SW pricing

old feller

DIS Veteran
In the last couple years what kind of prices are people getting for a one-way ticket from MCO to BWI in september

I will say my experience is that 2024 SW prices cannot be compared to previous years. Our Aug trip (BUF-MCO) was initially more than 3x what I paid in 2022 or 2023.

Thankfully flights have come down a number of times so we’re sitting on substantial travel funds but prices are still up about 50% from previous years.

I've got some for September this year that were $180. In the past few years that's been pretty typical for my MCO to BWI legs.
I just booked November and that was $440, which nearly knocked me out of my chair, but we already made plans so I'm stuck with it.
they have 130 nonstop flights...for our dates anyway...sept 7 - 14

Just checked on my account and I paid $200 for a Business Select fare in mid September last year (not counting taxes and additional fees).

I'm flying down next week for Springtime Surprise race weekend and took the same flight from the same airport as last year(Louisville/Orlando RT). The price paid is exactly the same to the penny, $197.20 RT.

We usually fly out of BWI but the last 2 trips the prices are way cheaper flying out of DCA and it’s only 30 mins south. We are flying over Memorial Day and got RT for under $200

Flying out of DCA (6 AM flight) in Sept (weekday) and home Oct 1 mid-afternoon - $99 each way. Both non-stop

Flights out of BWI for similar times are $115 each way (non-stops)

It's super easy to check on the SW website!

Last edited:
SW has a 25% off sale for point flights this summer, but seems like availability is slim

I will say my experience is that 2024 SW prices cannot be compared to previous years. Our Aug trip (BUF-MCO) was initially more than 3x what I paid in 2022 or 2023.

Thankfully flights have come down a number of times so we’re sitting on substantial travel funds but prices are still up about 50% from previous years.
This is what we are seeing as well. For the first time in all of my history of going to Disney it makes more sense for our family to fly out of Pearson than Buffalo .

Thats saying something because I vastly prefer Buffalo airport and it’s an hour further to Pearson. With free bags ( westjet card) and seat selection were going over Canadian Thanksgiving for $1400 for four people . I couldn’t even come close to that for the same dates in Buffalo .

This Jan we actually paid a bit less then jan of2023
This yr after 2 price adjustments we paid 93$ PP RT.
Past years its 99$ was the best we coukd do
This was from MKE to MCO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter