still looking for hotels.

rpbert1

DIS Veteran
Have seen some good deals one was for Four Seasons, now a bit confused with the gratuity you would pay for certain things.
They apparently set your bed up at the pool so how much gratuity for that, they also go round with a water spray to spray you do you tip for that, someone apparently cleans your sunglasses is this another tip.
they did this at St Petes in Florida i.e set your bed up, but we have been teaching DD, that you do not expect people to do everything for you , you need to do things for yourself, and to treat people with respect no matter who they are, and some of the guys i think where a bit put out by it.
just wondering how much gratuity for each thing as tipping here in Ireland is not really a done thing.

Okay, I think if you are planning to stay at the Four Seasons, you are out of my league. I have been to Vegas many times, but I'm one of those that takes care of my own luggage, etc.

I believe the Four Seasons is quite "posh" even by Vegas standards ... is this what you are looking for?

Have seen some good deals one was for Four Seasons, now a bit confused with the gratuity you would pay for certain things.
They apparently set your bed up at the pool so how much gratuity for that, they also go round with a water spray to spray you do you tip for that, someone apparently cleans your sunglasses is this another tip.
they did this at St Petes in Florida i.e set your bed up, but we have been teaching DD, that you do not expect people to do everything for you , you need to do things for yourself, and to treat people with respect no matter who they are, and some of the guys i think where a bit put out by it.
just wondering how much gratuity for each thing as tipping here in Ireland is not really a done thing.
The Four Seasons here is Wonderful! The pool is nice but not huge but you'll be able to get into Mandalay Bay's pool if you want to. Honestly, I would call and ask for the concierge; and ask them about tipping at the pool. The pool staff may not even accept tips; they are a five star property and you'll get five star service no matter what.

Thanks for the info.
Just i have seen a good rate for it here in Ireland, and is actually as cheap as Signature at MGM, and no resort fees.
I like to take my own cases , but do not mind tipping $$ for someone else to do it, as they are trying to earn a few $$, but do not like people doing everything for me just because the hotel is "posh", not a good thing for my DD to see people doing everything for you, even if we are on holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter