Stitch ride closed for meet and greet, possibly

Exciting! My son loves Stitch. Maybe I'll cancel our Ohana breakfast then, the menu doesn't really seem that interesting anyway.

Exciting! My son loves Stitch. Maybe I'll cancel our Ohana breakfast then, the menu doesn't really seem that interesting anyway.

I think we are going to do that, too. I just scheduled an 8:40 pm dinner and will most likely be dropping our breakfast here soon. I'd much rather eat dinner there and meet Stitch in the park.

I do like the throwback nod to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter on the sign. At least I'm assuming it was done on purpose.

So when does the gift shop open? That's some pretty prime real estate for a M&G.

I would just assume since Stitch will meet in the front part of the attraction area, Disney could be silently working on something new in the actual ride area.....just hoping and dreaming!!

I would just assume since Stitch will meet in the front part of the attraction area, Disney could be silently working on something new in the actual ride area.....just hoping and dreaming!!
From what’s being reported, other areas of the attraction may/will be put to use for a break room for Stitch, his Attendants, and Photopass CMs.

That would be great!
My daughter is obsessed with Marie so I've got my fingers crossed she might come back. I know it's a long shot, but I'm still hoping!

My DD10's favorite character is Marie so we will be joining you in hoping she comes back!

Glad to see Stitch getting a more permanent meeting spot in the park.

When I was there around Labor Day, they had him meeting in Tomorrowland over in the general vicinity of Space Mountain, so they were clearly moving things in this direction. According to this article, it looks like they moved him out of Town Square back in May.

We met stitch in that exact area 5 years ago so it's not a new location (by space mountain)

Oh, bummer.
All the vague teasers out there I thought
it was a legit Alien Encounter Meet & Greet ...
... worth planning a trip around.
Stitch ............ :rolleyes:

Because Stitch is still meeting in MK with only a location change, there’s no character to replace him in Town Square.

Today is the first day of the winter scheduling for CMs and no new characters begin in MK today.

Timon replaces Tarzan in AK. Mulan left Fantasmic last night and Moana moves to her spot on Steamboat Willie.

What are you saying about Moana??

You know, I still have not seen the movie Stitch and Lilo. But I have met Stitch a number of times outside the ride. I only went on the ride once and didn't care for it.

You know, I still have not seen the movie Stitch and Lilo. But I have met Stitch a number of times outside the ride. I only went on the ride once and didn't care for it.

I've been on the ride a couple times and both times got a crink in my neck. It was just a little too rough for me.

It's funny how everyone refers to Stich as a ride. It doesn't actually move. It's always been more of a show to me. I won't really miss it, though I do hope they will put in something better than just a meet and greet after a while, or at least, as others have suggested, add a few characters so it can justify taking up the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter