Teppan edo and Biergaten

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Going back and forth between three 2 for a family of 15.

Does anyone know how many can sit at 1 table at Teppan Edo?

It’s been so long since we’ve been to Biergarten . Pre Covid they sat family style n. Is that back ? And similar question about how many can actually sit together

Any recommendations 1 way or another ?

Biergarten never returned to family style seating after Covid . So they don’t stick strangers with your party at the same table anymore

You are going to need 2 tables at either place. Probably can be closer together at Biergarten because you don’t have the hibachi element. What type of food would the group like better- Japanese hibachi or German comfort food w a polka band performance?

You will definitely need two tables at Teppan Edo and likely will need two at Biergarten as well. Biergarten feels like a better choice for a larger party IMO, the buffet style dining always seems to work best for larger groups, the atmosphere is better suited for conversation between tables/within large parties, and there's a show element to Biergarten that encourages people to get up and dance. Teppan Edo is also fun but if I was planning for 15, I would probably book Biergarten.

Is Biergarten still seating separately? The communal seating was always the thing that stopped me from booking, but we are going this summer and would love to try it.

Is Biergarten still seating separately? The communal seating was always the thing that stopped me from booking, but we are going this summer and would love to try it.

Bumping this up because I have the same question and I have read reports of both, but none recently - thinking of trying Biergarten later this year but with communal seating that would be a non-starter for our family....

I think at Biergarten a group of 15 could be right next to each other if not very, very close.

At Teppan Edo you'd have 2 tables you pretty much take your seat and remain there for the entire meal.

For that many in my party I'd def choose Biergarten because since its a buffet everyone could be up walking around a bit and having more interaction.

IMG_0360.jpeg

I have rad (either this site or a different one) and the same question re. communal seating was still a thing. Every report I’ve read is that there is NO communal seating. I’ve never wanted to for that very reason. May have to try it.

I have eaten at Biergarten twice in the last year and as a single diner was always seated by myself.

I think at Biergarten a group of 15 could be right next to each other if not very, very close.

At Teppan Edo you'd have 2 tables you pretty much take your seat and remain there for the entire meal.

For that many in my party I'd def choose Biergarten because since its a buffet everyone could be up walking around a bit and having more interaction.

View attachment 848579
That is a pre pandemic photo. I haven’t read any reports of communal seating returning, but I have read multiple reports of parties being seated by themselves in addition to the one above. We’ve eaten there two or three times since reopening and have been at our own table, and I’ve seen different size tables to seat parties from four to twelve.

I have eaten at Biergarten twice in the last year and as a single diner was always seated by myself.
Actually that's good news for me. As a solo, I'm used to "entertaining myself" when dining solo. Also, I've had terrible luck with table mates when I've had communal dining. As I always say, "Much better to be solo when dining than to wish I was" and believe me, with the diners I was placed with at communal dining, I wished I was! Oddly though, I always enjoyed sitting with the people I offered to share my table with when dining at crowded QS places.

I can’t seem to find the cost for sitting at the Habachi table at Tepan Edo and ordering the whole meal. Do u order ala carte or is there a menu with pricing that included the whole meal at Habachi table?

Last edited:
Ate at Biergarten in November (2 adults). We sat at one end & another small group sat at the other end of the same table so there was an empty seat between us on both sides of the table.

Did you do walk up or have an ADR?
Walk up.

Another time previously when a walk up we were given the option of sitting alone (longer wait) or at a shared table. I can't recall in November if they asked that option. 🤔

Honestly when we sat inside Mexico at our "own" table we were closer to other people than when we sat in Germany with people at the other end of the same table. :laughing: Sharing a table at Biergarten has never bothered me so it's not something I super notice either.

I can’t seem to find the cost for sitting at the Habachi table at Tepan Edo and ordering the whole meal. Do u order ala carte or is there a menu with pricing that included the whole meal at Habachi table?

Yes to both, a la carte or “combination” pricing are both available. Scroll down the menu to find the combination options.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/menus
It depends what you mean by a la carte. In my experience most hibachi places give you miso, Tepan Edo charges for it. However it’s not a la carte in the sense you have to order protein and sides individually like you would say at an expensive steak house.

When we went you got whatever meat(s) you ordered, noodles, vegetables, and a salad without any additional costs.

Walk up.

Another time previously when a walk up we were given the option of sitting alone (longer wait) or at a shared table. I can't recall in November if they asked that option. 🤔

Honestly when we sat inside Mexico at our "own" table we were closer to other people than when we sat in Germany with people at the other end of the same table. :laughing: Sharing a table at Biergarten has never bothered me so it's not something I super notice either.
I believe if you have a ADR you get your own tables that’s what I have experienced. Walk up they seat you “together “

I went to Biergarten last week with 1 other person and we had our own table which was a 4 top.

It was really a lovely dinner - so wholesome with kids dancing to the band. And the food was pretty good for a buffet. I liked the salads better than the proteins and sides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter