Tasha's Journal (UPDATE: Our baby has arrived! Pics on last page!!)

Hey, everyone! Well, Kylie has FINALLY arrived! But I must say she didn't want to be born. She did everything in her power to prevent it. I woke up having contractions Thurs. morning but when I went to my dr.'s appt. I was still only dilated to 1 cm and not having "normal" contractions so they decided to induce me an hour later. They didn't start the pitocin drip (that's what starts the contractions) until noon but as soon as they did I started having TERRIBLE back labor. I was in soooo much pain and all I can say is at that moment I would have married the epidural man who made the pain go away for a while! ;) Scott and my mom stayed with me the whole time. I knew that the nurses and dr. seemed concerned b/c they were being extremely caution while monitoring me and kept hooking me to more and more machines. They also had me on oxygen for almost the entire time. Finally they told me that Kylie was not handling the contractions well. Every time I would have a contraction her heart rate would drop dangerously low. So around 7:20 p.m. or so the dr. decided it was getting dangerous to let me have a natural labor and I was only at 6 cm. So they decided that it was in the baby's best interest to do a c-section and there was no time to delay so I was put to sleep for it. I was extremely worried. I was nervous to be put to sleep and nervous for the baby but I was keeping my emotions in control pretty well until my mom leaned down kissed my forhead and said I would be all right. Then Scott started squeezing my hand. Their eyes let me know how worried they were and that was when I got really nervous and just started crying. I literally prayed for Kylie, myself, and my family (should anything have gone wrong) all the way to surgery. But things went smoothly. God was definitely looking out for us! I don't remember being put to sleep and I thought I was dreaming when I woke up. I don't remember much but they kept telling me how big my baby girl was and how she had a head full of hair and how beautiful she was. Scott and my mom said they asked me how I felt when they saw me after I was wheeled into recovery around 10:30 that night. I don't remember any of this but they swear I said, "I hurt and I just delivered a baby elephant." I honestly don't recall any of that...lol! Anyway, Kylie Noel was born on 5-5-05 at 8:13 p.m. She weighed 9 lbs 7 oz and was 20 inches long. I am so in love with her and so is Scott! :love: We have only been home from the hospital for about 4-5 hours now. What a wonderful mother's day present is all I can say. I will write a part 2 to this sometime tomorrow but right now I am REALLY tired and need some rest. I want to let everyone know about my hospital stay and will try to post about it tomorrow. But first...I promised a pic, didn't I?! Here she is...being held by her daddy! :cloud9:

f430b209.jpg

Happy Mother's Day Tasha! I'm so happy for you & Scott.

Kylie is a darling!

Tasha ~ Kylie is so beautiful. Congrats to you and Scott.

Yay!! Kylie is here!! I'm am so happy for you and Scott!! Get your rest while Scott is home to help!! And follow those doctor's orders...I had 3 cesarian's and I know how you will want to do normal things...but take it slow because you have now had a surgery. Don't worry about entertaining guests that will want to visit...you and Kylie are the center of attention...let them visit, but don't worry about being the hostess.

Take care!! And again...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! She's gorgeous!!! :love:

Congratulations on the birth of princess: Kylie!!! She is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! :Pinkbounc

Enjoy every moment with your special little one. The time will go so quickly and you'll wonder what happened! :earseek:

Take good care of yourself, get lots of rest whenever you can. If people offer to help (cook, clean, whatever) LET THEM! You just had surgery and have a new born in the house. You'll be back on your feet in a few weeks, but in the mean time, you need to recover.

What a wonderful mother's day present you received! May God continue to bless you and your family with health and happiness! :wizard:

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

Oh Tasha :grouphug:

Congratulations! :Pinkbounc Your Kylie is so beautiful!!! princess:

Please be sure and take extra special care of you too. Let people "baby";)the two of you and please don't try to do too much too fast.

Tasha, I am so excited for you and Scott! I pray that God's blessings will continue to pour forth on you and your family. :grouphug:

Take good care of you sweetie! :grouphug: Happy Mother's Day!! :flower:

Hi. Sorry to be late to the party. Kylie is beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations! :goodvibes :goodvibes

She is so adorable! Blessings to you and many thanks to God for a safe delivery!

Hi Tasha ~ Hope everything is goes well with you all.

Can't wait for more piccies.

Hi, everyone! Well, sorry I haven't been on here to give any more updates. It is definitely an adjustment period with a newborn in the house. That, and Scott's parents and mine have been over several times. My dad and stepmom are coming over Saturday. My dad's parents are visiting from Florida and will be coming to see us next week. I am recovering unbelievably fast! Much more so than even the dr. predicted. I was up and walking within a day after the c-section and other than the fact that I still have really bad swelling in my feet I feel almost 100% recovered. I am on a lot of medications though and they tend to make me drowsy. I go to the dr. tomorrow morning to have my staples removed. So I feel like I am almost brand new again...lol! Well, I will tell you a little more about my stay in the hospital.

My mom stayed with Scott and me the entire time. We called Scott's mom but told her not to come to the hospital until we called her. I was not in the best mood before I had the epidural and then after that they were having trouble getting Kylie's heartrate to stay up so I didn't want his family there at the time. Well, he also told his mom not to tell anyone yet. But of course his mom told his sister who has the biggest mouth in the south. She then saw my dad's ex-wife at Wal-mart and told her. Dad's ex calls him and tells him the news. So when I called him the following morning to let him know she had been born and he could come visit he had the nerve to get all mad and say that I should have called him while I was in labor. :rolleyes: Okay, at this point enough is enough and I finally got into it with him. I had just had surgery and was recovering and all he cared about was himself. Well, he didn't come to the hospital that day. He was too mad I guess. But the next day he did stop by and apologized. We actually had a nice visit. It irritates me b/c he always does this. He acts like an idiot and stresses me out. Then he apologizes and I forgive him and we get along. Then he does it all over again. It's a never ending cycle but he's still my dad which makes it so difficult and I really like my stepmom too. So anyway they are coming to visit on Saturday and we'll probably get along then...for now. On another note, Sunday morning (my last day at the hospital) the nurses brought me a rose for mother's day and then the nutritionist who brought my meals brought me a rose for mother's day as well. Scott brought me roses and a card and my dad and stepmom brought me flowers. My mom brought me a stuffed animal and a balloon. The nursery worker brought Kylie in and there was a little fake bouquet of flowers that was 'from Kylie, to Mommy'! How sweet was that! :cloud9:

Kylie is a week old today! I can't believe it has been a whole week already! We have had a pretty easy time with her so far with the exception with one night where she had bad gas and didn't sleep well. She has already had her first check up and is doing great. Her 2 week check-up is on May 25. Scott and I looked through my baby albums last night and were shocked to discover that Kylie looks EXACTLY like me when I was a baby except she has Scott's hair color!

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not last time I posted but the reason that Kylie wasn't handling contractions well was b/c the cord was wrapped around her neck. Thank God I had a wonderful dr. I plan to use him with our next child too. He really was wonderful. And thank God that we had a healthy baby! I truly do love her and can not even begin to imagine life without her or Scott. Speaking of Scott...he told his boss that he found a new job and was going to take it. Well, apparently they really like him there so they offered to match the pay the new job was going to pay. So it looks like he will make more in the long run if he stays where he is now instead of taking the new job. I told him that was fine as long as he gets health insurance which his boss is supposed to be looking into for us. So I guess he is not going to be getting a new job afterall. But he will be getting the wonderful pay increase either way. So all I can say is God has been very good to us! Well, I think that is all of the updates I have for now. I will try to post some more pics of Kylie soon. I have some more film that I need to develop first.

Well, I went to have my staples removed today and all I can say is it is a good thing I really like and respect my dr.! He told me when I was discharged from the hospital to make sure I kept guaze pads over the incision every day. So Scott has been changing it every night for me. When we got to the clinic today he demanded to know who told us to keep the guaze on it. Um, you did, was my reply. Nope, he sure didn't was his reply. Apparently he didn't want me to keep guaze on it after I left the hospital. Since I did he felt that it was too risky to remove the staples today due to trapped moisture or something like that. So I have to go back Monday and have them removed. Oh, well, just a few more days. It's a shame though cause I feel so good and am ready to have them removed. But better safe than sorry.

Oh, and my dad is not coming tomorrow afterall. That is something else about him. Nine times out of ten he cancels plans with us, so I am not overly shocked.

Hiya Tasha, sounds as though you are doing well and adjusting to being a mommy.

Do you have any more piccies of your daughter yet?

Hi, everyone! Well, things have been busy around here and it is amazing how fast time flies by with a newborn in the house! Kylie is 15 days old today. She is just the sweetest thing and is a pretty easy baby so far...although she has her moments of crankiness as all babies do. I no longer have staples in my stomach. I had those removed Monday and was told I am healing rather quickly and well. The swelling in my feet is completely gone and I feel almost brand new. It is amazing how much better I feel now that I am no longer preg. When I was preg. I would be tired within 5 min. of walking through a store and I had TERRIBLE heartburn that literally was worse than labor to me! I haven't had any heartburn since Kylie was born...thankfully! And last night Scott and I took Kylie grocery shopping since she was 2 weeks old and I was itching to get out of the house. I didn't get tired at all for the first time in a LONG time! So things are going well now. My grandparents are supposed to be coming over today from Florida but I haven't heard from them in 2 weeks so I am not sure if they still are or not. I hope so. Anyway, I go for my 6 week check-up on June 16. Kylie has her 2 week check-up on Wed. The dr. told me that it was okay for me to start exercising again as long as I don't overdo it. The treadmill is a good idea to him since he wants me to do some walking everyday anyway. And I am really excited to start using it again. Scott has to move it to a different room first so it will probably be later tonight or tomorrow before I can actually use it. I can't wait though! I also have not had much of an appetite since I had Kylie and have lost all of the preg. weight except 10 lbs. I figure now is a good time to go back on WW...before my appetite picks back up. So we bought a bunch of WW meals, etc., last night. I am not "officially" joining WWs this time b/c of money issues (at least for the time being) but I remember enough about it from last time that I think I will do well enough. I may not follow it to a tee but I will do it close enough. I started this morning and so far am doing fine with it. Anyway, I don't have any more pics of Kylie right now b/c I still need to get some film developed first. I will probably have some pics within the next week or so.

Now for the moment I have been waiting for...this is the last time I will be posting in this journal. It has been great and so has the support but I am ready to make a fresh start with WISH and feel I need a new journal to do so. So if you want to follow along with my new journey then please see my new journal which I am about to create entitled: Tasha's Post Baby Journal. I hope to see all of you there and will continue to give updates about Kylie and pics as well. And of course I will finally be WISHING again! Can't wait to see you on my new thread which I am about to create now...assuming the DIS doesn't freeze up or something! Bye for now! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter