Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

I love these pictures. We are staying at POR in Sept. It is our first time there. I am so excited. :banana: :cool1: :banana:
We stayed at POP 2 years ago. POR looks so much nicer.

Has anyone rented a surrey bike? How many people fit. I was wondering if my husband and I can pedel our kids in it. ( 3,6,8)

This may have already been asked but, are there certain buildings that are considered standard view or does each building have their own set of standard view rooms. We are staying in a standard and from what I understand they are the ones that have the trundle bed in them. I am just wondering which building to request (I know they can't guarantee) if any? We have never stayed at this resort before so any info would be great.

This thread is great. We are going to Disney for the 1st time in Sept and are staying at POR. We got a water view and requested a trundle bed. They said they can't guarantee them but the water views must have them too.

This may have already been asked but, are there certain buildings that are considered standard view or does each building have their own set of standard view rooms. We are staying in a standard and from what I understand they are the ones that have the trundle bed in them. I am just wondering which building to request (I know they can't guarantee) if any? We have never stayed at this resort before so any info would be great.

Each building has their own set of standard view rooms. If you open the door and are looking at the parking lot you have a standard view room. I wouldn't pay extra for the water view. You don't have a balcony and can't really enjoy it. When you open your door or look out your window you will see the river or a pool.

Only the rooms in AB have trundles. We like this area the best.

I like building 14, 18 and 27. These are the three closest to the main walkway and the main building. We have also stayed in 16, 24, and 39?. The further out you stay the more quiet and peaceful it is. The closer you stay the more people you will see. We stayed in room 1417 which was on the first floor. It was a corner room so one window faced the river and one window faced building 18. It was a great room, but we also had tons of people walking past all the time. There are benefits to all locations.

This thread has been great. My husband was hesitant about POR but now he will be totally okay. Everything looks amazing.

This thread HAS been awesome! :lovestruc We're booking for the end of May/beginning of June :banana:
I need to wait for some $$ so I can't book until Weds of next week...hope that's not going to be too late !
Anyone book there in the last day or so ?? Any trouble ???:confused3

This thread is great. We are going to Disney for the 1st time in Sept and are staying at POR. We got a water view and requested a trundle bed. They said they can't guarantee them but the water views must have them too.

The only thing I would recommend is possibly not paying for the water view. POR's water views are not really worth it as there are so many little itty bitty creeks or ponds and those are considered water views, when in actuality you can't even see them from your window due to the lush trees and bushes all around. Just a suggestion as I think the money would be better used towards food or souvenirs or maybe even to go to the Pirate and Princess parties if there going on during your stay.

Can anyone compare the slide at CSR and the slide at POR? My kids don't care what we do, where we eat, as long as the pool has a great slide.

Can anyone compare the slide at CSR and the slide at POR? My kids don't care what we do, where we eat, as long as the pool has a great slide.

My kids like the slides at both, both they prefer the pool at POR. It has more nooks and crannies to explore. Even though the CSR pool is big it really isn't a "fun" pool.

Just returned from my first stay at POR - resort was sold out but you would never know it..we (my sister & I) barely saw another guest pass our room.
No Mousekeeping issues at all...very peaceful resort. We were nearest to the south depot and always had a seat on the bus. Never waited over 15 min for a bus.
AB room 1721 - near the quiet pool..corner room which was a plus - two full windows.
We did encounter turtles, salamanders, frogs and lots of noises at night but not by our room..mostly by the areas with a creek/water around them..it did feel like a bayou :thumbsup2 .

Enjoy!

Pouring rain..bridge to the main pool:
100_3666.jpg

View from the room:
100_3925.jpg

Quiet pool:
100_3656.jpg

You guys are killing me, I love POR and It's booked solid the week we are going. So I booked a FW Cabin, I'm excited about it, but would rather be at POR and this thread has made it worse. I'm going to keeping calling, hoping for some cancellations. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I can't wait until next year. I think we will be glad we are trying POR. We are going to pay for a king room and the only request I really have and really really want is to be in the AB section.

After viewing this thread and several others I called and changed from ASMu to PORS!! I'm from the South and never thought I'd be interested in staying at PORS but it's just so beautiful that I can't pass it up. The scenery will be close to what I see all of the time but I'm really looking forward to it.

Has anyone rented a surrey bike? How many people fit. I was wondering if my husband and I can pedel our kids in it. ( 3,6,8)

My family rented a surrey bike at Boardwalk Inn. It was great fun. I'm really glad we spent the time and money. We rented a 4 seater, but there are smaller ones too. You can see the little seat right up front for small kids. There is even a bar for their feet.

DSC00062.jpg

Here are a couple of POR pictures I don't think I'm repeating. Both were taken along the path from POFQ to POR.
DSCF6488.jpg

DSCF6487.jpg

Thanks everyone for the pictures. Great shots. We are going in October and staying at POR. I loved the place the 1st time I went in 2004. It was the first time going with my kids and first time staying on property and I have such nice memories. Since then we've tried CSR 2x, WL and SSR. All wonderful. We were going take a year off from WDW but then I got one of those darn 40% off postcards in the mail and could not resist. I've been second guessing myself since I've booked the trip. Wondering if I should try something new like CBR or the Contemporary as I've always wanted to try it and be on the monorail line. But even at 40% Contemporary was not in the budget so booked POR. Now you all are making me so happy I did!!

Hi,
We were originally booked at CSR for Sept on the bounceback. However I decided to change our reservation to POR.
We go to DtD quite often and the boat was the key.
I thought we would like to stay in the Mansions... but now with all the pictures of AB I am leaning towards requesting that section of the resort.
We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary as well as my ds's 16th birthday. When asked what I want for my birthday or anniversary I always beg for a trip to WDW.
It will just be my dh, ds and the planner(me).

Show me more pictures ...please.
I love all the pictures that have been submitted ... and want more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter