"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Here's a view of the Epcot fireworks from room 553 @ BCV last week.
Thank you for the pictures. I have a 2BR coming up this Saturday. Were the rooms themselves good? As in location, balconies, wear & tear; noise, your view looks pretty good!

Thank you for the pictures. I have a 2BR coming up this Saturday. Were the rooms themselves good? As in location, balconies, wear & tear; noise, your view looks pretty good!

I few posts back I mentioned my experience in a studio (April). The furniture showed a lot of wear and tear. I understand they are due for a refurb. It was very noticeable to me. Didn't ruin my experience/stay, but I wasn't happy that a room like that costs so much.

We got a couple of nights in a 2BR this summer and it’ll be our first time staying at BCV! We’ve only stayed on the hotel side before, and this was years ago pre-kids. Since it’s just 1 full day we’re going to do mostly a resort/pool day, and then head into Epcot in the evening for extended hours and hopefully do GotG. We’ll probably mobile order from Ale & Compass, although I was also eyeing the Crew’s Cup menu. If anyone has recommendations for favorite things to order from those places, I’d love to hear them. Looking forward to experiencing Stormalong Bay with our kids!

My son & his family stayed in the room so I can't directly answer your question but I didn't get any complaints from him.

We’ll probably mobile order from Ale & Compass, although I was also eyeing the Crew’s Cup menu. If anyone has recommendations for favorite things to order from those places, I’d love to hear them.

The Parker house rolls/spread are really tasty as is the chipotle-bbq chicken flatbread if you’re ok with some spice. I also thought the fish tacos were pretty good. 😋

The Parker house rolls/spread are really tasty as is the chipotle-bbq chicken flatbread if you’re ok with some spice. I also thought the fish tacos were pretty good. 😋
The flatbreads at the BC marketplace were great... which is why they had to get rid of them, obviously. :mad:

We are doing something different this year. I usually pick MK resorts but DS wants to go to Epcot on his bday in Dec. to ride GOTG. We haven’t stayed at BCV in over 12 years so I’m looking forward to it. We also haven’t tried the skyliner so this will be a good way to do so.
I would like to put in a room request but unsure how to word it. I am lazy and mainly want to be close to the path that leads to the main building.

We just booked a BCV 2 bedroom with cash. Is there any rhyme or reason on whether cash reservations get dedicated vs. lock-off?

Am I right about:
Lockoff second bedroom = queen, sofa bed, twin pull down
Dedicated second bedroom = 2 queen

??

Thank you!

We just booked a BCV 2 bedroom with cash. Is there any rhyme or reason on whether cash reservations get dedicated vs. lock-off?

Am I right about:
Lockoff second bedroom = queen, sofa bed, twin pull down
Dedicated second bedroom = 2 queen

??

Thank you!
My GUESS would be dedicated but others might know for sure. Does it say the max room occupancy anywhere on the reservation? Dedicated is 8 and lock-off is 9.

Your sleeping surface inventory between the 2 room types is correct.

Edit: The hotel booking screen describes a dedicated 2 bedroom, both in sleeping surfaces and occupancy. I suppose they could put you in either, but I'd be surprised if it weren't a dedicated 2BR.

Screenshot_20220515-105325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
My GUESS would be dedicated but others might know for sure. Does it say the max room occupancy anywhere on the reservation? Dedicated is 8 and lock-off is 9.

Your sleeping surface inventory between the 2 room types is correct.

Edit: The hotel booking screen describes a dedicated 2 bedroom, both in sleeping surfaces and occupancy. I suppose they could put you in either, but I'd be surprised if it weren't a dedicated 2BR.

View attachment 669321
No, it doesn’t have max occupancy listed specifically.

Thank you for affirming!

Isn’t Disney’s description weird? It looks like an error to me. Are there really some with double pull-downs?

Here's the description from DVC in case that helps. It does say, for a dedicated 2BR, that exclusively to members booking with points, a 9th guest can be accommodated, so it would seem only 8 are allowed for a cash ressie (in a dedicated 2BR).

2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa​

Sleeps Up to 9
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")

2-Bedroom Villa​

Sleeps Up to 8
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 9th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided

Last edited:
Here's the description from DVC in case that helps. It does say, for a dedicated 2BR, that exclusively to members booking with points, a 9th guest can be accommodated, so it would seem only 8 are allowed for a cash ressie (in a dedicated 2BR).

2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa​

Sleeps Up to 9
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 double-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")

2-Bedroom Villa​

Sleeps Up to 8
1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 9th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided
Thank you! I guess with a cash reservation I’ll just have to wait and see. :) either will work out okay.

For all of you BCV peeps - I have a quick question. I was able to snag a night at BCV at the end of my June trip. HOORAY! I am so excited to go to Stormalong Bay.
It is only me on my reservation (studio). I plan to have a local friend come hang out with me and head to the pool. Do I need to add her to my hotel reservation to make sure she can join me? Or can she just come in with me and I scan my magic band when checked?

For all of you BCV peeps - I have a quick question. I was able to snag a night at BCV at the end of my June trip. HOORAY! I am so excited to go to Stormalong Bay.
It is only me on my reservation (studio). I plan to have a local friend come hang out with me and head to the pool. Do I need to add her to my hotel reservation to make sure she can join me? Or can she just come in with me and I scan my magic band when checked?
You'll need to add her to the reservation and she'll need her own band or card. If she doesn't have a magic band you can pick up a regular key card for free for her at the front desk or the little concierge desk in the villas lobby if someone is there.

You'll need to add her to the reservation and she'll need her own band or card. If she doesn't have a magic band you can pick up a regular key card for free for her at the front desk or the little concierge desk in the villas lobby if someone is there.
Thank you for the reply. I'll just add her! She's an AP so it's no problem for her to bring her magic band

I saw a recent YouTube video whereas it looked like some refurbishment work was going on around the Beach Club pool. I couldn’t find much information on this, does anyone know if it is still going on and if so when it will be completed? We’ll be staying there in a few weeks and just curious if it will be a downer or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter