• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Hello! Do I need to be at the park at 7:00 to join the virtual queue or can I join the boarding group even if I'm at the hotel? Thanks in advance.

A big HUG and thanks to this thread for all the tips and helpful answers! Just got my first BG (BG24!) at my very first attempt! The months long of practices has really paid off….

I used the Disney WiFi because my cellular data was little to none at where I was. The speed was around 4 mbps at 6:58am. It was 25 mbps at 6:50! I panicked a bit seeing the much reduced speed but still gave all my best. I used the time.gov to time my try. As soon as the screen shows 6:59.59, I clicked JOIN on the Home Screen on MDE, didn’t see the second join ( cus I joined a fraction of second too early) so I pulled down the screen to refresh ( thanks for all the practices so I knew what to do) then clicked two more JOINs.

BG 24!!:dogdance::dogdance::yay::yay:

Gonna go wake my kids up so we can get our derrières to HS.

Wishing everyone good luck on getting those BGs!

Scored BG 8 on Disney wifi at Gran Destino this morning! Nice send off for a quick weekend trip.

BTW I said this in a couple other threads but I wanted to warn everyone here who has not yet done the ride. I’m not sure if this is just showing at CSR or at all the resorts but I noticed a new replacement show for Stacey on resort tv and the HS segment heavily spoils RotR. It’s not just the same picture everyone has seen in Disney marketing to this point. I stumbled on it on Friday night and would have been really mad if I hadn’t gone on the ride yet.

Scored BG 8 on Disney wifi at Gran Destino this morning! Nice send off for a quick weekend trip.

BTW I said this in a couple other threads but I wanted to warn everyone here who has not yet done the ride. I’m not sure if this is just showing at CSR or at all the resorts but I noticed a new replacement show for Stacey on resort tv and the HS segment heavily spoils RotR. It’s not just the same picture everyone has seen in Disney marketing to this point. I stumbled on it on Friday night and would have been really mad if I hadn’t gone on the ride yet.
Thanks so much for sharing this information @kylenne! I've done my best for over a year to avoid spoilers before our trip. It would be awful to get so close and have it spoiled once on property. Appreciate you sharing this information with us!!

Thanks so much for sharing this information @kylenne! I've done my best for over a year to avoid spoilers before our trip. It would be awful to get so close and have it spoiled once on property. Appreciate you sharing this information with us!!
Ahhh you're so close to going, next month right? Have you found out yet if the 2 countries will be allowing your travel? I really hope you get there soon so you can get on RotR!

Ahhh you're so close to going, next month right? Have you found out yet if the 2 countries will be allowing your travel? I really hope you get there soon so you can get on RotR!
Thanks and yes! All going well, we'll be 'home' 7 weeks from tomorrow!!

As of this morning the first big change came into place. Fully vaccinated Canadians returning home will no longer need to quarantine for 14 days upon return from essential travel. Non-essential travel is still not allowed but this is a step in the right direction and we're hoping to hear soon that non-essential travel (Disney!!) will be allowed too. The current border closure remains in place until July 21st and I'm hoping we see changes announced for after that which will allow us to go next month!

We're still just cautiously optimistic as we've had a couple of trips cancelled in the past few years (Irma in 2017 and Covid in 2020) so we're getting a little excited but understandably cautious.

Thanks so much for thinking of us @GBRforWDW! I know many Canadians who are excited to slowly start getting back to life again!

As of this morning the first big change came into place. Fully vaccinated Canadians returning home will no longer need to quarantine for 14 days upon return from essential travel. Non-essential travel is still not allowed but this is a step in the right direction and we're hoping to hear soon that non-essential travel (Disney!!) will be allowed too. The current border closure remains in place until July 21st and I'm hoping we see changes announced for after that which will allow us to go next month!

We're still just cautiously optimistic as we've had a couple of trips cancelled in the past few years (Irma in 2017 and Covid in 2020) so we're getting a little excited but understandably cautious.

Thanks so much for thinking of us @GBRforWDW! I know many Canadians who are excited to slowly start getting back to life again!

Ah I hadn’t heard this yet, I’m so happy!!! My gf got her second shot last week. It’s been bittersweet at the parks without my partner in crime considering Star Wars is such a huge deal for us both. Here’s hoping we can see our Canadian loved ones soon!!! And I hope you get to go on your trip!!

Who do we need to convince Disney is essential travel? 🤣😂🤣. I hate how slow it moves getting things in place like this, but better to be safe and confident. RotR will be there whenever you get there, but fingers crossed it's next month!

I was concerned with the speed test stuff saying you needed 50 mbps and I was getting less than 5 on data and wifi. Still, I have been 100% when practicing with time.gov and "join, join, join". I think this is similar to a good plan being better than picking the right park to minimize waits (this doesn't even apply anymore). Unless you have the full capacity of daily riders familiar with the best way to get a BG and all on fast data/wifi, I think you will be fine.

I was concerned with the speed test stuff saying you needed 50 mbps and I was getting less than 5 on data and wifi. Still, I have been 100% when practicing with time.gov and "join, join, join". I think this is similar to a good plan being better than picking the right park to minimize waits (this doesn't even apply anymore). Unless you have the full capacity of daily riders familiar with the best way to get a BG and all on fast data/wifi, I think you will be fine.
I am not getting 50 mbps on 5G, LTE, or Disney wifi. I just got here to All Star Movies. LTE seems to be the best for me so far. But again, I’ve been having major cell issues since my SIM card change last week. I even went to T mobile and they blamed it on towers being converted from sprint to t mobile. They told me not to use the 5G. A little frustrated. Cause I know sprint wasn’t the best. But it was better than this. I try my first time for real tomorrow at 7am. I’ll report back to see if I’m successful and with what. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I tried “for real” three times.
twice successful and both on WiFi
first was at 7 successful on WiFi and no speed test done prior
second at 7 failed with speed test showing WiFi at 20 and LTE at 43 (used)
third at 1 successful with WiFi at 25 (used) and LTE at 6

Got BG 8 this morning using Disney wifi in my room at All Star Movies. My cell service can go take a hike lol. Literally so bad. So anyone going through that sprint and t mobile merge, don’t be afraid of the wifi! Thanks everyone for all the help! My two littles are so excited!

my issue was the ride was down for most of the day and screwed up plans in order to ride.
got BG 35 with est return at 11:15, after multiple break downs finally got on around 5 and that wasn’t easy either as the CM said ourtime past and acted like you were not able to join for breakdowns after the fact.
Well this is a little disturbing.

I did

my issue was the ride was down for most of the day and screwed up plans in order to ride.
got BG 35 with est return at 11:15, after multiple break downs finally got on around 5 and that wasn’t easy either as the CM said ourtime past and acted like you were not able to join for breakdowns after the fact.

anyway first time rider, pretty cool experience.
Not sure it’s worth all the hassle though
Well this is a little disturbing.
When a board group is called it gives an actual 1 hour return window. Until then it is only an estimated return window, nothing official. Once your BG is called you have 1 hour to return to the ride.

There is no reason a CM should have challenged you returning at 5 if you were within your 1 hour return window. Was this the case or had your return window opened and closed prior to 5?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter