tall 2 yr old

Maude4Disney

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had any problem about having to verify the age of your toddler? Our just turned 2 yr old is tall for his age and I'm wondering if we're going to run into a problem...not having a ticket for him or when it comes to eating at any of the buffets. We know he's a big boy and we are always questioned about his age (at DS9's school, church, grocery store, etc.) Should we bring a copy of his birth certificate? If anyone takes the time to watch him and listen to him talk you can tell he's not as mature as a 3 yr old should be. I just don't want to run into any problems. thanks

We took DS then 2 a week before his 3rd b-day. He was also very tall for his age and nearly 3 at the time but we were never questioned. I was also concerned about being questioned but we NEVER had a problem. I did have an ID card the police make in case of emergencies but that was just because we'd been to the county fair and they were making them. In Illinois the police do it frequently at banks, fairs, etc... and it really is a good idea to have one anyways - it has a picture and all important info.

My daughter will be 2 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday when we go. I'm bringing a copy of her birth certificate, nonetheless. If you don't bring it, someone will ask for it.

that would probably have his birthdate on it, and its a good idea to have this when on vacation anyway!! :Pinkbounc

I had the same concern when we were there is february. DS2 is also exceptionally tall. I brought a copy of his birth certificate/ No one ever questioned us :D

Thank you for all the replies. I guess I will just bring a copy of the birth certificate with us. We will also have our insurance card, but I don't recall his b-day being on there. Guess I should look, huh? LOL Have a great Disney Day!

We are also going in May, 1 month shy of our DD 3rd birthday. Mommy being 5'11 & daddy being 6'4, you can imagine how tall our DD is!!!!

Definately bringing the birth certificate.

Our tall DS was 9 on our last trip and I make a reduced size copy of his Birth certificate and put it in DH's bill fold. WE never need it but he was asked at almost every buffet how old he was.Never asked us, always him. I remember that at two he just as often answered 3 or4 to how old he was when asked so i think I would take it. However at 2 his height was in the 5% and now it's in the 95% so the problem is now not then. LOL

Jordan's mom

I agree with taking a copy of the birth certificate. Also there are places that you can go and get a state id from. They are cheap, and come in handy. I know a friend from another BB had to get one for her 4 yr old after 9/11 because she couldnt fly without ID. Im not sure what there policy is now but she was told that she needed an id for everyone or they couldnt fly. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter