Strategy for snagging AP codes

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
What do you do?

Book a room at rack & then get the AP added when they rates come out.

or

Book a room or another less expensive resort you can afford. (say book moderate & then book deluxe when code come sout). Wait til the AP rates come out & if they look good book a new reservation for the upgrade?

You guys know everything here! Thanks

I booked a room that I was willing to take without the AP discount. Then when the AP rates came out I hoped that the TA (Magical Journeys) was able to get the AP rate.

When the Aug rates came out my TA wasn't able to the STD room AP rate, but thought she could could a Woods view. I gave the OK to go with the Woods view, but then she was able to get the standard view room.

Leaving in 91 days!! Yeah! :cool1:

Michelle

Always book the room you are willing to pay for at no Ap or discount. See there is kind of a catch 22 involved. If you book at a higher resort hoping for an AP they may not offer them because they think they are booked at capacity or near to where they won't offer discounts because they have all these rooms booked at rack rate.

So always book a room you can afford with no discount and upgrade from there IF one comes out.

Since it really is a bonus to get an AP discount, I always just book a room at rack and then hope for a discount. I just think it's always best to book what I can afford/want to begin with. The AP discounts are icing on the cake and they don't always offer them. Plus, then I don't have to worry about whether the resort I want still has rooms or not.

Disclaimer: This is simply how I choose to book, based on my experiences, this is not a judgment on anyone else or their booking preferences. WHEW, gotta cover all the bases these days, :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter