Swaps as therapy

Kim1964

<font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d
The past week and half have been pretty lousy around here. I won't get into details, but I've had a lot of negative family stuff going on and I've been pretty down. I'm home alone today, though, so I decided to work on my ABC swap elements. I got a lot done and I feel SO much better....this is the best I've felt in the past 10 days:). I may still have more family stuff to get through, but I feel like I can handle it a little better after working on toppers and photo mats and journal boxes for a little while.

Anybody else find that escaping to your scrap table can brighten your outlook?

Yes!!! I can't tell you how many times I've used crafting as therapy. Actually, finding this section of the DISboards and re-discovering my love of scrapping a few years ago pulled me out of an incredibly rough time. Since then, it's been a constant I can always turn to. At the very least, it's a distraction (because it's hard to think about other things when you're fiddling with tiny little Cricut cuts or tying ribbon). And the deadline aspect of swaps makes it so that I can't just push it to the back-burner, which I might be inclined to do if it was just something for myself.

Sorry things are rough for you now. :hug: Hope they improve soon! I'm glad you're finding some comfort in this though! We're here if you need to talk.

Oh Kim, sorry you are down. I hope things get better soon! :hug:

Are you coming to Lisa's this weekend? I can't come but I will be popping in around 4.

I know what you mean - I have been drawing out the Surprise swap because I don't want to finish to soon because then I would hurry on to the next swap (and then the next), and then I won't having anything to do at night. I recently moved to a new city alone - I spend all my time at school and don't have much of a social life here. So I fill my time with swapping! I look forward to every day getting home (to my empty apartment) to work on my swap stuff. So I hear ya!

Hope things turn around for you soon.

oh sorry to hear that you are down Kim. i know exactly how you feel. i wish i had more time to work on my stuff, but the little time i do have it always seems to make me feel better.
hang in there & keep at it if it makes you feel better.
:hug:
we are here for you!

I completely agree...

The running joke between DH and I is that scrapping is cheaper than therapy (or at least it used to be....:rotfl: )

Sending happy thoughts and a hugs your way...

hug-2.gif

I completely agree. Im going to a swap Fri night so needed to get a few layouts ready. I worked on them for the past few hours and when I was done I almost felt I had my old self back. I could see a glimpse of it, really I could. Had bunion surgery 20 days ago. Its been rough having all the restrictons doc has put on me. I got myself into my scrapbooking and felt much better. I know what I'll be doing the next few weeks

Hope things improve for you.

Love that smiley Tinkerbean:thumbsup2

I absolutely agree, swapping is great therapy. here I am dissing while I work :blush: and all i can think is that once I finish the album for DH's birthday I've got a nice big swap to work on :goodvibes:

I'm working at home so I can see all the stuff the other end of the table......must.....resist.......paper.....calling........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter