Stormalong access on checkout day

timC

DVC Member at BWV
We'll be staying at both Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, during our upcoming vacation :bounce: , making the transfer 1/2 way through our trip.

Question: On check-out day at YC, can we still use Stomalong that day, all day? We'd like to spend the day there, before checking into WL.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can. You should be able to use any house phone to call and see if your room is ready at WL.

Yes - you can use SAB on check-out day from the YC. Just show them your valid room card for the YC, it will have the date on it and you are aloud to use SAB until the date on your card;)

Ask for late checkout and you might get to keep your room until 1 p.m., too. Usually, they tell you to call the day before for this request, but I always ask when we check in.

Dear TimC,

I was curious as to how you set up your trip to transfer to another resort 1/2 way through your stay. If you could provide any detail I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mickdaddy

MickDaddy. Thanks for asking.

Setting up a 2 resort trip is pretty straightforward. You simply book 2 reservations. On the day of your check-out, you have the bellman transfer the luggage to the new resort. We'll spend the morning and early afternoon at Stormalong, and when we check in at WL we'll call the WL bellman for our bags. It's a very common practice at WDW. We've done this a couple of times and never had a problem.

Why we've booked our trip this way is a longer story. To make a long story short, we had to change or vacation plans at the last minute and ended up with 2 nights at the YC and 5 at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter