Technical Q&A about age on Disney

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
My Best friend want to go on the 4 night disney cruise as a graduation present to ourselves, probably the june 20th or 27th cruise. She'll be 18, and I'll still be 17 until July 1st, would I be an adult or child?

I may need to be corrected but I think Disney requires one person in the room to be 21 in order to book the room. I believe if you are 17 and the second person in the room you are full fare, regardless of age. If however, there are two others in the room, one of the three would be the lower fare for the 3rd and 4th passenger. I hope that made sense.

nope still confused, sorta. I 1/2 understood that. So say we go after my B-day, and we're both 18, are we then both adults according to Disney?

Let me take a stab.

If there is not a requirement to have someone older than 21 in the room, and it is only the two of you - both considered adults in the fare you pay.

Some other thoughts:
Drinking alcohol on board - neither is considered an adult, must be 21
Play Bingo - Only 18 year old can claim the prize, although both can play
Teen Activities - Common Ground, Teen Beach, etc. - Only 17 year old can participate
Adult Activities - Spa, Adult pool, Palo, Serenity Bay, etc. - Only 18 year old can participate

IMHO, I would try to go after your 18th birthday. This way you will both be able to participate in the same activities.

well, I think we'll do that, make life a little easier for us. Also we'll have a month or 2 more to earn the money for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter