Surprise, Honey! You're Taking Me to WDW! (6/10) Coming Soon, to a DISboard Near You!

Wow! So hear you......what do you think kept me off the boards for one full year? The No Trip Blues is a treatable, non-chronic yet disabling condition. Symptoms are deleting emails from Disney, Passporter and the like as well as putting away all Disney cds and dvds away and keeping photos from last trip in the computer instead of preserving in an album. Other symptoms include piling up Disney Files, cringing when recording DVC dues being deducted from your checking account, stalling on posting TR installments and worst of all, forgetting your DISboards password.

I hope that this plan will be just the tonic you need to keep your NTB at bay and get your heart back to a regular Disney beat.;)

Hi Kathy,

I hope the trip does happen, sounds like you need a trip. Will be following along to see how it plays out but I hope you go.

I think this one's destined for a touch of drama, kathy!!

Ha! Ready to roll with you!

I swear to keep this secret on my Hidden Mickey book!

I mean the kids Hidden Mickey Book.

Which apparently has hidden Goofy's and all kinds of other magic in there :thumbsup2

I can completely relate to your situation. Vacation travel planning in general, but Disney in particular, is what keeps me going year round and without it I feel rudderless. We've had a couple of tight years as well and I know how hard it is.

What a magical, brilliant, perfect plan. Your secret is safe with me (says she who still hopes, somehow, to pull of her own birthday Disney Cruise...)

Wow! So hear you......what do you think kept me off the boards for one full year? The No Trip Blues is a treatable, non-chronic yet disabling condition. Symptoms are deleting emails from Disney, Passporter and the like as well as putting away all Disney cds and dvds away and keeping photos from last trip in the computer instead of preserving in an album. Other symptoms include piling up Disney Files, cringing when recording DVC dues being deducted from your checking account, stalling on posting TR installments and worst of all, forgetting your DISboards password.

I hope that this plan will be just the tonic you need to keep your NTB at bay and get your heart back to a regular Disney beat.;)

I have ALL of those symptoms!!
We need a support group... :grouphug:

Hi Kathy,

I hope the trip does happen, sounds like you need a trip. Will be following along to see how it plays out but I hope you go.

Thanks, Scott! :hug:

I think this one's destined for a touch of drama, kathy!!

Ha! Ready to roll with you!

I'm so glad... I need to surround myself with folks who "know the feeling" I'm talking about!

I swear to keep this secret on my Hidden Mickey book!

I mean the kids Hidden Mickey Book.

Which apparently has hidden Goofy's and all kinds of other magic in there :thumbsup2

I can completely relate to your situation. Vacation travel planning in general, but Disney in particular, is what keeps me going year round and without it I feel rudderless. We've had a couple of tight years as well and I know how hard it is.

What a magical, brilliant, perfect plan. Your secret is safe with me (says she who still hopes, somehow, to pull of her own birthday Disney Cruise...)

Oooh, do tell! Bahamas? Europe? Alaska, maybe? :cloud9:

Kathy

"I do solemnly swear, to the best of my ability, to endeavor to keep the details of this surprise trip a secret from Ed." :goodvibes

Kathy! I was so happy to see your PM! My first thought was, "No way... she did it!" I completely understand your Disney blues. Even though we have a Christmas trip seven months away, this will be our last trip for three years :sad: and it's already making me sad.

Fingers crossed this comes together for you and I have a sneaky suspicion I've heard you mention what resort you'd like to go to.....

"I do solemnly swear, to the best of my ability, to endeavor to keep the details of this surprise trip a secret from Ed." :goodvibes

Kathy! I was so happy to see your PM! My first thought was, "No way... she did it!" I completely understand your Disney blues. Even though we have a Christmas trip seven months away, this will be our last trip for three years :sad: and it's already making me sad.

Fingers crossed this comes together for you and I have a sneaky suspicion I've heard you mention what resort you'd like to go to.....

Your oath has been duly recorded... welcome aboard!!

I can't slip anything past you guys, can I? :lmao:

How are the December plans coming along?

Kathy

How are the December plans coming along?

Slowly but surely. Lots of lists and mental notes on the go..... I'm anxiously awaiting December's park hours to come out and then it will be full steam ahead. :thumbsup2 Then I can get going with a PTR too!

Slowly but surely. Lots of lists and mental notes on the go..... I'm anxiously awaiting December's park hours to come out and then it will be full steam ahead. :thumbsup2 Then I can get going with a PTR too!

Who needs park hours? :confused3 Go ahead and start that PTR!!!

Kathy

Chapter Two: Resorts! Resorts! Resorts!

As I mentioned in Chapter One, we have been DVC members since 2005. If you are not familiar with DVC, the basic premise is that you purchase a contract for so many vacation points to use in a given year. You purchase your contract at one of the DVC Resorts and that becomes your "Home" resort. You can use your points to stay at any resort on property, but there's a slight catch...

Members have what is known as Home Resort Privileges... meaning, you can make your resort ressie 11 months in advance at your home resort, which is four months earlier than you can at the other resorts. Essentially, it gives you "first crack" at getting a ressie at your own resort.

We happen to own at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. We stayed there once on our first DVC vacation and my impression was... meh. It was certainly lovely to be located within walking/boating distance of Downtown Disney, but now that Pleasure Island is a ghost town it really loses points with me. In any case, I love trying new resorts anyway! I hope we eventually get to try them all...

So far we've tried SSR, Old Key West(x2), Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and VAKL-Kidani Village. The only two for which we have never quite been able to snag ressies are Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas.

My first inclination was to request a Studio at either of these... just to try something new... but at 5 1/2 months, I was already coming into the game rather late. Remember, the first weekend in October kicks off the insanely popular Food & Wine Festival, making the Epcot-area resorts prime pieces of real estate. So... it was no big surprise that there was no availability at either BCV or BWV...

We had recently stayed at VAKL-Kidani, so I put that toward the bottom of my list (even though I loved it!) Old Key West also got pushed down the list because that's where we plan to stay for our family vacation next year.

That leaves... Saratoga Springs and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Between the two I think VWL is, hands down, far and away the more romantic! And so, in keeping with the "Couple's Getaway" theme, I chose...

:lovestruc Villas at Wilderness Lodge!! :lovestruc

IMGP3135.jpg

IMGP3106.jpg

IMGP2801.jpg

IMGP2818.jpg

IMGP2797.jpg

IMGP1603.jpg

IMGP2809.jpg

IMGP2810.jpg

IMGP2804.jpg

IMGP3134.jpg

Although I originally put myself on a waitlist for a Studio at Boardwalk Villas, I'm thinking of cancelling it. I'm really beginning to love the thought of staying on Bay Lake, just a short boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom! :cloud9:

Kathy

Yes! Yes! Yes!! It IS the perfect place for you and Ed to get away for a couples trip! I whole-heartedly agree that you made the best choice!

Wilderness Lodge sounds perfect!! We visited briefly last year when we went to WCC for dinner & I thought it was amazing. Great choice! :thumbsup2

Wow! A secret trip! Thanks for including me. I've been pre-planning a couples only WDW trip for me and DH as well. I KNOW were going to take it. The qestion is when. DH thinks our tenth anniversary would be the best time. I think our tenth anniversary is over TWO years away. I've been trying to come up with a way to "surprise" DH with a closer trip so this is right up my alley. Can't wait to hear more.

You were right, I do love your choice of VWL!!!

That is definitely my "happy place." You and Ed will have a wonderful weekend there :goodvibes.

Yay! Sounds like a fun trip in the works. I really wanted to go back to Disney this year, but with finding out we are expecting it's been postponed till next year. Every so often I wonder if I could make a trip work. Oh well I will have to live through your fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter