name. This would indicate to me that there is something still on her computer that's causing the problem- if the problem was with her user account on the DIS side, she wouldn't be able to log in from any machine- right?

------------------------------------------

This is why I said I would wait on having the email address removed from my former user name until I can get back up to the lake and try logging on with a totally different computer.. If i can do it from there, then that would indicate there is a problem with this computer.. If I can't, then it would indicate a problem with the DIS..

I understand that detailed questions are necessary, but I believe that I already mentioned doing all of the things suggested - including removing cookies manually - and then I'm told again (by the same person) that I have to remove the cookies "manually"..:confused:

C.Ann-

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I only see two other users on your CB thread who mention having a similar problem.

Are there others that you know of that we're not seeing?

-------------------------------------

Buckalew - more than once

parmstrong - could log on from "strange" computers

CEDmom - eventually got back on with original user name

Tinkerbelle739 - thought she had been kicked off the DIS

----------------------------------

Seems they all had these problems within a span of two weeks or so, if that helps any..

Do you give me permission to log on as you (the C.Ann account)? I will PM you with new password info to your current account if so.

JC

Do you give me permission to log on as you (the C.Ann account)? I will PM you with new password info to your current account if so.

JC
--------------------------------------------------

:teeth: :wave2:

I just tried to log on again and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Dang - now I don't know which name to use! Was kind of getting used to "GrandmaT"..........

I don't suppose there's any way that I could switch the "C.Ann" for "GrandmaT" without losing my post count - right?

Originally posted by C.Ann
I don't suppose there's any way that I could switch the "C.Ann" for "GrandmaT" without losing my post count - right?

No, we can't switch/combine accounts like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter