Surgery today for luvmarypoppins. Update Post 7

mommasita

DIS VETERAN
I was reading on another thread that today is her surgery. I will keep her in my prayers, and just wanted to pass that on for those who wanted to do the same. :grouphug:

Prayers said and will continue.

Thank you mommasita!

This is an update posted on the other thread:
Originally Posted by Tuffcookie View Post
I just got a call from luvmarypoppin's DH.

Here is the condensed version:

She had a very tough night at the hospital. During surgery she started hemmoraging real bad. She was given 4 units of blood.

They were able to figure out the problem and fix it.

She is currently on a ventilator and is sedated.

She had the tumor removed along with her thyroid, lymph nodes, and anything else the doctor's saw as suspect.

She will probably be in the hospital for a week.

They will know more about the biopsied tissue in about 3 days.

Continue to keep our dear luvmarypoppins in your prayers!

TC

Thanks for updating us Mommasita... I have to try and remember what her diagnosis was... I will keep her in my prayers.. God bless her.

I was thinking about her today and came and read this thread. Many more prayers going out to her.

Another UPDATE

Smile I got another call from luvmarypoppin's DH!
She is doing much better today.

She had surgery Thursday to remove a tumor on her thyroid. Yesterday her DH told me she started hemmoraging real bad and had to receive 4 units of blood. She was on a respirator all day yesterday.

Today I received another call. She actually received 6 units total of blood, but the good news is she is off the respirator! The doctors are pleased with her progress enough to let her go home earlier than planned.

Her DH told me to be sure to thank all of you DISers who have kept luvmarypoppins in your prayers. They worked!

Please continue to keep her in your prayers that the biopsy results, which should be in early next week, are favorable.

TC

Wow.... thyroid surgery is usually one of the easier ones to have done.. it can be tricky though as there are so many nerves and veins in that area... I speak from having dealt with this with one of my daughters, it was not an easy recovery as I remember too, but she is 10 years clean.. thank God..

I am keeping her in my prayers.... I hope she is back with us soon.

:wave2: Thanks for all your prayers. Once again I am Gods walking miracle and he has healed me. Yes, I was at the brink of death. I even asked if I was dying. I just saw the one doctor look at me. That was a female. The other guys were great and I did everything they said. The surgeon who saved my life, not my original guy who did my lst 2 surgeries, this new guy I
was his lst surgery at 4 am and he couldnt find the operating room. :rotfl2:

3 operations in 12 hours is alot!!
I have a giant drain sticking out of my neck, stil intense pain in my jaw, weird as its the same pain I had before he took all the cancerous stuff out. I only have 45 pain pills, so I am rationing them, Thank heavens I had 3 kids and no epidurals. The dr. did say the cancer was in 3 lymph nodes that he saw. I think we saw 1 on the pet scan. Now again, they think its type1 or 2 of cancer but again, they are still looking at it as they have never seen anything like this before etc. etc. I heard all the surgeons were talking about me and what went on the or as they never saw anything like that before either, its gross, so I dont know how much I should type.

But God is Good, Good all the time, You are all in my thoughts and prayers too and what you all have to go through as familys, individuals etc. My faith brings me great strength and comfort,. I dont know where I would be without it.

I was so happy you popped in. I wish you some pain free days to come honey. Rest up and we are all continously praying for you. :grouphug:

Wishing for a speedy recovery for you. My DH went through thyroid cancer surgery a little over a year ago and it's a long road getting all situated with the meds after. He's doing well now and hope the very same for you.

Wishing for a speedy recovery for you. My DH went through thyroid cancer surgery a little over a year ago and it's a long road getting all situated with the meds after. He's doing well now and hope the very same for you.

Is isttoo personal, or can I ask which type?

I am going to share what type my daughter had with you.. It was papillary carcinoma of the thyroid and they removed her thyroid at the age of 23, she drank radioactive iodine to kill any cells that were floating around, and she is scanned yearly. She sees an endo every 6 months and is on thyroid medicine forever. It was not an easy recovery as her cancer had metasasized to a lymph node in her neck....so not discovered originally in thyroid. 10 years later, no reoccurences and she is doing well.

Hugs to you.. I hope you do better each day. I hate that you said you have to ration out your pain pills....that makes me insane. If you are in pain from this surgery which sounds to me like it was intense, you take those pills and then call the doctor if you need more. Shame on them making you feel like you have to ration your pain pills..
(rant over)

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery and hopefully. total recovery from the cancer as well. I'll keep you in my prayers!::yes::

Hugs and prayers to you for a continued recovery...thank you for sharing so much of your journey...:grouphug:

:wave2: Just saying hi to everyone and hoping everyone is doing as well as can be expected Keep fighting!! I will keep praying for everyone. Well I am not rationing the pain pills. The np said they wil give me more since I had like 3 surgeries. I had to take it last night. I dont sleep well in the bed, better in a recliner right now. My tumor was 12 centimeters I think. Its stage 4 I think too since it spread, its papiliary but the pathologists again say they have never seen anything like this before, still rare etc. Next week I am going to the radiation oncologist and guess what, the person who called me from the office, I dont know what her eact role is, nurse etc. said, I knew it was YOU when I saw your name. I was the class mom for her son back in middle ds elementary school days. We talked alot!! She is a messianic jewish believer, this is not my religion and I have read this whole nurse thing on the CB board. Sorry, but I do believe in the power of prayer, no matter Who is praying for me and no matter what religion it is etc. I read this oncologist has written a chaper in a book about thyroid carcinoma. I just dont want her to put me in the chaper since mine is so rare., I think she will have to think outside the box so to speak etc. We will see what happens next week.

I'm keeping you in my prayers! Glad to see you back! :)

Two things made me happy in this update by luvmarypoppins.. one that she does not have to ration out pain pills after what she has gone through. and two that it was papillary... it is an easier form of thyroid cancer to treat. You are doing great, follow the doctors orders, do what you have to do to get healthy.....

Hugs..

Keep praying. I am draining too much. So the drain cant come out. I got mad at oldest ds last night so this was a very bad thing drainwwise. The endocronologist callled me. She wants to see me on monday and she mentioned the words, "treatable" but "agressive". I don't know if she was referring to the"rare" part of this cancer that everyone is talking about as being "agressive", maybe dh can ask the surgeon that tomm when he calls in the drain count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter