*~Swan and Dolphin Picture thread!~*

I am so excited to see this thread. I am going with dh in just 43 days and staying for the first time at the Swan while he is at a conference. This will be my first time going solo to the parks and I am just so excited :hyper: Keep the pictures coming :thumbsup2

swandolphinbeachsmall.jpg

SwanDolphinBoatLanchSmall.jpg

SwanView.jpg

Great photos, so the only disadvantage of Swan & Dolphin is the fact it does not support Disney's Magical Express-- right???? You get all the other perks of it being a Disney Resort- right?
Do you know if you can request they remove the items from the minibar so you can use the refrigerator for food for a special needs child? My son has ASD & has a very limited diet of food he will eat.
We are staying at WL in Dec 2008, but I have always thought the Swan & Dolphin were very pretty/cozy looking resorts, but I sure do enjoy the advantages of the DME. :santa: :santa: :santa:

Mousetriper, they no longer have the Swan boats, but do have some other small boats to rent. I don't have any Christmas pictures, but I know I have seen a few in the Photos part of the Dis.
Here is one more of mine of the room
46294swanroom_600_x_450_.jpg

Laura - Bob & Dana rode them this past June.... are they no longer available?
DSCN2077.jpg

Aww that is a bummer they no longer have those swan boats!!! They looked like fun!!

I have downloaded hundreds of awesome S/D photos since 2003, and as beautiful as all the Disney-owned resorts are, there are none more "photogenic" than the S/D!

For now, I'll only post pics I've taken, but I may live dangerously and post other people's photos, too.

Here's one I took:
197593772_8abb393306_b.jpg

I have downloaded hundreds of awesome S/D photos since 2003, and as beautiful as all the Disney-owned resorts are, there are none more "photogenic" than the S/D!

For now, I'll only post pics I've taken, but I may live dangerously and post other people's photos, too.

Here's one I took:
197593772_8abb393306_b.jpg

Thanks for all the pictures....I really like the composition of this one!!! Very nice!!!

Great photos, so the only disadvantage of Swan & Dolphin is the fact it does not support Disney's Magical Express-- right???? You get all the other perks of it being a Disney Resort- right?
Do you know if you can request they remove the items from the minibar so you can use the refrigerator for food for a special needs child? My son has ASD & has a very limited diet of food he will eat.
We are staying at WL in Dec 2008, but I have always thought the Swan & Dolphin were very pretty/cozy looking resorts, but I sure do enjoy the advantages of the DME. :santa: :santa: :santa:

Hi DisneyNDecember

Thanks for the photo comment. :thumbsup2

As far as I know you cannot participate in the DME and also the dining plan. The S/D has some awesome restaurants but unfortunately they are not included in the DDP. Also you cannot charge things in the parks to your hotel room. Other than that there's not much difference.

Andy

OK, I can add some random shots that haven't been represented

The Dolphin elevator
712100_0125-med.JPG

fountain at 2 am after Epcot EMH, and 4 hours prior to needing to leave for the airport to go home !!!!!
712100_0221-med.JPG

view from our dolphin jr Suite on the 10th floor
712100_0124-med.JPG

"hanging around" waiting for a bus at the Dolphin bus station
712100_0126-med.JPG

PS, I love everyones photos ! Makes me excited to be there in May (even if I am missing Dan by 4 days)

What a great idea!!! Awesome pictures everyone, thanks!!!!!

Lotta visits and pics but I think I need my DD(10) to show me how to upload / post them.

Signed - (old) Disney Dad

Love the pictures, we are going to the Swan for 2 nights the end of July then transfering to OKW. I can't wait. I just love the location.:dance3:

Sorry I missed your question about the fridge.

I think this is a grey area with the S/D. When we went in 2005 with our DD1.5 she was allergic to pretty much everything but sawdust. So I originally phoned the Dolphin directly and requested to have a fridge as I heard you can get a fridge at no cost for medical reasons. When I talked to the person at the front desk she told me that they don't do that any more and I'd have to pay $12 a day for a fridge. She was kind of rude and perhaps a bad time in the day for her. I called back the next day or that night (I can't remember exactly) as I wanted to talk to someone else about it. I asked for the manager on duty. She came on and was very nice and friendly. I explained about my DD needing a special diet and she said there was no problem and she'd have a (free) fridge ready in our room when we would arrive. Excellent customer service I thought and when we got there the fridge was set up with no issues at all. :thumbsup2

Andy

Subscribing. I've never stayed here before and staying at Dolphin in Sept! This thread has me all excited to go there now!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter