"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Does anyone have any insight into why there is suddenly no availability (not even a single night) for 1 bd at BCV for the entire month of Sept and the first three weeks of October? Same thing happens for 2bd for a similar duration. It seems unlikely that such a big block of total unavailablility could be just naturally occurring demand/bookings. Especially with the unavailable blocks for 1 bd and 2bd ending on the exact same day, with plenty of availability outside of this block.
Getting tough to find a room at 11-month window at BCV. Crazy. I am looking at a studio for the 2nd week of Jan '24 and I am prob going to have to start walking to make sure I get my days. Dec 30th already not available and then RunDisney the 1st weekend of Jan. Crazy.

The weird thing for Sept/Oct though is that six full weeks of availability disappeared almost overnight. And, while I completely agree that studios are hard to get at 11 months for many dates, that usually isn’t the case for 1 and 2 bds. Especially not the exact same complete multi-week block of both 1 and 2 beds disappearing overnight. Makes me wonder if it is a refurb related thing…
Getting tough to find a room at 11-month window at BCV. Crazy. I am looking at a studio for the 2nd week of Jan '24 and I am prob going to have to start walking to make sure I get my days. Dec 30th already not available and then RunDisney the 1st weekend of Jan. Craz

The weird thing for Sept/Oct though is that six full weeks of availability disappeared almost overnight. And, while I completely agree that studios are hard to get at 11 months for many dates, that usually isn’t the case for 1 and 2 bds. Especially not the exact same complete multi-week block of both 1 and 2 beds disappearing overnight. Makes me wonder if it is a refurb related thing…
Refurb has already started and will be done by May? But that is very odd that a big block of rooms disappeared.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 14

Hello!
We will be at BCV next month.(first time staying here for us!) My in laws are surprising our kids by being at the parks with us a day or two. They might like to come back to the beach club with us to relax. I know they are not allowed in the pool area. Are there other relaxing areas you would suggest. Or must do things for them to check out? Also if the kids are swimming is there seating outside of the pool area but nearby that they might enjoy. Thank you for any suggestions!

They might like to come back to the beach club with us to relax. I know they are not allowed in the pool area.

They could definitely hang out in the quiet pool at the BCV just not Stormalong Bay. There are also picnic tables near the BBQ area if you wanted to hang out there. You could even make a dinner. I know most people don't like to cook on vacation, but we had a wonderful potluck there about 10 years ago with friends we had met online.

I noticed the same thing. I'm assuming that Disney blocked them out for some reason. Seems unlikely they would all be booked overnight. It seems like it went from decent availability to no availability overnight.

When does the refurb restart? Any word on when it finishes? We will be here at Easter and would love a refurbished room.

This is probably a more general DVC question but thought I'd ask here since we're actually checking in to BCV on Saturday (can't wait!).

So what's the coffee situation like in the room these days? Is that still on the amenity list? Do we need to bring our own coffee? Our last few visits we also brought some disposable cups with lids so we could make coffee in the room to go. Is this still something we should consider?

Thanks all. Can't wait to stay here. We've stayed at BWV a few times and this will be our first time staying at Beach Club.

This is probably a more general DVC question but thought I'd ask here since we're actually checking in to BCV on Saturday (can't wait!).

So what's the coffee situation like in the room these days? Is that still on the amenity list? Do we need to bring our own coffee? Our last few visits we also brought some disposable cups with lids so we could make coffee in the room to go. Is this still something we should consider?

Thanks all. Can't wait to stay here. We've stayed at BWV a few times and this will be our first time staying at Beach Club.
If you use up the coffee packets provided in the room you can call housekeeping for more. Usually you get a couple of regular and 1 or 2 decaf to start but we've had it be more sometimes. There's no charge to get more. It's the same Joffrey's as at all other DVC resorts. If you get a refurbed room you might get the new dual coffee maker - does both K-cups and full pots. If not refurbed then it will likely be the one that makes full pots.

I stayed in a studio in January and it was a regular drip coffee maker. Wasn't planning on using the Joffrey's packets, but I forgot filters 🤦‍♀️ I thought it was weird that the Joffrey's packet was a fixed amount of coffee grounds, but the instructions indicated to just add however much water for the number of cups you want. So a full pot would be very weak coffee indeed. I found that 1 packet made 4 cups of perfect strength coffee (used bottled water as well). And the 50th anniversary blend was very good, but I don't know that they are stocking that one any more.

I stayed in a studio in January and it was a regular drip coffee maker. Wasn't planning on using the Joffrey's packets, but I forgot filters 🤦‍♀️ I thought it was weird that the Joffrey's packet was a fixed amount of coffee grounds, but the instructions indicated to just add however much water for the number of cups you want. So a full pot would be very weak coffee indeed. I found that 1 packet made 4 cups of perfect strength coffee (used bottled water as well). And the 50th anniversary blend was very good, but I don't know that they are stocking that one any more.
I agree with this finding based on my trial & error.

Thanks! I always wondered how much water to add.
So, to the OP, you should have 4 packets when you enter the studio. However, 2 packets are caffeinated, and 2 are decaf. So, if you're like me, you might only drink one of the kinds, so you'll have 8 cups of coffee available. However, if (for most people, that's when) you need more coffee, they'll bring you plenty more. Last trip, I asked for more and they brought me a large, clear plastic bag that must have had 50 more packets!

Would you see if they have restarted the refurb on the lower floors? Also, if the have started the refurb on the Dunes cove pool? We arrive in two weeks and I'd like to know what the noise level is like.
So we got the alert of our room being ready right as we were being dropped off. 4th floor? Sweet. We got a renovated studio!!

Nope, we walked into a renovated 1BR. I’ll take it!

Would you see if they have restarted the refurb on the lower floors? Also, if the have started the refurb on the Dunes cove pool? We arrive in two weeks and I'd like to know what the noise level is like.

We’ve seen some level of work on the lower levels this week. I know something was happening on either the 2nd or 3rd when we arrived. There is definitely something happening on the 1st right now. Just checked and nothing happening at the pool as of now.

Also this definitely happened last night. I slept right through it. My wife didn’t!

1696453414321.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter