Starry Soda

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I just learned about a new soda called Starry and I would like to know if anyone ever has tried it? Is it like Sierra Mist and Lemon Lime Slice? I always enjoy trying out new sodas and I think Starry will be a huge winner with me

Funny, we were just playing trivia at a local brewery and a question was which company makes Starry, didn't realize it was rebranded Sierra Mist.

I am not sure if it tastes exactly the same as Sierra Mist, but I did try a little from a soda fountain and didn't like it much at all. I never really drank Sierra Mist either, so I'm not sure if it's different. It is the replacement lemon-lime soda in Pepsi's lineup.

So, I just read that the key difference in Starry vs. Sierra Mist is that Starry switched to HFCS over cane sugar in Sierra Mist. That probably does make a small difference in taste.

I thought it tasted less earthy (idk why lemon lime tastes earthy to me) and slightly less fizzy, but I had it at the movie theater from a fountain machine, so the taste could vary from a can. I would say it tasted slightly different from SM, but that could be my imagination.

I tried the zero sugar version and it tasted sweeter than zero sugar Sprite. I've never really had Sierra Mist so I'm unsure of what that tasted like originally. I only heard about it because I saw a display in my local grocery store and it said that it's trying to appeal to Gen Z??? Was really confused how a soda would appeal to Gen Z but I digress.

I tried the Starry Zero. I was not that impressed by it. I read sucralose on the label too... I think Sprite Zero is superior when it comes to the lemon-lime zero drinks. I don't drink a lot of lemon-lime, I usually do cola or citrus flavors. However, sometimes you just want a lemon-lime.

Have tried it in the cans and seems to have a slightly different taste from Sierra Mist. I thought it tasted like the older version of 7UP. Beverages served at a restaurant from a soda dispenser can be all over the map. Sometimes I think they don't get the ratios correct and the taste can be totally different. Also tried the zero sugar version and usually whatever sweetner they use is later found to be worse for you then the sugar it replaced. Taste was nothing special.

I don't get the point of changing the name. If I hadn't noticed it mentioned in an online article or heard about it from friends, I would have never known what it was and not purchased any. Seems they will have to spend a LOT of ad dollars to create awareness for what basically seems like a name change. Not sure when it is all done what that has accomplished.

Most places now serve either Pepsi or Coke products but not both. If you want their version of '7UP', you have to choose from whatever brand they serve.

That is kind of the point from what I read awhile back. Rebranded to appeal to GenZ.
I should have been more specific. I don't think it sounds like a young adult, 20 something year olds drink. I think it sounds like a toddler's drink. My 20 year old son mentioned something a couple weeks ago about how he'd be embarrassed to order a starry because it sounds so odd lol.

I tried Starry Soda for the very first time with my dinner today and I was pleasantly surprised at how great it tasted and Starry is so much better than Sprite and even better than 7Up and I didn't know that it existed until I was playing a Wheel Of Fortune app and a commercial for Starry came on and I was curious to learn more about it so I got some and I loved it

How many different lemon-lime soda brands has Pepsi marketed over the years? I remember when my local Pepsi distributors had Bubble Up. It wasn't exclusively lemon-lime, but in the 80s Pepsi had Slice before Sierra Mist.

How many different lemon-lime soda brands has Pepsi marketed over the years? I remember when my local Pepsi distributors had Bubble Up. It wasn't exclusively lemon-lime, but in the 80s Pepsi had Slice before Sierra Mist.
Even Anheuser-Busch got into the lemon-lime soda market for a short time. Remember Chelsea? Lemon lime soda with .5% alcohol, low enough that even kids could buy it. Late 1970's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter