teenagers At VWL

badeacon

DIS Veteran
OKW is our home but we have used our points this year but have now decided to go to WDW for xmas.Thought it wouldn't be as crowded and some good prices so we have been able to get cash reservation 12/21-12/26 in A 2BRat both VWL and BV.The price is much better at VWL. WE will have 3 teenage girls 12,14,16 and are wondering if they will be bored at VWL.Feel there is probably more to do and in the middle of action at BV . Because of price would probably like to stay at VWL but want to have happy holidays and not bored teenagers. Any advice or info about activities at VWL would be appreciated.

When our daughters were in that age group, we allowed them to venture out on their own (at WDW) as long as they stayed together. We had regular times for them to check in with us. It worked quite well.

They were quite happy with the freedom and enjoyed using the buses. If giving your DD's some space is within your comfort zone- the VWL will be great. They can take the boat to the contemp and use the game room if they get tired of exploring the WL area.

No right or wrong here- it all depends on your personal level of comfort..and their's also!

Have a great trip!

hi: our youngest is still a teen and usually brings a friend or two on vacation. he prefers our "home" at bwv but has also stayed at wl. there is a little more to do at bwv. the snack bar and pool at wl were also enjoyed by him. a bunch of teens organized a small volleyball game in the pool there. i think they'll have fun no matter which resort and the theming at wl is great.

I have a 16 yr old & 19 yr old sons. They are allowed to venture off on their own...it just makes them happier! We will be staying at VWL from 12/23 - 27 so let's try to get these teens together! BTW, I called MS 2 weeks ago and was able to get a 1 brm at VWL with pts!

We stayed at VWL last summer with our 17-year-old DS and a friend, and our 15-year-old daughter and her friend. We allowed the kids to come and go as they pleased, as long as they kept in touch, which they were very good about doing. The boys met a couple of girls whose family was at OKW, so those four went back and forth between resorts and spent quite a bit of time doing the parks together. They're now email buddies as the girls live in PA and we're from MA. My daughter and her friend actually did quite a bit with DH and me, but occasionally ventured off on their own. I think this is one of those issues where it will be up to you. All in all VWL worked very well for all of our teens as long as we 'loosened the leash' a bit, which we were very comfortable with.

I agree keeping in touch is the key. I don't know what we would do without our Talkabouts. If you don't have them get them before you go.

Thanks for replies.I agree they will do fine whereever we stay and have always had great time at WDW. It just seems when planning trip one wants to make it best possilble . Will probably look into Talkabouts and allow them some freedom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter