Super Busy after Irma and Crowd Tracker Accuracy

Will be interesting to see - I am guessing that most people did not reschedule it just a week out and that next week wont be so bad, especially since things were expected to be so much worse in the Orlando area.
Add in the slight possibility of Jose being right behind Irma as well and I suspect people put it off longer to make sure things were back to normal

Once we get into the following week and October - yes I think there will be higher than normal attendance.

Wonder how the crowds will be in the parks today now that WDW reopens.

Will they be like in the summer months or will they stay roughly the same.

Some residents will visit others would need to clean up after Irma.

Any insights?

TIA

I tend to agree with @tony67. Even though we had the ability to just slide our trip back by two days, I think we are in the minority. I read many posters who were trying to reschedule for free dining, pushing it back late enough to have a chance at getting new ADRs, or canceling altogether (very sad). I took a peak at FP availability for this weekend and beginning of next week, and except for 7DMT, BTMRR, and FOP, plenty of times were available. (As an aside, I think BTMRR is tough to get because Splash is down.)

I've been on a waitlist for three months--just trying to add one night onto our October trip at OKW. (Oct. 26th) I'm very doubtful that it will happen; that is just another sign of busy parks!

Last edited:
I tend to agree with @tony67. Even though we had the ability to just slide our trip back by two days, I think we are in the minority. I read many posters who were trying to reschedule for free dining, pushing it back late enough to have a chance at getting new ADRs, or canceling altogether (very sad). I took a peak at FP availability for this weekend and beginning of next week, and except for 7DMT, BTMRR, and FOP, plenty of times were available. (As an aside, I think BTMRR is tough to get because Splash is down.)
And those guests would have to skip over Oct as it was excluded from free dining. And Oct was excluded from free dining because it's got plenty of guests coming without incentive

But yeah, aside from those FP, that's pretty much what you can always find just a few days out. FP aren't near as hard to come by as folks tend to think they are. You won't get your pick of times but they are there

And those guests would have to skip over Oct as it was excluded from free dining. And Oct was excluded from free dining because it's got plenty of guests coming without incentive

But yeah, aside from those FP, that's pretty much what you can always find just a few days out. FP aren't near as hard to come by as folks tend to think they are. You won't get your pick of times but they are there
On top of that how accurate is the current fast pass availability for the next week or two - with cancellation and such.

I am not overly enthused with Disney IT and I wonder with all the canceling and rescheduling this week just how accurate any of that is

On top of that how accurate is the current fast pass availability for the next week or two - with cancellation and such.

I am not overly enthused with Disney IT and I wonder with all the canceling and rescheduling this week just how accurate any of that is
Yeah, if folks still had tickets then their FP didn't cancel and if they didn't manually cancel them then there are likely to be unused FP for certain. But since they are still in folks accounts they won't be put back in the "pool".
They should just mean fewer FP returners which should mean more stand by riders, per hour. At least in theory.

I would be kind of surprised honestly if many people were able to push their vacations back by a week or 2. If your job/school/life is flexible, then yes, but many people have to request time off months in advance and they can't just suddenly decide last minute to move that date by 2 weeks. I am going Sept 23-30 though, so I'll find out for myself!

We are going 10/3-10/7 - booked it just a few weeks ago bc Pop was available for $100/night with escape offer and air on jetblue was $49 each way. I'm just happy to be going to WDW bc I didn't think we'd get to go this year. I've been before after a hurricane and it was a little busier. I'm not scared of crazy crowds like Easter or anything. Not worried- we'll just go with the flow. We've been plenty of times and I'm pregnant so I can't go on most of the big rides anyways. Just give me some le cellier cheddar cheese soup and i'll be happy lol

We are headed to "The World" October 5-17. I'm guessing it's going to be busier than usual. On the bright sided, we have all of the Fast Passes I was looking for except Na'vi River, and that one I'm willing to wait for. A crowded day in WDW is better than a work day anytime!!!
The FP you really want is FOP ..

If you look at the MDE app today and see that the crowds are way down, 40 mins for Seven Dwarfs and Soarin is unheard of so I would say as of today the crowds are low.

Those were my original dates (18 to 22) for the same reason. I'm bracing for a very crowded week.

I'm another one that had originally booked that week (16-23). I'm pretty bummed about the projected higher crowds. But I'm also looking at it as we lucked out not having to scramble and change our dates last minute, plus at least in my case, since I booked all my dining and fastpasses 180 and 60 days out, I already have everything I wanted locked in.

Correct we were not able to "start" our reservation in Oct because it was black out for free dining. Guest Services said I had to check in Sept 30th or push it to the November dates.

Here come the crowds :duck:

But hey, we're at Disney so we will make the best out of it. I think i will switch our Epcot day from Sunday to Thursday to avoid weekend food and wine crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter