Strange Conversation with Disney Rep

arcook

Earning My Ears
I had a strange conversation with a Disney Rep. After she reviewed my info and provided me a price for a quick 4 night visit to the beach club, I asked if there were any discounts I could take advantage of. She said I should look on the Web site for "Specials". I don't remember any specials on the Web site except for the Visa offer. She couldn't give me any further information, saying that they are always listening (I am paraphrasing here). Am I missing something here?

That's weird. :confused:

Did she at least tell you what website she was referring to?
When are you going? She wasn't talking about the free dining deal, was she?

The WDW website shows discs. for Fl. residents, maybe that is what she was referring to.

She said I should spend some time exploring the Disney World web site for Specials. The only Specials I found were the Visa Card, Dining, etc. She knew what dates I was going (late July) and that I am not from Florida.

She was probably refering to the free dining special that is now(new today I think) in the lower right hand corner of the main wdw page. You click on it and it highlights the offer for August 21 till October 4 and tells you to ask for code YMD I think.

Good Luck.

I thought of the Dining Special, but She knew my exact dates that I was looking for. End of July. She didn't even ask me if my dates were flexible. Then I would have known.

Who knows at this point.

Maybe she meant AAA member??? Depending on the resort and time of year, you can save 10-20%...

Is any one in your travel party active military? There's a room discount for them as well right now...

good luck!

Hi arcook :wave: !

On www.disneyworld.com , you have to click on "Site Map" at the bottom of the page. When you get to that page, scroll down, and you will see "Specials" under one of the categories.

Or, just click HERE for a short-cut. Hope this helps!!

BTW, WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!

:wave2:

I was booking for a friend last week and had a similiar conversation with the CRS guy. I always appreciate getting a man on the phone. I know it sounds odd but for some reason they seem to be a bit more helpful than some of the female CMs I've dealt with.
Anyway, I was looking at July also. Asked if there was anything I didn't know about, maybe had "missed a fax on" and he said to go look at the wdw agents site and my Dmail again. I told him I never saw any codes there at all and it seemed like he was going to tell me, then put me on hold, and when he came back said he couldn't tell me anything.
I thought he was initially referring to the free dining also but the dates I needed were clear and we discussed that that promotion wouldn't work for this party. I thought it odd at the time but now I really do wonder if there's something I'm missing for July...

Wow its funny that you post this. I thought it was weird at the time, but I just shrug my shoulders and said "oh well".

I called the cm last week concerning my problem. I am going the end of July with my 11 year old nephew. I was deciding on if I should purchase the meal plan or not. It is a good deal for me, but not for him. They would charge me 35.00 a day(adult) for him. This kid dont eat 35.00 a week!
Anyhow, I came across one page that had the price of the meal plan for a child for ages 2-11...as well as another that said it's 2-9! ODD. Also, most the Dis eateries offer child menus up to age 11.

When I called the CM, she told me "YES...the meal plan for children is definately up to age 11"...I said great...then she said "oh wait......on another price list I have it say's the Meal plan is to age 9....let me check with my supervisor"...I then was on hold for 5 minutes, and she came back and told me that her supervisor told her that the child meal plan is up to age 9, and all the WDW eateries are changing the child menu to reflect that age. Sorry' and then immeadiately she said thank you for calling is there anything else I can do...and click...the phone hung up.

I just hought jeez that was rude. What could I do anyway?

That's how my conversation started. The family I was booking had an 11 yr old and had to decide between staying at all stars with dining (paid of course in July - not free) or taking a discounted Beach Club room without meals. Since I am personally biased I was trying to crunch the numbers for a realistic and objective analysis.
I asked about the child age. This is what I was told on three seperate occassions recently...
If it's a package with dining then 10 or 11 yr old child pays as an adult. If they are NOT on dining plan then for every restraurant he checked a child was considered to be under 12.
The ages are expected to be changed SOMETIME IN THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS to reflect the age change to match the package prices.
He also stated this change could happen at any time but was not something they expected immediately. I was told not to guarantee it but it was very likely the 11 yr old would still be charged child's prices throughout the summer.
We then got off onto discounts and room rates, when he said to go check the website for special offers.
Another CM on a follow-up call said she expected children's meal prices to vary between restraurants during the transition.
So, now it appears we know even less than before... The family decided on the discount at the BC without meals after we did all the math.

Ugh!

These 9, 10, 11 & 12 year olds cause more problems! ;)

I really think Disney should get the act together when it comes to this issue.
I feel sorry for the CM's who are going to have to tell guests that their 10 year old must order from the ADULT menu!

It's very silly and quite UNDISNEY.

DISUNC said:
Ugh!

These 9, 10, 11 & 12 year olds cause more problems! ;)

I really think Disney should get the act together when it comes to this issue.
I feel sorry for the CM's who are going to have to tell guests that their 10 year old must order from the ADULT menu!

It's very silly and quite UNDISNEY.

Actually, they always let anyone order from the children's menu (at counter service and sit down meals), but the child age vs the adult age mattered for park tickets and character meals and buffets. My guess is they will change the child menu age to match the ticket age (3 - 9 is a child). This will impact meal plans, character meals, buffets, etc...but anyone will still be able to order from the children's menu. Even withthe meal plan, I would think they would love for an 11 year old to pay as an adult and then order chicken nuggets!

Anyhow, I agree it is confusing that a 10 year old needs an adult ticket but is a kid in restaraunts, so I guess they will eventually get everything aligned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter