Terin & Amber's Wonderous Wedding

I had my first dress fitting today. I took my FMIL with me. My dress fit perfectly and the only alterations that I'm having done are cups sowed in (I'm extremely small chested), the length taken up and a bustle added. I go back on march 6th to try it on and hopefully bring it home for good. I have to admit I watched every bit I took last week & did the treadmill more, so we had a celebratory brownie on our way home.

Today was a big day, we booked our airfare and ordered the wedding cake for our reception. We're going to have 50 servings of cake and an assortment of cupcakes. Now we just have to book our hotel for the night before the cruise.

I faxed in my planning guide and Meredith has already emailed to confirm that she received it. She will be calling me soon to go over it with me. Only 77 days to go! DF paid off our wedding cake for our home reception today, everything seems to be smooth sailing. I do need to figure out when we need to mail in our wedding license application.

Life has been really busy the last few months including a hospital stay follow by the death of a grandparent. Today is my 45 day mark, now to anxiously check my email all day waiting to hear from Meredith.

Amber_Truelock

These are some of the projects I'm working on for our at home reception.
Amber_Truelock

These are the shirts I ordered for pirate night.
Amber_Truelock

These are sticky notes & pens I ordered and the completed Bear Necessities buckets.
Amber_Truelock

Amber_Truelock

Amber_Truelock

Life has been really busy the last few months including a hospital stay follow by the death of a grandparent. Today is my 45 day mark, now to anxiously check my email all day waiting to hear from Meredith.

Amber, I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

45 day mark, getting closer! I hope she emails you ... I might just send her a note so she doesn't forget!

Hopefully you will hear from her today. She's there, I got an email from her today!

I know, very anxious!!!!

I have my confirmation! I had requested the Cadillac Lounge; however, it is unavailable. I was assigned deck 7 but Meredith is getting it changed to the Outlook Café. I'm extremely fair skinned and while I don't mind wear SPF 70 for the rest of the cruise something about sunscreen and my wedding dress doesn't sound appealing. Our ceremony will be at 4pm on May 3rd while we are at Key West. My flowers are the Garden bouquet and I got the Magic photo package. My cake is vanilla/raspberry butter cream on the top layer and chocolate fudge/chocolate ganache on the bottom layer. Our music selections are:
Prelude - kiss the girl
Processional - when you wish upon a star
Recessional - zip-a-dee-doo-dah
Cake cutting - under the sea
1st dance - can you feel the love tonight
Additional songs - a whole new world, you'll be in my heart and you've got a friend in me

Now just to survive the next 45 days without going crazy. I need a vacation!!!

Life has been hectic lately making me even more thankful that I'm getting married on a cruise & not planning a wedding. My grandpa passed away on Feb 22 leaving me as to help take care of my grandmother who was on hospice in a nursing home near my house. She passed away on April 17th so unfortunately I'm done more planning of funerals than weddings the last few months.
We set sail in 7 days! I received our congratulations letter from Meredith yesterday & she said someone will be calling me from the cruise line soon. We changed our final dining reservation at WDW to Kouzzina because we weren't super excited about our prior reservation and want to check out Boardwalk.
We has a near mishap with the marriage license. I got completely sidetracked with life & failed to realize that we needed to get our application notarized & return it. Luckily Ryan at License to Wed emailed me on Monday. After my grandma's funeral we ran to the bank to have them notarize everything then expressed mailed our application back to Florida. I got an email today from Ryan that he express mailed our official marriage license back to me today and it should arrive tomorrow.
We've received a few wedding gifts by mail including a beautiful kitchenade mixer, some fiesta ware and the game Balderdash. Unfortunately my grandmother passed away the day before my wedding shower so it was cancelled.
I'm completely packed for the trip except for socks & underwear. We've even packed tide pods so that we can do laundry while we're gone. I also finished my Mrs. Simpson hanger.
null_zpsfe58d7fe.jpg

I sent a wedding invite to Minnie & Mickey secretly hoping they would still send an autographed photo & "just married" buttons. Instead I received a very cute postcard.
null_zps0daecd96.jpg
null_zpsdbd8002e.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to survive until we leave. I'm on call for work until Monday and not motivated.

I am so very sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Ryan is awesome, I'm glad he caught it before you left. That process was pretty quick.

You should be hearing from someone soon, most likely tomorrow. It's right around the corner and I wish you all the best!

One more day of work then we leave early Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I'm training someone at work tomorrow so I'll have to stay focused. On Wednesday we are driving to the future in-laws and carpooling to the airport. This means we have to leave our house around 5:30. I think there will be a nap once we check into our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I still haven't heard from the cruise line yet and our cruise leaves on Thursday. We're going to watch the discover America special on Disney Cruise Line before bed so off I go.

Congratulations! I hope you had a wonderful cruise and a wonderful day! I can't wait to see some pictures and hear all about it!

On May 2nd we arrived at the port around 10:45am and checked in. Initially we were assigned to board with group 3; however, I talked them into letting us board with group 2.
Once onboard we went straight to guest services to drop off my dress. Since we were there my onboard coordinators Emily and Andrea came out to go over the details. We met for around 10 min outside of the theater. When you meet with your coordinator make them go over all of the details. Emily told me that she had just seen my flowers and they were beautiful. As I later learned they had the wrong flowers.
After our meeting we met the rest of our guests and headed over to Parrot Cay for some lunch. The buffet was delicious. Just before 1pm we headed up toward our room. Unfortunately they released the rooms a little late, but who can blame them? The stateroom hosts do an amazing job and it's a lot of work to get things ready.
We had a nautical veranda stateroom on 7 and it was lovely. I was overwhelmed as soon as we opened the stateroom door. Our travel agent sent us sparkling cider & two different kinds of chocolates. Then we had the Disney beach bag with two beach blankets. There was also a nice fruit bowl in our room.
Amber_Truelock

At 2pm Terin's parents went with us to meet Emily & Andrea for our legal ceremony. The ceremony was short & sweet.
Amber_Truelock

Our muster drill was in Animator's Pallet, but it was very noisy & difficult to hear anything that was being said. After the drill I met up with my hairstylist and went over my hair for the next day. I left a photo so he could have everything ready for my appointment.
We met the rest of our group at dinner time at Tritons, my favorite of the MDRs. Our waiters were amazing. Apparently being a group of only adults gets you lots of attention. Several other waiters came over to see if the rumors were true. At dessert they brought out a special mouse dessert & sang "happy honeymoon" to us. They only had happy birthday chocolates.
Amber_Truelock

After dinner we explored the ship and called it an early night. I was too tired to go to the show.

Congratulations!! I somehow missed your planning journal until now, but I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip.

I'm so sorry that you lost both your grandparents in the months before the wedding. I'm so glad she was able to be with you when you got your dress and veil...

I love love love the mason jars you did for your reception, so cute!

It's nice that you had some surprises in your stateroom. I haven't ever been on a cruise yet...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip...

Brooke

Day 2: Key West and our ceremony

The best advice I can give is to give yourself lots of time to get ready in the morning as well as eat breakfast. We booked a bike riding excursion for the morning and planned on being up early enough to eat breakfast; however, I had overestimated the water pressure and ended up taking a long shower trying to wash my hair. Needless to say the fruit basket in our room became a lifesaver and our breakfast.
My one complaint about excursions is if you are not physically able or appropriately dressed you should not be allowed to participate. We set out on our bike ride which was nice & informative, unfortunately it did rain. They handed out ponchos but only after we already looked like drowned rats. My father in law lost his glasses when removing his poncho and by the time we found them a car had run over them. Between the thunderstorm and and a few stragglers we only completed half of the tour in the allotted time; however, I still enjoyed our ride. I hadn't been on a bicycle in over 15 years.
null_zps6a69573d.jpg
null_zps50adc3c4.jpg

We got back on the ship and Andrea was in our hallway, she said she had just dropped off my flowers. In my room I found a beautiful bouquet, unfortunately it was not the garden bouquet that I had requested. I called Emily and left a message about the flowers, then we headed to the buffet for lunch. Even the buffet was delicious. All you can eat dessert stations are dangerous.
null_zps11cf20be.jpg

After lunch I headed to the room for a quick shower then off to my hair appointment. My stylist was very friendly and did a fantastic job on my hair. I really enjoyed visiting with him about the different ships. He's previously been on the Dream and after this stint on the Wonder he'll be on the Magic. He asked me to stop back by once I was all dressed but due to a few crazy events I never made it back to the salon.
null_zpsd3a71950.jpg
null_zps04a0c7f2.jpg

When I returned to the stateroom Terin headed to his parents room to get ready while his mother helped me. Emily came by the room with flowers that they found on Key West and she quickly reworked my bouquet. Luckily I had taken silk rose petals so they spread those on the cake table for me.
null_zpsc845f2f1.jpg

When I put on my dress we realized that when they pressed it some of the pleats on the left side had come out. Thankfully I had packed a sewing kit. Terin's mom pinned my dress and my friend Donna sewed it. My grandmother had given me her pearls to wear at my wedding. To create even more craziness the clasp was messed up, but my friend Jill was able to manipulate it.
Our ceremony was scheduled to start at 4 and it was now 3:55! In a panic none of us could think of how to get to Outlook Café without going across deck 9. Lots of people clapped and took pictures as we tried to make our way past the pool. As soon as we arrived Emily was at the door and ushered the girls in and brought my dad out. My dad got teary eyed, which I haven never seen him do before.
AmberampTeren153of126_zps3226338d.jpg

The ceremony was sweet and about 1min long.
AmberampTeren158of126_zpsdae31a28.jpg

And we are now officially married!
AmberampTeren164of126_zps982dc4d8.jpg

AmberampTeren166of126_zps77b60755.jpg

AmberampTeren151of169_zps0ebd2732.jpg

AmberampTeren148of126_zpsca3ff1b3.jpg

We tried to learn how to waltz by watching YouTube videos at home but we didn't think about my dress having a train. So prom dancing it was.
AmberampTeren168of169_zpsb55fc811.jpg

AmberampTeren129of126_zpsfa9e51f3.jpg
AmberampTeren134of126_zpsf747f557.jpg
AmberampTeren145of169_zpsb8246152.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter