• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SW flight dates have been extended!

I forgot that flights are more expensive around the holidays! I'm happy to have grabbed flights this morning. I doubt they will go down but I'll keep an eye on them! Week before I travel, $88 one way. Week I travel $142 was about the cheapest one way.

Our flight from PVD to MCO went from about $160 to $337 in a matter of hours... Yes, I know that sometime between now and 12/1 it will probably fall below the $160 I paid.... but I'm content with the $160 and not having to chase the prices every day... return flight was $112 !!!

Oh yes, these prices include the early bird seating on both trips...

So, another item checked off the list... Now to get ready for our FP+ window to open... You really have to work foe a vacation at Disney!

I bought my tickets from MHT to MCO for $149 each way and they are about what I expected, so I'm ok with them. I wish Providence was a little closer to us.

I just looked at Boston and they are $80 cheaper! darn. The times I have are better and we are closer to use MHT, I just have to keep telling myself that.

Last edited:

Got ours for Dec 5-12 right at 7:50. PVD to MCO for $112 each way on nonstops. Total for the 4 of us, including early bird, is $1015! I’m happy with that!

Booked ours from PHL 11/10-11/18 $272/person RT non-stop flights. Going was $164 and coming home $108 and I just checked again and our flight home already went up to $184!! This is why I book as soon as they release them. Checked Spirit as well since they just released theirs and it was $70 going and $320 going home and that doesn't even include all of the fees. Sheesh!!!!!

I bought my tickets from MHT to MCO for $149 each way and they are about what I expected, so I'm ok with them. I wish Providence was a little closer to us.

I just looked at Boston and they are $80 cheaper! darn. The times I have are better and we are closer to use MHT, I just have to keep telling myself that.
That is GOOD for MHT. My return flight was $247 from MCO to MHT. Booked it anyways because didn't really have a choice. Then looked at Boston and was MUCH less but by the time I decided, Boston skyrocketed so I just kept MHT. It's the HIGHEST I've EVER paid for a flight on SWA. My flight down is $149......

Got ours for Dec 5-12 right at 7:50. PVD to MCO for $112 each way on nonstops. Total for the 4 of us, including early bird, is $1015! I’m happy with that!
Booked mine for Dec. 5-12 also, but mine are from Nashville! Ours were only $99 each way. Very happy with those prices. We used to live in southern MA and always flew out of PVD.

No non-stops from Orlando to Grand Rapids for the day we need to fly. Grrrr. Still, we found a great return time, 5:25 pm. Hopefully the price will go down because I'm not thrilled with paying over $200.

I forgot that flights are more expensive around the holidays! I'm happy to have grabbed flights this morning. I doubt they will go down but I'll keep an eye on them! Week before I travel, $88 one way. Week I travel $142 was about the cheapest one way.

Going for our 9th Christmas trip... they go down, trust me. You'll need to keep an eye out and keep checking, but they'll go down. In case you don't know, SW will give you a voucher for the difference if you find a cheaper flight.

Let's say I booked 12/24 at $217. I log on in 2 months and it's down to $187... I can log in and "change" my flight, select the exact same flight and it'll give you a voucher for the difference.

Managed to book PIT-MCO Nov 29-Dec 4 for around 1000 for 5 people. Was very happy, especially since we had vouchers from the time that Southwest delayed our flight more than 3 hours. Ended up only paying around $350 out of pocket. Had to add two nights though, since Friday and Monday flights were way higher than we wanted to pay.

Does SW ever add more seats to the Wanna Get Away Fares?

Looking at Providence to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise in early December.

Going for our 9th Christmas trip... they go down, trust me. You'll need to keep an eye out and keep checking, but they'll go down. In case you don't know, SW will give you a voucher for the difference if you find a cheaper flight.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it. I booked immediately because I know I can change flights. I also booked with points, so easy to get back if prices go down. I even wrote the points used in my phone so it's easy to see if flights get cheaper!

Does SW ever add more seats to the Wanna Get Away Fares?

Looking at Providence to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise in early December.

Yes, they release them in buckets. If Wanna Get Way is sold out, keep checking and they most likely will add more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter