Swan/Dolphin; Have Nurses rates not been released for November Yet???

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
When I check rates for November, I'm only getting rack rates. Does anyone know if they just haven't released the discounted rates for November yet, or will there not be any????
I'm eligable for Nurses discount.

Is their a Such thing a as a Nurses Discount

My Mom is a nurse and at some point she will be taking my little brothers and sisters theirs four of them and two adults along with a step brother who may go so they will most likly not stay on property seeing as she would have to split into two rooms but if she could get a discount that may be another story and she has been a nurse for several Years.

Puffy2 said:
When I check rates for November, I'm only getting rack rates. Does anyone know if they just haven't released the discounted rates for November yet, or will there not be any????
I'm eligable for Nurses discount.

We went to the Dolphin last year on the nurses discount. June 4-14. It was great rate $139. This year we wanted to go in May and only 3 days out the whole month was under 200 a night after checking time and again. We did reserve WL ap rate. (we might have done WL anyways to try something new.) Since we got the rate I havent been checking Dolphin that often but today several more date through the month of May, include 5th - 13th were avaiable at $149. So the point is keep checking, maybe even make other arrangement but check back once a week or so.

Yes, the Swan and Dolphin both have a Nurses Rate (same as the teacher's rate) you have to call their 1800 number to book it and there are black out dates. I just can't get anything to come up for November dates. You can even book through the DIS and check the rates on their booking service - just click on a Swan and Dophin banner.

There are three sources I consult for this discount, swandolphin.com, spg.com and Dreams Unlimited. For our Jan. 2005 trip I got 3 days at Swan through DU and 3 at Dolphin via swandolphin.com. The middle 2 days never had the discount so we stayed at AllStar. It seems that these rates are being offered less often and frequently not in blocks of whole weeks.

Bill From PA

I reserved 2 rooms at the Dolphin the middle of January at rack rate for dates the first of December. I was told that no nurse discounts were out yet as it was too far in advance for anything including AAA. I was told to call back periodically to check for discounts. I called last week and was told to call back in a couple of weeks. I will keep trying. So far the rates I have are $249 plus tax and room charge. I stayed at the Dolphin in Feb of 04 and loved it! I will be taking both kids and spouses back this time and wanted them to enjoy the atmosphere as much as I did the last time I was there. If the discounts don't come through we have talked about switching over to the WL as a back up plan. :::keeping fingers crossed:::

I am a nurse. My Apr trip had no Nurse/Teacher rate ( actually there were @ 4 days) so booked AAA. July has many N/T rate days, I booked 6 nites at 149.00. Booked thru spg but the cm had never heard of the nurse rate, well she checked and it was there. If you put in June 1-Aug 20 on the Dis it will show you the nurses dates. The Swan doesn't have any (that I looked for). Good luck. :wave2:

I called today. I'm looking for the first two weekends in November (either one). they didn't have any discounts at all for that time period. They had the ALLEARS discount for Nov. 20 - 26 (Thanksgiving week) for something like $169.50... but I don't want to go when it's packed with people. So I'll wait. Rack rate for a standard room is around $249 or something like that.

My daughter wants to go to AKL anyway, but I think that's too much to pay for that hotel as well. I guess I'll wait for a discount. Or not go at all during that time.

169.50 is a fabulous price for the Swan/Dolphin. If you are going to WDW at that time you might want to take that price.

Is anyone hopeful they will release these nurse discounts for November and can you book directly with the hotel? When do they usually come out. Any info on this would be helpful , thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter