Summer Alumni Program!!

I believe it is opened to all alumni with a good rehire status.

Did anyone who applied get any sort of confirmation email? I was expecting one, and I have not received anything (I applied on the 21st). And do we need to send in our role checklist and application?

Maybe I just missed this info somewhere on the site....I've been kind of airheaded since school started, I guess that's what taking too many supply chain courses can do to a person. I just recall it saying fill out a role checklist...but then what do you do with it? :confused3

Great, thank you! Now also, it says on the website that you do not have to be currently enrolled in school to participate in the summer alumni program. Does this mean I can graduate and still participate?

Great, thank you! Now also, it says on the website that you do not have to be currently enrolled in school to participate in the summer alumni program. Does this mean I can graduate and still participate?

I believe that is correct.

I believe it is opened to all alumni with a good rehire status.

Did anyone who applied get any sort of confirmation email? I was expecting one, and I have not received anything (I applied on the 21st). And do we need to send in our role checklist and application?

Maybe I just missed this info somewhere on the site....I've been kind of airheaded since school started, I guess that's what taking too many supply chain courses can do to a person. I just recall it saying fill out a role checklist...but then what do you do with it? :confused3

You need to mail and fax in the application and role checklist.

Just a quick question about the summer Alumni Program -

Do you have to apply for it within a certain timeframe of completing your CP?

No. But you will want to apply early. Last summer, the Summer Alumni program filled up really quickly. So it is wise to apply ASAP.

No. But you will want to apply early. Last summer, the Summer Alumni program filled up really quickly. So it is wise to apply ASAP.

Thanks for the info! Do you have to do anything with your health insurance to participate in the Summer Alumni program? How does that work out?

Thanks for the info! Do you have to do anything with your health insurance to participate in the Summer Alumni program? How does that work out?

I didn't, because I was still a student in school for both of mine. But I'm sure you would have to if you had graduated (which I will have to do, if I get accepted for Fall 09).

I didn't, because I was still a student in school for both of mine. But I'm sure you would have to if you had graduated (which I will have to do, if I get accepted for Fall 09).

Great, thanks Joanna!!

Does anyone who has already done the summer program and also remained seasonal know how it effects seasonal status? I've been seasonal for a while and would hate to loose that or jump through the hoops of establishing it again. Do they still let you keep your seasonal id? Either way I plan on going down for the summer, I'm just not sure if it'll be best to go there as a cp or as seasonal.

You need to mail and fax in the application and role checklist.

Why would we submit the role checklist when all of the roles are not available?

"STEP 2
Please complete an online application and Role Checklist.
Select "E-Presentation" as the presentation you plan to attend.

Alumni are not required to view the presentation again for the Summer-only program."

thats all the website says...it doesn't say to submit it the role checklist and application by mail for the summer only program...

Why would we submit the role checklist when all of the roles are not available?

"STEP 2
Please complete an online application and Role Checklist.
Select "E-Presentation" as the presentation you plan to attend.

Alumni are not required to view the presentation again for the Summer-only program."

thats all the website says...it doesn't say to submit it the role checklist and application by mail for the summer only program...

I'm just saying that that's what I had to do the past 2 years.

NO MAIL/FAX IN OF ROLE CHECKLIST OR APPLICATION NECESSARY!

I emailed WDW College Recruiting to ask about that, they replied that
they do not need the application or role checklist mailed in.

So there we have our definitive answer.

Alright, it's not that big of a deal - so you don't have to submit a checklist.

NO MAIL/FAX IN OF ROLE CHECKLIST OR APPLICATION NECESSARY!

I emailed WDW College Recruiting to ask about that, they replied that
they do not need the application or role checklist mailed in.

So there we have our definitive answer.

Thank you...I was wondering about that as well because the site has little information.

I got an email from recruiting today that said I would have to live in CP housing, but I've already talked to the housing department who said I didn't...:confused3 I already submitted everything to decline housing, that the housing dept. asked for, so I'm going to plan on that.

Goodness I hate waiting for acceptance letters!

I chose Attractions: DHS Icon (GMR, if available) or Ad/Lib
or Merchandise: DHS or Epcot

We'll see what happens :)

I've yet to hear anything back (email confirmation i mean)...I'm thinking it may have something to do with my status as a Campus Rep. This is my first semester as a Rep, and my papers are still being processed through recruiting...I must be lost in the mix or something. I just hope that if accepted I get the role I want...although I was pretty picky so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't.

I haven't heard yet either. I just got the email today for the campus rep paperwork so they don't even have my rehire paperwork yet...blah lol.

Yeah, I triple checked with recruiting on all this stuff and this is what I found out:

If you did NOT get a confirmation email, it doesn't mean anything. I didn't get one and it wasn't in my spam box either but the guy said some systems just bounce the email right back. My application was received, and yours was too as long as you submitted it online.

Regarding the role check list and everything else, you do not need to fax or mail anything in. All they need was the stuff you filled out online. He said we should hear back by mid to late February!!!

Good luck everyone, I really hope we all get to go back!!! :)

Is there a limit to how old you need to be to still participate in the Summer Alumni Program? Hopefully, if I participate in my first CP, I want to keep going back at least for a few more years...

Is there a limit to how old you need to be to still participate in the Summer Alumni Program? Hopefully, if I participate in my first CP, I want to keep going back at least for a few more years...

Nope. I knew several older adults who did the Summer program last summer.

Wow, that's awesome! So you can graduate, and then wait 5 years and still participate??

I think so. According to the website, you don't have to be in school to do the Summer Alumni program (when offered).

Does anyone know any good apartments near Disney for employees?? Something nice, but not no expensive, Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter