Stupid names for a child

LaQuinta is an actual name? I never knew that because the first time I ever heard of the name LaQuinta was because of the motel chain La Quinta Inn and I believe it means the fifth in Spanish. Another name that I find weird that it seems that boys are being named now is Bucky and when I hear the name Bucky it reminds me of a teenager dressed in a cowboy hat and when I saw Falcon And The Winter Soldier I couldn't believe that Sam Wilson's best friend is named Bucky Barnes. And on American Idol there was a singer named Bucky Covington too. I don't know how these names end up popular but they are now

Has anyone heard of the name Adan? I think it is a neat name but weird and I believe that's how they say Adam in Spanish. The weird name I recently encountered was Michael Jackson's son Blanket's nickname is Bigi and who thought of this name in the first place? Because when I learned this fact it sounds too much like biggie and I thought it was funny

LaQuinta is an actual name? I never knew that because the first time I ever heard of the name LaQuinta was because of the motel chain La Quinta Inn and I believe it means the fifth in Spanish. Another name that I find weird that it seems that boys are being named now is Bucky and when I hear the name Bucky it reminds me of a teenager dressed in a cowboy hat and when I saw Falcon And The Winter Soldier I couldn't believe that Sam Wilson's best friend is named Bucky Barnes. And on American Idol there was a singer named Bucky Covington too. I don't know how these names end up popular but they are now
I think I asked this before, but how do you qualify if a name is "popular"? You listed two examples of "Bucky", one of which was in a fictitious story, but consider it "popular"?

I think I asked this before, but how do you qualify if a name is "popular"? You listed two examples of "Bucky", one of which was in a fictitious story, but consider it "popular"?
My grandfather's name was Buck. He was born in 1925, so the name has been around for awhile.

I grew up with a kid named Ohm. Thought it was kinda cool.

I was on a show recently with a 24 year old girl named Squid. I asked about it and she showed me her DL and it is, indeed, her legal name. Again, I think it's kinda cool...

So now that I think about it I shouldn't have included it in this "stupid names for a child" thread.

There’s a junior racer who’s given name is G3 - pronounced exactly as Gee-Three.

Worse I've seen lately -- teachers see it all: My'Love, Kisses, Precious, and Princess.

Looking over these last couple responses:

- To my ear, Wade is a old-timey country name. In the same category as Hoyt or Cletus. In three decades I've never taught a Wade.
- Buck is a fine nickname, but it seems to me the boy should have a "more standard" real name
- Letters and numbers? People have lost their minds.

Last edited:
Worse I've seen lately -- teachers see it all: My'Love, Kisses, Precious, and Princess.

Looking over these last couple responses:

- To my ear, Wade is a old-timey country name. In the same category as Hoyt or Cletus. In three decades I've never taught a Wade.
- Buck is a fine nickname, but it seems to me the boy should have a "more standard" real name
- Letters and numbers? People have lost their minds.
I got called into the principal's office so he could yell at me for calling a student, "Love" in one of my orchestra classes. I asked what I should call her and he told me to call her by her name. He was yelling loud enough for the secretary and a student in the office to hear. The secretary came in and told him they could hear him in the office. The student who heard was in fact the student named Love.

I must have taught in the boonies (metro Denver area) because as I said, I had more than 1 Wade in my classes in over 3 decades.

My Uncle Buck rode with Buffalo Bill. That was his real name. His brother Boots also rode with Buffalo Bill. That was his real name as well.

Letters and numbers for names are a bit different, but they are still someone's name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter