Taste of Disney...

deacondarlin

Employement Counselor/Welfare Diva Extraordinaire
Mom and I are headed for a girls only trip to WDW Jan 28-Feb 3. We're splitting the cost, but what she doesn't know is that I'm paying for the dining plan for both of us. The hubby and I got in on the free deal last September, and I think it made all the difference in our vacation. Mom and I have both been to WDW several times, but our family was normally a "sandwiches in the room" type. I really want this to be special for her. I know she loves Chef Mickey's, so that's a definite. What are some other restaurants that would give her the true "Taste of Disney" essence? (Hubby and I ate most of our meals in Epcot, but Mom's not much on the international flair). Thanks for your help! :wave2:

In Epcot you could do le Cellier, the Canadian steakhouse. It's very popular and you will want ADR's early (180 days from your check-in date). Look at the menus here:

allears.net menus

Also keep in mind that sauces on steaks, chicken, etc can often be requested on the side. That will turn something fancy schmancy in just a steak. Have a great trip with your MOM!!! :cheer2:

I recommend 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian & also The Crystal Palace.

(My family almost always does character meals so that's all I'm really familiar with).

any of the character meals - like maybe akershus or especially 1900 park fare. we did akershus breakfast and probably wont eat there again. most of the restaurants we didnt like were simply because we just arent ethnic and fancy eaters. Akershus was good enough though and people with more explorative tastes have really enjoyed it for lunch/dinner. Our favorite restaurants have been 1900 park fare (both breakfast and dinner) and Crystal Palace(havent been there for breakfast). We really like buffets and these were really really great.

THe other thing would be to go to some of the restaurants that are full of hi jinks but it seems getting a server who gets into the act is harder and harder. We have been to 50's prime time and wispering canyon cafe. We enjoyed our meal at both but our server at 50's wasnt into it so I dont know how fun it can be. People always post what a great time the have at these places.

Of course the Castle is such a taste of disney but it has gone down hill and is two credits...but we dont regret at all doing the one time for my dd's birthday but we wont go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter