Surprise Swap ----complete!!!!

I like this surprise scrap idea, especially the part about using up our single pieces of paper and miscellaneous scraps. Thanks for putting this swap together with the encouragement to shop from our homes first before going out and buying something new. I have so many scraps to use and I'm sure I could make a few things with them, especially since we don't have to make identical sets. That makes it much easier to design items. Now I just have to decide what groups to join. So many to choose from! :earsboy:

I like this surprise scrap idea, especially the part about using up our single pieces of paper and miscellaneous scraps. Thanks for putting this swap together with the encouragement to shop from our homes first before going out and buying something new. I have so many scraps to use and I'm sure I could make a few things with them, especially since we don't have to make identical sets. That makes it much easier to design items. Now I just have to decide what groups to join. So many to choose from! :earsboy:

:hug: Thanks!! I am glad you are interested!! It will be a fun one! Using up those random single sheets and scraps is perfect now with the need to holiday shop...not as much spare cash for swaps / scrapping. So, this way we can still swap and save money at the same time! Who doesn't have those just lying around and nothing to do with them!!?? You have a couple of weeks to get your groups picked!

Oooooooohhhhhhh....Great Honeymoon!!!!!!! I'll come and be your Nanny!!! When is the honeymoon...in April?? That will break up your away time...right in the middle!

Yeah that's what we're aiming for I wont be 100% sure until he gets overseas and puts the time off request in.

Surina, what a wonderful honeymoon....will be worth the wait! my honeymoon was 14 months after our wedding.

Im surprised I get a honeymoon at all. We could spend a weekend in motel 6 in Flagstaff for all I care I just want to spend time together with/out a DD and my mom.

I've actually got 2 US mail boxes full of swap stuff in the ziplocks - plus the drawer (or two) of Disney stuff....

Surina, I hope I get to play Tourguide Mazda for the London leg:thumbsup2 I don't know how well you and DH know London but if you have an idea of what you want to see then I can help you plan it out without zig-zagging all over! Arizona Rita will give me a reference:rolleyes1;)

Yes I was hoping to meet up with you when we come to London I thought I pm'd you. We are big Tudor's fan's and I was looking at some of the hotels and I have to say England has some of the nicest Holiday Inn's I've ever seen!!! I'm really interested in the Camden and Notting Hill area's I like to stay in more residential areas as opposed to Downtown area's And you will get Meals and treats and I'll bring you a scrapbook good bag for your time!!!
I'm not above bribery :thumbsup2

You did pm me but every time I tried to reply the boards were down:headache: I don't know north London very well, but where I live is very close to Eltham Palace, which is where Henry VIII lived as a young boy. Hampton Court is going to be high on your list as well - you can get a boat down, just like the Tudors did! - and the Tower of London;)

Can the Swap Goddess add her 2 cents?

I would suggest ditching the full pages, the main point of the surprise swap is to use up those random bits and pieces of stickers, embellies, and paper. A full page would defeat the purpose cause there are crazy people out there like me who has to have every page I do be exactly the same. Bad, I know! LOL

And I'd probably get rid if the kids general group, the very last group. I think just about everything else could be used for kids.
Sorry, misread that. A group for the kids to swap is fine. I would leave it general colors, music, any main stream media type stuff.

Oh and DH has friends that live in Notting Hill Gate. Love it there!!!!

I so wish we had moved to England when we had the chance, but I wanted DD to born here since all my medical stuff had been done here.
DH is looking into a move to Isle of Man.

I hope we keep the kids group, Megan is so excited for it!!! plus that way they have their own "stash" to use!

Can the Swap Goddess add her 2 cents?

I would suggest ditching the full pages, the main point of the surprise swap is to use up those random bits and pieces of stickers, embellies, and paper. A full page would defeat the purpose cause there are crazy people out there like me who has to have every page I do be exactly the same. Bad, I know! LOL

Couldn't we just use the same page sketch and different paper? That's kinda what I was thinking. That way I could use up some of my single sheets as mats etc for a page?

yes, you could.

I'll leave it up to the hostess, just trying to throw some ideas out there to keep this swap small and easy. :thumbsup2

yes, you could.

I'll leave it up to the hostess, just trying to throw some ideas out there to keep this swap small and easy. :thumbsup2

The page group is under the grab bag section...so you can sign up for as little as one page. A couple of swappers expressed the desire to use up some random single sheets. Of course, everything will be based on interest once the sign ups are going on...if there are groups not filling, they will be dropped. I definitely want people to dig into current supplies and not buy too much...if anything!! Thanks for the help BAMB!!

I am addicted to swaps. I am in a lot of on-line swaps and host numerous swaps as well, but I haven't joined one yet on the disboards. I am not used to sign-ups like this when they open at a certain date/time. It always seems most spots I would want, are taken by the time I get off work. I might try to join this one for a first disboard swap. I will keep my fingers crossed some spots are opened when I get home from work on the 5th. We are planning on going to DL this summer and I could use some general disney stuff. (not really, I have enough- I just want more LOL). Hope to swap with you guys. :)

I am addicted to swaps. I am in a lot of on-line swaps and host numerous swaps as well, but I haven't joined one yet on the disboards. I am not used to sign-ups like this when they open at a certain date/time. It always seems most spots I would want, are taken by the time I get off work. I might try to join this one for a first disboard swap. I will keep my fingers crossed some spots are opened when I get home from work on the 5th. We are planning on going to DL this summer and I could use some general disney stuff. (not really, I have enough- I just want more LOL). Hope to swap with you guys. :)

Welcome!!!! If you want to sign up that morning instead of waiting, you can pm me your requests and I can get a buddy for you. I'm sure someone would be more than willing to help you out! This one is a bit easier as far as signing up later in the day...since everything is kind of blind, it's just a matter of filling a slot. Anyway, let me know if you want a buddy or just want to wait and do it yourself!! And, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask away! Someone will definitely have an answer and be more than willing to help you out! There is an awesome group on here! The work you will get back is AMAZING and the friendships aren't too shabby, either! :grouphug: This is the only place I have swapped, but I am assumming it is fairly standard. But, like I said, if you have questions, please ask!

DH is looking into a move to Isle of Man.

Wow - how interesting!! I've never been there - I know its in the middle of the Irish sea, between England and Northern Ireland, so its quite windy and wet. And I'm not sure about availability of scrap supplies:rolleyes1:rotfl: Its probably easier to get to London from your current location;)

Erin, did you ever decide on what the kids group #11 will be making? Megan is super excited to try this out!

I think because there is a good amount of time before the due date and they have a good long holiday break in there, we will do mini kits. I guess it will be a mat, box, topper and 1 other element. They can either be grab bag or per swapper group. We can maybe decide that when we know how many junior swappers we have. I am going to change those things later this week on the sign ups...there are some other updates for the page goup, etc. Nothing is major, just final decisions on how / what we will be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter