"Stuff" in Carry on - ie...Rice Krispie Treats, etc..

Henlady

DIS Veteran
I haven't flown in 26 years (yes, you read correctly). We are flying to WDW in a couple of weeks. My adult DD loves those big rice krispie treats you get at Goofy's Candy Co and would like me to bring a couple back for her.

Can I bring them back in our carry-on luggage? Or is this something I would have to put in a checked bag?

Since this is a relatively short trip (4 nights) we were planning on traveling with carry-on luggage only. If I need to check a bag to take those treats back I guess I will have to on the return trip.

Hi,

Yes, you can bring food through security and on a carry-on. Enjoy your trip!

As long as you do not have more than 3 oz of liquid in a single container, you may certainly bring your food along.

We bring donuts, candy, gum, cookies, etc and never have an issue.

We love Goofy's Rice Krispie treats also and have brought them through security in carry-on luggage many times.

Correction--if you bring back fudge from Disney in your carry-on, you may have it taken away at security. This wasn't just one rude TSA person...it's happened to me not once, not twice, but THREE times.

The first time was shortly after the shoe-bomber incident, so I chalked it up to heightened security. The second time I was just blown away. The third time I had actually asked the TSA agents when I arrived at MCO if I could bring it back in my carry-on (since I don't check luggage), was told yes, and thought I'd be ok. I asked AGAIN before leaving the ticket counter (as my mom was checking luggage) and was told by the bag screeners who take your checked luggage that I would be fine, fudge isn't a liquid.

Moral of the story...apparently fudge is too "gel-like" to be in your carry-on and all of the TSA agents at MCO are enjoying your Main Street Peanut Butter Fudge...boo!

Correction--if you bring back fudge from Disney in your carry-on, you may have it taken away at security. This wasn't just one rude TSA person...it's happened to me not once, not twice, but THREE times.

The first time was shortly after the shoe-bomber incident, so I chalked it up to heightened security. The second time I was just blown away. The third time I had actually asked the TSA agents when I arrived at MCO if I could bring it back in my carry-on (since I don't check luggage), was told yes, and thought I'd be ok. I asked AGAIN before leaving the ticket counter (as my mom was checking luggage) and was told by the bag screeners who take your checked luggage that I would be fine, fudge isn't a liquid.

Moral of the story...apparently fudge is too "gel-like" to be in your carry-on and all of the TSA agents at MCO are enjoying your Main Street Peanut Butter Fudge...boo!

Wow that is ridiculous.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter