Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I have people not joining me in my friends and family. Will I have to deselect them or will only those with a park reservation at DHS show as preselected?

I have people not joining me in my friends and family. Will I have to deselect them or will only those with a park reservation at DHS show as preselected?
You are correct, only those with a park reservation will be preselected. So don’t worry about it or stop to read it, just keep going! Join join join 😆 quick.

Practicing from home today. Looks like the 1PM boarding groups were available for 50+ seconds! Hopefully that gave a lot of people the time needed to grab them.

Practicing from home today. Looks like the 1PM boarding groups were available for 50+ seconds! Hopefully that gave a lot of people the time needed to grab them.

The skies looked pretty ominous around 1pm today. Perhaps that’s why. Saw lots of people leaving the park when we entered around 12:15.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info on this thread!
On my August trip it will be 4 of us including my 2yo DD who won’t be riding ROTR. Since she doesn’t have a ticket or park pass, can I assume she automatically won’t be selected when I try to reserve a BG?

Today I tried to practice but for the very last blue button me and my party were not all automatically selected. I had to press select all in my group to add me and my party and was unsuccessful, is there a reason why that is?

Today I tried to practice but for the very last blue button me and my party were not all automatically selected. I had to press select all in my group to add me and my party and was unsuccessful, is there a reason why that is?
When practicing, not everyone is selected. Only one person is usually selected. On your real park day, everyone with a park pass reservation will automatically be selected. That is why when practicing, you don't stop to take the time to add family members. You won't have to do that on your real day. Try practicing again, but don't stop to add any family members.

I've practiced at home a few days, and when it gets to party selection, it also shows my Mom, who will be joining us for a couple of days in December. I don't have a park reservation for the days I'm practicing, but it shows her in my possible group. I then get locked out of the practice because I don't have a park reservation.

When it comes time to go in August, and 3 of the 4 people have actual park reservations, will she not show, or will I need to deselect her?

I can't remove her from my friends and family list, as she's not tech savvy and I'm managing her reservation. I just don't want to miss a boarding group this summer because it tries to auto select someone with December tickets.

In this tread (1st page) it says "-Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time. "
Question: Do all four people in my family and friends sign in to MDE using my account login information?

I've practiced at home a few days, and when it gets to party selection, it also shows my Mom, who will be joining us for a couple of days in December. I don't have a park reservation for the days I'm practicing, but it shows her in my possible group. I then get locked out of the practice because I don't have a park reservation.

When it comes time to go in August, and 3 of the 4 people have actual park reservations, will she not show, or will I need to deselect her?

I can't remove her from my friends and family list, as she's not tech savvy and I'm managing her reservation. I just don't want to miss a boarding group this summer because it tries to auto select someone with December tickets.
Only people with park pass reservations will be selected on your real park day. Your mom won't be selected.

In this tread (1st page) it says "-Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time. "
Question: Do all four people in my family and friends sign in to MDE using my account login information?
Yes they can.

There is a lot of great information in Post 1 explaining who will and will not be selected and how to practice. Please ready post 1.

There is a lot of great information in Post 1 explaining who will and will not be selected and how to practice. Please ready post 1.
I had read post 1, but my experience did not match what it said about practicing. Post 1 says only your name will show up, but on my screen everyone is listed, which is why I was trying to clarify.

Only people with park pass reservations will be selected on your real park day. Your mom won't be selected.
Thank you! I thought it might be because of the park pass issue while practicing, but I appreciate the confirmation. After 3 canceled trips due to covid, I'd really like the best possible chance of getting my Star Wars fanatic hubby and kiddo on the ride.

Reactions: CJK
I had read post 1, but my experience did not match what it said about practicing. Post 1 says only your name will show up, but on my screen everyone is listed, which is why I was trying to clarify.
Yes, everyone is listed but nobody is selected. Nobody in your party has a park reservation for today so nobody (including yourself) are selected.

You can stop and click everyone if you wish but you will be adding unnecessary time to your practice and not truly reflecting what you need to do the day you try to get a BG.

Your list of family and friends will show up but only you will be selected while practicing. On the actual day you are trying for a BG, only the people who have a park pass will be selected- but again your full list will appear on that screen.

We will meet one of my daughters and her friends at HS for one day. How do I link my group to try for boarding group and dinning reservations for that one day? We will be at different parks the rest of the trip with different park and dinning reservations. Thanks so much.

you can join the family group on MDE now and still have separate plans all trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter