Tammy's pj ... 10/20/2008 WP & ADH.... TRIP REPORT UPDATED pg 12!! Day 7 WEDDING DAY!

TamTab

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

Ok so I have been lurking on here for a few months reading everyones wonderful planning journals and trip reports. It looks to be an amazing group of people here and I am so very excited to be sharing my special day with you. Since I am recently engaged I don't have much planned yet but I do have lots and lots of ideas. So her we go ....

About Us

Me: My name is Tammy I am 27 and live in Ontario Canada. I am a competitive gymnastics coach here in my home town. I have dreamed about a Disney wedding for as long as I can remember.

n511213183_41069_5623.jpg

DF: Andrew who is also 27 works for Coca Cola. Not thrilled with the idea of Disney but says what ever his princess wants his princess gets.

n511213183_7328_9355.jpg

How we met

Haha the first time or the second time?! Anyways we first met in Highschool in grade 9 art class. We were together for a short time then until we realized that there were other things more important to us then each other. We lost track, made different friends and pretty much stopped talking. This was back in 1996. Fast forward to 2004 ... I had moved to a different city but was headed back to my home town to catch up with some of my old highschool friends. To my surprise Andrew was there. We hung out for the night and three years later we are engaged.

n511213183_7361_7493.jpg
n511213183_7380_9618.jpg

The Porposal

Ok before I tell this story I must tell you about Tinkerbell my pet ferret. For my 26th birthday Andrew bought me a ferret who I named Tinkerbell. I love this animal more then anything, she is like my child. I cuddle her, kiss her and treat her as if she was a person.

stuff001.jpg

So on midnight of our 3 year anniversary Andrew came to me with Tinkerbell as he usually does and says take this. I'm like ok whatever and grabbed her. The difference that night compared to the other nights is he continued to sit there and look at me. I lifted Tink up to give her a kiss when I see the ring hanging from here collar. I asked him "what's this?", and he asked me "to make him the luckiest man alive". I of course said yes.

The E-ring

I am so proud to say that my DF picked this out all by himself.

stuff010.jpg

ring008.jpg

Bridal Party

Maid of Honor: Jen (best friend)
Matron of Honor: Trish (best friend since H.S) .... (yes I am having 2 bc I love them both and need all the help I can get!)
Bridesmaid: Bri (Matt's girlfriend)
Bridesmaid:Angie (DF sister)

Best Man: Matt (my other best friend and friend of DF)
Best Man: Wes (friend from work)
Groomsmen: Adrain (friend from H.S)
Groomsmen: Norman (DB brother)

As for a date we are looking at October of 2008, hopefully near the end of the month.

For location we are leaning towards the wedding pavillion. But I have no idea for the reception. We will have approx. 50 or so guests. So any suggestions are welcome

Ok as for colours and flowers this is what I have in mind. A friend of mine had them and I thought they were beautiful. I would like a little more yellow in there though.

n761245477_102683_1732.jpg

I am planning on having 3 or 4 flower girls in my wedding party. I am going to dress them as the Disney princesses.

882071-std.jpg
6319.jpg
5958-std.jpg
5122-std.jpg

Bridal Party

Maid of Honor: Jen (best friend)
Matron of Honor: Trish (best friend from H.S)
Bridesmaid:Angie (DF sister)

Best Man: Wes (friend from work)
Groomsmen: Adrain (friend from H.S) and Norman (DB brother)

As for a date we are looking at October of 2008, hopefully near the end of the month.

For location we are leaning towards the wedding pavillion. But I have no idea for the reception. We will have approx. 50 or so guests. So any suggestions are welcome

Ok as for colours and flowers this is what I have in mind. A friend of mine had them and I thought they were beautiful. I would like a little more yellow in there though.

n761245477_102683_1732.jpg

I am planning on having 3 or 4 flower girls in my wedding party. I am going to dress them as the Disney princesses.

882071-std.jpg
6319.jpg
5958-std.jpg
5122-std.jpg

Oh the princesses will be so cute. Make sure and look at the Disney Store after Halloween, they have them at great prices.

Wedding dresses

I haven't tried any on yet but these are the ones that I have seen so far that I like.

Dress 1
dress4.jpg

Dress 2
dress3.jpg

Dress 3
dress1.jpg

Dress 4
dress2.jpg

Dress 5
dress5.jpg

Dress 6
dress6.jpg

I know that's alot of dresses but I couldn't just choose a couple right now. It's going to be so hard to make a choice. I'm sure once I try them on I will know what looks best on me.

Here are the dresses I have picked for my bridesmaids. I think the first one will be my choice but I won't know until I see my girls try them on.

Dress 1
bmdress10.jpg

Dress 2
bmdress11.jpg

Dress 3
bmdress8.jpg

Dress 4
bmdress9.jpg

Dress 5

BMdress4.jpg

Hiya Tamtab!

Great to see your plans are off to a great start! Can't wait to read more!

Ok here are some invites I was looking at. Not sure which one I like the best. I think I am leaning towards the 1st one but I also really like the 3rd one.

Invite 1
invites.jpg

Invite 2
invites2.jpg

Invite 3
1726015014lr.jpg

Invite 4
KP8111lr.jpg

AH! You put me to shame! I will be having a DFTW a month before you, and so far I can't even decide on the color of my wedding. How pathetic of me.

You're PJ will really help me keep on top of things! Love everything so far.

Congrats on the engagement. Looks like you are getting off to a great start. For the reception site, there are a ton of places you can do it at. Is there a particular theme you are going for with your wedding? That may help in deciding where you have it.

I was going with bridesmiad dress4 untill i got them to try it on and it was not a bridesmaid dressa t all really, nice for a garden party but a bit too marilyn monroe. I'm going for dessy style 2054 for my girls.

Love tinkerbell she is so cute!

AH! You put me to shame! I will be having a DFTW a month before you, and so far I can't even decide on the color of my wedding. How pathetic of me.

You're PJ will really help me keep on top of things! Love everything so far.

I haven't completly decided on colors but I really do love that shade of pink. I might see it on my gilrs though and decide that it looks horrible and have to start over. And trust me you aren't pathetic there are many of things that I know I will never be able to make my mind up on. Haha maybe we can help each other out. :cutie:

Congrats on the engagement. Looks like you are getting off to a great start. For the reception site, there are a ton of places you can do it at. Is there a particular theme you are going for with your wedding? That may help in deciding where you have it.

I sill haven't really decided on a theme yet. It will be Disney themed just don't know if it will be Mickey or Cinderella or a little of everything put together. I'm sure my DF would love it to be at the Living Seas as he is a fish junky but I'm not so sure if I will like that site. :confused3

I was going with bridesmiad dress4 untill i got them to try it on and it was not a bridesmaid dressa t all really, nice for a garden party but a bit too marilyn monroe. I'm going for dessy style 2054 for my girls.

Love tinkerbell she is so cute!

I think I am leaning towards dress 1. Something about that dress just jumps out at me.

And thanks about Tinkerbell .... too bad I couldn't teach here to be my ring bearer. :lmao:

dress 1 from dessy was on my list and I loved that one when my girls tried them on and it was so close between that one and the style I choose!

I have two cats and I'm the same with them, they are my babies and I wish I could have them at the wedding as well but cant fly them to florida from the UK really!

Loves the first invite.....waiting to read more of your PJ.....popcorn:: I love it

The first invite really jumps out at me too and it's something different. I'm curious to see what it looks like in person.

dress 1 from dessy was on my list and I loved that one when my girls tried them on and it was so close between that one and the style I choose!

I just hope I can find a dress similar to the style of dress 1 here in Canada as I really do like it. Might have to start some dress shopping all ready.

tammy:

congrats on the engagement & welcome!!!

What a great proposal story!!& the ring is awesome!!

I love all the dresses...i can see why your having a tough time ...i would to....play dress up while you can!!

The little girls dressed in princess dresses is way cute!!!

I like invite # 1 & the one with mickey carrying minnie

I LOVE the flowers!!!!!! Gerbera daisies are my absolute favorite!!!

Im enjoying your PJ...keep it coming!!!

:goodvibes

there is a website
http://www.shopforbridal.com/Bridesmaid_Dresses_s/3.htm
that sells them and they are really cheap (well compared to here) $149.95 us dollars which in sterling is around £75 and that dress here is £180 which is about $360 us dollars!
I'm not sure what the canadian money is like so not sure if its cheaper but they do ship to the uk so would have thought they ship to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter