Summer Cruising Question

joyful

Earning My Ears
I need all of you cruising veterans to help me out here. I'm thinking of doing either the 4 night or the 7 night Western carib. in mid-late July.

I know that this is technically hurricane season but would like to know what peoples experiences were with the seas at this time?

I get myself so worked up over the fear of motion sickness. We just did the 3 day in December and while much of our time is docked in some Port, I will say the first night we left Port Canaveral had me a tad bit queasy.

So everyone, what do you think about cruising in the summer months?

Any input is appreciated.

Joy

Although Hurricane Season is officially from June 1 to November 30, the peak of activity seems to be from mid-August to mid-October.

We have sailed every year since 1998 in the heart of hurricane season and have had uncanny luck...one year, we sailed the week right between two of them!!! You may notice rougher waters, but hopefully not too bad. It's common to be queasy the first night due to the gulf stream. We have two more cruises booked in hurricane season in 2002. If there is any danger, Disney will change the itinerary. Also, I've heard that if the seasickness pills don't work, there is a shot you can get from the medical center (the pills are free but the shot costs extra...probably well worth it).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We sailed 7/14 - calm waters, gorgeous weather, one little drizzle. It really was a fantastic time to visit the islands - it wasn't unbearably hot, but very tropical! No signs of any hurricane activity!:cool:

We live w/ hurricane season every year down here, and I pretty much ignore it until around sept.

My family will also be cruising on the July 27, 2002 Magic. Until then I will be praying that there are no hurricane complications.

Duges, maybe I'll see you on board. :)

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

:earsgirl:

See you on board!! We are also cruising July 27, 2002!
We sailed the same time in 2000 and had no weather problems what-so-ever!:)

We have sailed DCL three times already in July. All three times we had great weather and calm seas!!! We went the 1st, 2nd, and 4th weeks of July.

MJ

We've sailed the last part of July at least 10 times. We've never had a problem with weather. Seas are calm, weather is hot but there's a great breeze when the ship is moving. A couple of times we've had rain at castaway cay but it never stopped us from enjoying the day. A rainy day at castaway cay is better than a sunny day at work!

We usually cruise in July or August and while we have had some impact from hurricanes, mostly in August, it wasn't anything that ruined the cruise. Adjustments were made to the itineraries that worked out just fine. I don't remember those cruises being overly rocky as we sailed to avoid the storms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter