staying on property vs. off

Lori74

DIS Veteran
Hello! I am surprising my husband with a very quick trip to Universal and I want to make sure I've weighed all my options before I book everything. We are flying in on a Mon afternoon and flying out on a Wed morning. We have been to Universal many times, but have never stayed on property. After looking at prices it seems to be over $100 cheaper to stay offsite. Is there a way to get any coupon codes, or deals? I get emails for Universal but haven't seen much. We aren't interested in getting express passes, we don't ride a whole lot. He is into Harry Potter mostly and while it would be nice to get in early for that, I wonder is it really worth the added cost for that? Here is a small breakdown of what I've come up with for 2 nights. Let me know if I'm not thinking of something.
Offsite hotel-$248 Cabana Bay $408 (through Southwest)
Car rental-$82 Average Transportation from MCO to Universal $100+
Parking-$20
Add of course 1 day Park to park which will be same either way. Thank you so much for your input!

you might want to book a room if you stay onsite before the end of this year.
one of my sons had college spring break early March one year.

there are dates in March that will have crowds in the parks due to spring breaks...
dates vary throughout the states when that will be.

if you book onsite, you can always call to modify your rates to a lower amount that you see available.

using the numbers you have listed, it might even up closely once you have offsite transportation included.

Skip the rental car. Use Uber or lyft ($20-30 each way, no gas or parking to pay for). Stay at Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls; early entry during spring break season will be nice. We really like being in the Universal bubble.
If you really opt for offsite, book through Universal at one of the partner hotels that includes early entry.

I didn't realize partner hotels offer that, it works out, I had been looking at one without even realizing it was a partner thank you and we may get to experience a mardi gras party as well. i'll keep watch of the schedule.

I didn't realize partner hotels offer that, it works out, I had been looking at one without even realizing it was a partner thank you and we may get to experience a mardi gras party as well. i'll keep watch of the schedule.

You have to book a package that includes the partner hotel in order to get early admission. And it has to be booked through the Universal website. Simply booking a stay at a partner hotel will not do it.

You have to book a package that includes the partner hotel in order to get early admission. And it has to be booked through the Universal website. Simply booking a stay at a partner hotel will not do it.
good to know, thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter