Steph and Tom's PJ!1/3/10-WP/WHR/AAP/ITALY-We won Best Love Story! Thanks for voting.

Ugh! sorry to hear about your momma drama. :hug: Just remember that it's YOUR wedding so do what you want regardless of what she tries to tell you.
Thanks pink tink. It is suppose to be the happiest time of my life! Hopefully once she sees me in dresses tomorrow it will help. I hate fighting with her but I want a small intimate Disney wedding and that is what I am having! I could not even imagine if it was in NY and the drama!!! lol

No way! We're in Dyker Heights too! How crazy is that? We're the "Charlie Brown House" at CHristmas... not sure if you check out the lights, but were around the corner from Scrooge... What a small world!!

We're getting married at St.Ephrems, and then reception at Garguillo's! Taking pictures in COney Island before they tear down the boardwalkhopefully!
I actually checked out the lights for the first time in years. I can't deal with all the traffic, so usually I don't! lol I don't remember the charlie brown house but we are practically neighbors!

I am sorry you can't get married in Disney :( that stinks. Families are so tough to deal with. MY DF family has been great about this and so has my dad, it is just my mother. I am still reading your PJ to catch up on your situations. You are very creative!

I actually checked out the lights for the first time in years. I can't deal with all the traffic, so usually I don't! lol I don't remember the charlie brown house but we are practically neighbors!

I am sorry you can't get married in Disney :( that stinks. Families are so tough to deal with. MY DF family has been great about this and so has my dad, it is just my mother. I am still reading your PJ to catch up on your situations. You are very creative!

Lol this is the first time we didn't put it up! lolol
We are in the "barn"houses on 10th...small world!

Aww... Thank you for reading my PJ I hope I'm not boring!

Sorry to hear about the drama! Like others have said, you are paying and it's your wedding! I'm sure once it all happens, your mom will love it, I mean honestly, who can't love a wedding at Disney!!?

I am glad everyone liked Stephies telling of our engagement. I tried to keep it a secret from her(even going so far as to curse out every zales,jared,etc commercial that came on tv to try to throw her off) I think that the picures proved she had no idea. Haha.

I do have to say that the photo pass guy couldnt have been better with the pictures. I did not tip him off, he just saw the moment and started snapping away. Couldn't have been a more perfect moment...... At least until our wedding day.

So I went shopping for my wedding dress on Tuesday! :yay: I must have tried on 20 dresses at 3 different bridal shops. I did not love anything until my last dress. It looked so perfect on me.:goodvibes Still want to try a couple more and see if I go back to it, such a big decision! Can't post name or picture b/c my df is on here. It is a Maggie Sottero dress and her dresses are really flattering and reasonably price. If someone is curious, you can email me personally on here since DF can't see that! lol :banana:

Hey, Don't worry about your mom. I think 90% of Disbrides get grief from their families when they first state they are going to get married at DW.
They will get over it and eventually get REALLY excited. If not excited, they will zip it. Most people realize that this is an important day to you and quipping incessantly will push you, who they love, away. Don't worry. :goodvibes

My grandmas are 87 this year and are incredibly excited to go to DW. They plan on lounging in the sun for a week and doing nothing else. HAHAHAA.

I am glad everyone liked Stephies telling of our engagement. I tried to keep it a secret from her(even going so far as to curse out every zales,jared,etc commercial that came on tv to try to throw her off) I think that the picures proved she had no idea. Haha.

I do have to say that the photo pass guy couldnt have been better with the pictures. I did not tip him off, he just saw the moment and started snapping away. Couldn't have been a more perfect moment...... At least until our wedding day.

You guys are way too cute! My fiance did the same thing...even went as far as to say that he didn't want us to live together till we were married which would be in about 5 years! (Enter head banging against wall emote here)

Good job, those pictures are priceless!!!

Hey, Don't worry about your mom. I think 90% of Disbrides get grief from their families when they first state they are going to get married at DW.
They will get over it and eventually get REALLY excited. If not excited, they will zip it. Most people realize that this is an important day to you and quipping incessantly will push you, who they love, away. Don't worry. :goodvibes

My grandmas are 87 this year and are incredibly excited to go to DW. They plan on lounging in the sun for a week and doing nothing else. HAHAHAA.
thanks! she is being a little more understanding now. we went dress shopping on tuesday and i think that helped. im sure everything will work out (i hope). i for one am soooooo excited!!!!

How great that you started a pj and chose a date!! I remember seeing your pics on the main page!! Do you have locations? Or did I miss that?

Awww, we were there that day too, and I was just newly engaged. We are getting married just 5 days after you, how exciting!!! :yay:

Congratulations, and what a cute proposal!! :lovestruc The pics are priceless!!! :goodvibes

thanks! she is being a little more understanding now. we went dress shopping on tuesday and i think that helped. im sure everything will work out (i hope). i for one am soooooo excited!!!!

How did the dress shopping go?

How great that you started a pj and chose a date!! I remember seeing your pics on the main page!! Do you have locations? Or did I miss that?
Thanks! We are going to have the Ceremony at the WP and then the reception at the WHitehall Room and not sure where the desert party will be yet. I would love to have it at Fantasia but I think it doesn't run on SUndays. So exciting though! Where are you having yours?

Awww, we were there that day too, and I was just newly engaged. We are getting married just 5 days after you, how exciting!!! :yay:

Congratulations, and what a cute proposal!! :lovestruc The pics are priceless!!! :goodvibes
Thanks! Congratulations to you too. So funny that our weddings are 5 days apart and we are getting married at the same places-lol Can't wait to really start planning though! I love the ketchup bottles he had made to propose. so adorable and unique.

It was good! SO overwhelming though! :thumbsup2 I still have not decided on a dress though. There is a possible Maggie Sotterro I like but can't post because my DF, tommymomo is on these boards! :groom: lol :donald: I am going shopping with my mom and some of my girlies on Saturday again so they all can see the dresses I have narrowed it down to. It is soo overwhelming but my mom was actually a really big help. :Pinkbounc Thanks for asking!

hello all. i know-its been a while since i have posted but i have been so busy at work! So we received a copy of our contract today. :woohoo: makes it feel real now. once the save the date cards go out then the real planning can begin :yay::dancer: can't wait to sign it and start planning. so i did not get to go dress shopping last weekend :( as my sister and BFF were both sick :sick: with the stomach virus that has been going around. going to go again sometime in april. that is all that is going on at the moment. i will be back soon with hopefully more to report

OMG! So we got our contract yesterday :woohoo: so df and i decide last night that we would order a pizza and read through it since it is pretty long. Being I am a paralegal and use to reading long boring documents I read out loud to my df the entire thing. As we are half way through we see that it states that the GF main lobby and convention center roof are under going construction:confused: um- we were never told this by our wonderful coordinator:mad: so now we are kind of freaking out and EXTREMELY pissed off :furious: i have not even thought about any other venues as i really wanted the WHR since it is so close to the WP and we are staying and i am getting ready at the GF. so i have a call into my WC and am waiting a call back. we just can't believe this was not mentioned-how do you now mention something like this. here is the thing-we have been searching the internet :surfweb: for any information on this and have found nothing. if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.

It was good! SO overwhelming though! :thumbsup2 I still have not decided on a dress though. There is a possible Maggie Sotterro I like but can't post because my DF, tommymomo is on these boards! :groom: lol :donald: I am going shopping with my mom and some of my girlies on Saturday again so they all can see the dresses I have narrowed it down to. It is soo overwhelming but my mom was actually a really big help. :Pinkbounc Thanks for asking!

I love maggie! I can't wait to get my second dress!

hello all. i know-its been a while since i have posted but i have been so busy at work! So we received a copy of our contract today. :woohoo: makes it feel real now. once the save the date cards go out then the real planning can begin :yay::dancer: can't wait to sign it and start planning. so i did not get to go dress shopping last weekend :( as my sister and BFF were both sick :sick: with the stomach virus that has been going around. going to go again sometime in april. that is all that is going on at the moment. i will be back soon with hopefully more to report

That virus is a killer. Insane. I hate it...and I got it twice :(

OMG! So we got our contract yesterday :woohoo: so df and i decide last night that we would order a pizza and read through it since it is pretty long. Being I am a paralegal and use to reading long boring documents I read out loud to my df the entire thing. As we are half way through we see that it states that the GF main lobby and convention center roof are under going construction:confused: um- we were never told this by our wonderful coordinator:mad: so now we are kind of freaking out and EXTREMELY pissed off :furious: i have not even thought about any other venues as i really wanted the WHR since it is so close to the WP and we are staying and i am getting ready at the GF. so i have a call into my WC and am waiting a call back. we just can't believe this was not mentioned-how do you now mention something like this. here is the thing-we have been searching the internet :surfweb: for any information on this and have found nothing. if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.

I emailed my uncle (he is a manager of hs) so hopefully he will know something!

Where did you order pizza from? We ordered pizza yesterday and they confused our order with another order from "around the block" (We ordered from Crispy)
Wonder if we got your pie :rotfl:

I love maggie! I can't wait to get my second dress!

That virus is a killer. Insane. I hate it...and I got it twice :(

I emailed my uncle (he is a manager of hs) so hopefully he will know something!

Where did you order pizza from? We ordered pizza yesterday and they confused our order with another order from "around the block" (We ordered from Crispy)
Wonder if we got your pie :rotfl:
HS? Does that mean hotel services? :rotfl: lol i am bad with the short lingo! thanks that would be so great as i am FREAKING our and df is pretty friggin angry.

lol-not our order. we ordered from pizza wagon. they are on 5th ave b/t 86th and 87th. their sicilian pie is soo good. their round pie is also pretty good. it is the best we have found in the neighborhood i think. is crispy good? we have had la sorrentinos which isn't great, their sandwiches use to be decent but not so good anymore either. have not found a great hero place yet, if you know one let me know. i would def recommend pizza wagon though. it is not patsys aka grimaldis but still good. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter