• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Reporting in on my method of success this AM. Waited on MDE main page with finger hovering over the join button under the AT-AT. Clicked right as it turned 7 am, BG 49. Bf and I both were trying, we are both Verizon, I have an 11 with normal data and he has a 12 with 5G. I was faster! We both did not use resort WiFi (Wilderness Lodge).

looking forward to riding today. May the force be with anyone trying later today or soon!!

Hi everyone. First timer making a go at RotR next week. Will it be an issue if our party of 4 has 2 separate ParkPass reservations for the same day? 2 people are in 1 reservation, 2 are in the other, and all 4 are in the same MDE party. I don't want to get hit with an unnecessary alert or dialog box while pounding through the reservation process at 7:00am because of this.

Not sure why MDE is dividing us up, but might be related to the fact that we have 2 sets of tickets loaded in and need to prioritize one set at Guest Services when we arrive. ParkPasses are all on the same day.

Last edited:

Hi everyone. First timer making a go at RotR next week. Will it be an issue if our party of 4 has 2 separate ParkPass reservations for the same day? 2 people are in 1 reservation, 2 are in the other, and all 4 are in the same MDE party. I don't want to get hit with an unnecessary alert or dialog box while pounding through the reservation process at 7:00am because of this.

Not sure why MDE is dividing us up, but might be related to the fact that we have 2 sets of tickets loaded in and need to prioritize one set at Guest Services when we arrive. ParkPasses are all on the same day.
As long as everyone shows up in your friends & family list, it should be fine. If for some reason you get the BG and someone is missing, just go to guest services and they can add the missing person.

As above, no, it won't be a problem. In December we had people whose park passes had been booked in different groups based on types of tickets they had as well as the dates the passes were booked. As long as everyone in the party is listed as F&F in all the different MDE accounts being used, they'll be selected for purposes of getting a BG.

Hey- are there any benefits to what day of the week one books HS? I am new to the post-covid thing and we need to now decide what day is our HS day? from my understanding you can book at 7am for BG up until 1pm? So is it best to try for a boarding group for the morning part of a booked HS day? But what about if I hop over after 2pm? Bascially PHers in the afternoon, no chance?

Hey- are there any benefits to what day of the week one books HS? I am new to the post-covid thing and we need to now decide what day is our HS day? from my understanding you can book at 7am for BG up until 1pm? So is it best to try for a boarding group for the morning part of a booked HS day? But what about if I hop over after 2pm? Bascially PHers in the afternoon, no chance?
DHS fills to capacity almost every day if not every day so there really isn't any day that is better than the other. Rope Drop is key at all parks right now.

Just a little clarification re: BG's. Yes, they drop at 7AM and 1PM but there is not guarantee when (if) you will ride. It all depends on how the ride is functioning that day. Obtaining a BG at 7AM does not guarantee that it will be called prior to 1PM. Those with the highest BG numbers at the 7AM drop will most likely not ride until after 1PM so that there isn't a 'lag' when there are no BG's to call.

If you do not get a BG at 7AM and you are definitely hopping to another park right at 2PM then there really is little reason to try for a BG at 1PM as it will most likely be called after you've left the park. If you have no intentions of returning to DHS to ride then it's best to leave those BGs for another guest to obtain who will be in the park.

DHS fills to capacity almost every day if not every day so there really isn't any day that is better than the other. Rope Drop is key at all parks right now.

Just a little clarification re: BG's. Yes, they drop at 7AM and 1PM but there is not guarantee when (if) you will ride. It all depends on how the ride is running that day. Obtaining a BG at 7AM does not guarantee that it will be called prior to 1PM. Those with the highest BG numbers at the 7AM drop will most likely not ride until after 1PM so that there isn't a 'lag' when there are no BG's to call.
Ok, I get it now. so if this ride is a must do. you must invest that day really for HS. IF you get a BG

Ok, I get it now. so if this ride is a must do. you must invest that day really for HS. IF you get a BG
Honestly, it depends. If you get an early BG you can be on and off the ride before 11 AM and the day is yours. If you get a higher BG or the ride is running poorly, it will take longer. IMHO it really is a 'day of' call as there are too many variables. To be safe you may want to plan the entire day there then change things on the fly if everything goes your way.

And just a clarification- if you are hopping TO HS, you cannot get a BG, because for the 1 pm drop, you have to have checked into DHS (you can leave).

Thanks to everyone who has posted tips and tricks in this thread! At the start of my trip last week I was feeling okay about my chances of getting a bg after several successful practice runs at home. Then I struck out both attempts on my first day. I went back through the last couple of pages of posts looking for some help and am so glad I did.

First, I did a speed test about 10 minutes before 7 AM and discovered that the wifi at BC was significantly faster than at&t cellular on my phone which is what I was using the first day. I also clicked join next to the at-at picture a minute or two early then used the back arrow to return to the original screen. This made that second page load a little faster when I hit join at 7.

The third time was the charm and we wound up with boarding group 6. The ride was basically a walk on and we were on and off before 10:00 AM. Best of luck to everyone trying in the future!

Does anyone know if you get a high BG (69 in our case) and want to cancel your HS park reservation and book another park with intent to hop over to HS after 2, will cancelling your HS park reservation also cancel your BG?

Got BG1 this morning! Followed the tips in this thread and it is our first time going (practiced at home for like a week and a half). Tips were: Loading the page in advance and backing out, clicking at 6:59:59 per time.gov, using multiple devices, closing all other apps, and doing a speedtest between hotel wifi and cellular.

Also can confirm I did not need to select my party members this time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you get a high BG (69 in our case) and want to cancel your HS park reservation and book another park with intent to hop over to HS after 2, will cancelling your HS park reservation also cancel your BG?
I'm not aware of anyone who has tried this. I would guess it would cancel your BG as you no longer have a park reservation for DHS but this is truly a guess.

Also, in many cases, BG 69 may be called prior to 2PM if the ride is running well.

If you try this, please report back here what happens as I believe you may be the first case reported here of trying that, IF that's what you decide to do.

Boarding Group 4 sitting on the outside deck overlooking the quiet pool and Tower of Terror at Boardwalk Villas.
For those on this thread going today I am wearing a Death Star Out of Service shirt and New Jersey Devils hat. My name is Gary. If you see me say hello. In a celebratory mood so Baseline might be in the cards.

I'm not aware of anyone who has tried this. I would guess it would cancel your BG as you no longer have a park reservation for DHS but this is truly a guess.

Also, in many cases, BG 69 may be called prior to 2PM if the ride is running well.

If you try this, please report back here what happens as I believe you may be the first case reported here of trying that, IF that's what you decide to do.
My son is not letting me take the risk, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter