Tell me? how do you keep a clean house!?!?

You should have heard me half an hour ago when I entered dd's room ( age 6 ) , I just remember saying, I'm going to kill her!!! why?? she decides that it's ok to eat in her room when mommy is working, but who do I blame, her or dh for allowing it?? he's going to do some cleaning tonight after work and he's not going to like it! :mad:
My oldest is not that bad but I also feel the same way on mondays, I have at least 4 loads of wash ( after doing all laundry on friday ) , I think my kids have fashion shows on weekends when I work.

Originally posted by snoopy
You're better off rested with a messy house. :teeth:
Ahhhhh, I finally fit in a category!! LMBO

Sometimes I wonder what am I thinking, going back to work in the fall?! :eek: Could this house GET any worse?! :rolleyes:

I agree its a never ending battle. I too do most of my housework in the middle of the night. I always wash my floors about 2am, I wash my white floors with bleach, So I do it when my little ones are not around to walk on it. Funny story... One night about 2:30, I was washing my kitchen floor, In my undies, So the bleach would not ruin the bottem of my pants.:rolleyes: And My phone started to ring, I thought ok what the hell? I picked up and a male neighbor of mine , said Normally I would never call anyone this late. But in this case I thought it prudent. First of all what the hell are you doing? SECONDLY ....shut the shades, or put on some clothes, It was very funny.:eek: I still laugh when I think about the call.

Try to keep your own house clean when that's wha you do for work....I clean other peoples houses all and and a few buildings and then try to come back to my own house.....ARRRRR

My DH and kids are slobs....I've tried training the kids but it doesn't work when dad is a slob.....So, I'm cleaning all day and then cleaning all night....actually I rarely get to clean my house it usually just tidying.....Drives me insane....

I've just started to purge my house of junk....we live in a very small house with no closets and no storage.....I'm hoping this wll help if I can get rid of lots of stuff...

Ladies: Perhaps we should keep these few rules and tips in mind.

* Vacuuming too often weakens the carpet fibers. Say this with a serious face and then shudder delicately whenever someone mentions Carpet Fresh.

* Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it a SPF factor of 5 and leave it alone.

* Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? and spoil the mood?"

*Mix 1/4 cup pine-scented household cleaner with 4 cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampended rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself on the coach and sigh, "I clean and clean and I still don't get anywhere...".

Originally posted by ILUVDXL
Ladies: Perhaps we should keep these few rules and tips in mind.

* Vacuuming too often weakens the carpet fibers. Say this with a serious face and then shudder delicately whenever someone mentions Carpet Fresh.

* Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it a SPF factor of 5 and leave it alone.

* Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? and spoil the mood?"

*Mix 1/4 cup pine-scented household cleaner with 4 cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampended rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself on the coach and sigh, "I clean and clean and I still don't get anywhere...".

I love the way you think!!!

Originally posted by snoopy
I do most of my housework in the middle of the night.

I find cleaning therapeutic, and if I can't sleep, I clean.

#1...Housework after 7pm, nope, I am done for the day! My grouch meter goes on. I am not a night owl.

#2...I do not find housework therapeutic (I loathe it) and if I can't sleep I am on the computer or watching TV. LOL!

Seriously...the rule I have put on myself (as I am a morning person)...I try to set a time for myself. Right now I am trying to get things in order before 10am. As a SAHM this approach seems to work best for me.

And no my home is never "perfect". My dh and kids are slobs. BUT they do clean...because I MAKE them.

As shep has stated our house isn't 'spotless', but it is always presentable....mostly due to him since he works second shift and is 'fresh' in the morning. I work first shift and feel the same way you do, no energy at the end of the day to clean. Shep does all the laundry. I do some extra straightening in the evenings, but the girls are pretty good at keeping their stuff put away. I do more thorough cleanings while shep is golfing, every other Saturday.

zurgswife-I have a friend that cleans houses with her friend. They have now switched off cleaning each other's houses. Her friend cleans her house and she cleans her friend's house...it really seems to work for them.

Nobody in this house, except me of course, ever puts anything back where they found it!!!:rolleyes: I always feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt when I need the scissors or a piece of scotch tape or the tape measure, etc. etc.

And why is it nobody notices a sticky or crumb-filled countertop or the fact that the toilet paper holder or paper towel holder is empty? And who would ever think to wipe up that soda or juice that just got spilled on the floor? And I don't mean by swiping at it with the sock on your foot!

Empty Pepsi cans on the counter, half-eaten bags of chips on someone's desk, last weeks newspaper on the living room floor, dirty laundry on the bedroom floor, trail of dog food from Dog Chow bag to dog dish...

How do I keep my house clean? I don't.

:D

You mean people have houses that stay clean?? During the day, home with 2 little ones--3 and 1-- I pick up the same toys atleast 3 or 4 times a day. Our house never stays clean--I pick stuff up and here come kids spreading it all out--especially if they see you picking it up, thats a lost cause. Dh doesnt get home til late so he is not much of a help during the week, but does help out on the weekend.

Thanks, everyone... for making me feel normal.

I am looking forward to the day my youngest starts Kindergarten (3 more years). See, after the celebration cake, I can clean the house, then SIT AROUND FOR 4 hours looking at the clean house!! WOW!! I'm sure that after a few days of this, I will become bored and need something else to do... but a girl can dream, can't she?

I think it is one of the things I used to love about school (projects, you study, test and move on to new and better things) and even some jobs I have had (more projects, complete and move on to different projects)... This Stay At Home life, it seems like the movie Ground Hog Day! Same ****, different day! There is no happiness in completing a load of laundry since you know you will be doing the SAME FREAKING load in a few days!! :( Same with cleaning a room, washing the floor, etc... I do like switching the kids clothes over from season to season... new clothes... new view... new laundry!! lol

Summer drives me crazy also, dirt, sand, and the grass needs mowing (a two hour job on a rider not including trimming!). Mosquitos, blackflies, etc...

Why I like Disney... I DON'T have to cook or clean up! I have a housekeepr who gives me new shampoo and clean towels DAILY!! :eek: I can leave towels on the floor of the shower and when I come back, they have been replaced by clean, fresh towels! A housewife's dream vacation! lol

Done rambling.
K

Karen I feel the same way somedays. It just never seems to end! I am frequently asking myself, "didn't I just DO this?!":confused:

The only way my house will ever be reasonable is if I hire someone to come in once a week. If I did that I know I'd at least pick up everything so they could clean.

My neice cleans for my sometimes, she gets on to me because I do projects even when the house isn't clean. Oh well, at least something gets done.

This was a great thread, but as I'm reading it I'm thinking "I should be picking up the mess in the family room!" Can't win! :(

I do clean my bathrooms everyday & that alone really helps since there isn't too much time spent in cleaning a room which is cleaned daily. Beds are made as soon as we're out of them, makes the room look neat immediately. My kitchen always seems a mess but my sink is always shiny (just like that Flygirl or whatever it is website says.) I love shiny sinks & tubs.

Okay, I'm off to clean off my desk which has piles of stuff from months ago. If I can't get rid of stuff quickly, I'm just going to stack it neatly until I can get back to it!

I'm off!!! Away we gooooooo.....

My house is spotless!!!! I left a check on the counter this morning, and voila! it's clean when I come home.

When we moved here, I gave up my cleaning service for a year and a half. I was too stressed. As soon as I cleaned A, B needed attention. After just one cleaning, it's made all the difference in the world.

Of course, as a single mom, I get the job, the commute, the mothering, the girl scout troop, the yard work, the car stuff AND the cleaning. Something had to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter