Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer 2

This is an interesting theory about Kylo if anyone is interested, and really fixed my few issues with the character...I hate that all the bad guys have to be conflicted. Why can't they just legit think their way of running the galaxy is superior? This does include adult language, so if that offends you, don't click: https://moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-8-theory-darth-vader-keeping-the-force-alive/4120360

I love a good theory as much as the next person, but not sure about that one - but hey, who knows.

I just think he has some power but wants more and wants to prove his he bigger, badder than Anikin and why he went through with killing his father/family member to prove he can do it and be that "bad" and worth of Snoke's teachings and bestowing authority on him

I am with you about Bad Guys not needing to be conflicted (even in the real world I sometimes say the answer is just simply that somone is a bad person) - though seems like Disney is getting away from that with the worst/most blatant case being the Malificent movie

Last edited:
I've watched the trailer now a few times. I'm pretty sure the last scene where Rey is talking is actually to Luke, not Kylo. I also believe that Kylo's offering his hand to his mom. I don't think he kills her. I think he's going to see someone else kill her and it's going to set off something else in him. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Rey and Snoke. He's obviously torturing her. However, I do believe we are heading towards grey Jedi, where light and dark are no longer absolutes. So it's possible that as Kylo finds a way to balance by not killing his mother, Rey finds the opposite kind of balance by standing up to Snoke's torture and tapping into the "dark" side.

I think I'm on board with you here...

And my theory is that Hux Does it on Snoke's orders...which is a perfect "palpatinian" move...

But snoke is anakin skywalker...and I don't think he's actually alive...more of a 4th dimension "phantasm" of the force...
...those damn midichlorians again...and the "greatest story ever told"...

So much to look at in that trailer...

...so on a non-jedi front...I'm so happy that they are working the OLD hardware back in...specifically the at-ats in the shot with the new bigger boys...the cruiser that is 100% return of the Jedi era design...and we know a-wings return.

But the snoke comments at the beginning and the end. Which makes sense as far as teasers go...the beginning and the end sentences.

I wish snoke had looked more like this:

61ch-VseGqL.jpg

Oh Thank Goodness, I am not the only one who thought of that. I keep having Freudian slips and calling Snoke, Snork. I am excited and yet there is some dread for the next movie. Please no reincarnations or Disintegrations either

And more Poe and Finn, YES

But snoke is anakin skywalker...

But Anakin turned at the end, and in doing so showed that Yoda was wrong, or at least simplistic.

I'm going to quietly keep hoping for Plagueis and the universe's greatest long-con. Also, i'm going to keep hoping that there's enough continuity oversight that directors can't just sell cool stories and leave the next movie to hand-wave away all the broken time-lines (not that Lucas didn't already foul enough up with the prequels).

I hate that all the bad guys have to be conflicted. Why can't they just legit think their way of running the galaxy is superior?

Palpatine was conflicted? He honestly seemed like the only one in the entire first six that had his crap in any way together. Vader sure turned out to be a bit whiny and emo in the end, but then if I was Palpatine, I'd probably have figured it better to have a second-in-command who occasionally needed a reminder to tidy his room. Ambitious is one thing. Ambitious and capable is quite another.

Palpatine was conflicted? He honestly seemed like the only one in the entire first six that had his crap in any way together. Vader sure turned out to be a bit whiny and emo in the end, but then if I was Palpatine, I'd probably have figured it better to have a second-in-command who occasionally needed a reminder to tidy his room. Ambitious is one thing. Ambitious and capable is quite another.

Actually, this is the exception that proves the rule, right? I wish we'd had more of him.

@lockedoutlogic - I'm excited about all the hard ware too! That was by far the best bit of the trailer.

My favorite type of villain is not a conflicted one but one that is convinced that what they are doing is right.

I keep saying Anakin reincarnated but I really mean the chosen one reincarnated, sorry.

I do hope that the Jedi Order dies out after Luke. It seemed like an awful thing in the prequels, really. Jedi can have no attachment, good, so all their loyalty is to the government they serve. They are meant to be keepers of the peace but instead just make a giant army. I'm not even sure what their role in the universe was. Sure, I guess maybe peace keepers but whose peace? There are sides to everything.

Star Wars is obviously trying to make Porgs happen and I'm just not buying it. Maybe if they weren't so blatantly CGI.

Is Luke really talking about Kylo when he talked about raw strength? I thought he meant Vader but maybe I'm wrong.

Mark Hamill got to show off some acting. Maybe he spent too much time alone but he seems a bit terrified of Rey.

I like Finn but I really don't care about Phasma. They tried to make her the new Boba Fett but to me, she doesn't come off as bad *** at all. I mean, it is a nice outfit but they needed to do more showing and less telling about her character.

I liked Luke's line about 'this is not going to go the way you think'. Oh please let this be true. I want to be shocked by a SW movie, I really do.

This thread brings back a lot of memories - and reminds me why I don't pay much attention to trailers and pre-opening press much anymore ("Watching leads to joy. Joy leads to anticipation. Anticipation leads to expectation. Expectation leads to ... suffering.")

April 1983 - finding the ROTJ promo display at B. Dalton at the mall and flipping through the "making of" book - new aliens! funny looking stormtroppers with rectangular helmets and flying motorcycles in a huge forest! a giant slug! what is Blue Harvest? and, wait, ... teddy bears?? what's that abou ... OMG a green lightsaber!! I loved the movie a month later when I saw it, but the movie I constructed in my head from those pictures wasn't the movie I saw - not better or worse, just different.

April 1999 - recording the final Episode I trailer that premiered on Entertainment Tonight on the VCR and going over it that night like the Zapruder film with my roommate. So many theories. So many ideas. An underwater city! Sleek yellow and silver spaceships! R2! Insanely fast speeders crashing into one another in the desert! Why does Yoda look funny? And this kid ... OMG a double-bladed lightsaber!! I don't need to say anything about the final product released that May that really didn't match up with my thoughts.

I'm enjoying the thread (I'm not into "no spoilers"). I watched the teaser, but not this trailer. I may not. I'll be there on premiere night and take it as it is. Good or bad or (as more likely) somewhere in between.

As for Leia - Disney was backed into a corner. They couldn't take the Poochie route and just hold up a placard that she died on the way back to her home planet. Since, you know, that'd be a continuity error and all since her home planet was previously destroyed.

Fulfill your destiny. That is certainly a nod to Palpatine. Every movie his facial features got progressively worse. Had already been dabbling with living beyond death. Makes a bit of sense. Rey is simply the chosen one that was foretold, not Anakin.
I think Kylo will intend to kill his mother, he'll stumble in the process and someone will "rob" him of it, and she'll die in front of him. That will somehow bring him back to the light. In a truly shocking turn of events after he and Rey have an epic battle, snoke will kill Kylo Ren. We'll all be left hanging as to whether Rey will become good or bad. Setting up episode 9, where Rey predictably kills off Snoke.....coming full circle again.

Actually, this is the exception that proves the rule, right? I wish we'd had more of him.

@lockedoutlogic - I'm excited about all the hard ware too! That was by far the best bit of the trailer.

I feel like rogue one taught them the lesson: that what's old can be New...and there was more to the appeal of the orginal designs than just the limitations of models at the time.

Empire and jedi still (as they're on TNT every week)...look just as good as they did without cgi.

The modern nonsense tends to often look like nonsense.

The Endor space battle still looks smooth and plausible today...even without lense flare...

This thread brings back a lot of memories - and reminds me why I don't pay much attention to trailers and pre-opening press much anymore ("Watching leads to joy. Joy leads to anticipation. Anticipation leads to expectation. Expectation leads to ... suffering.")

April 1983 - finding the ROTJ promo display at B. Dalton at the mall and flipping through the "making of" book - new aliens! funny looking stormtroppers with rectangular helmets and flying motorcycles in a huge forest! a giant slug! what is Blue Harvest? and, wait, ... teddy bears?? what's that abou ... OMG a green lightsaber!! I loved the movie a month later when I saw it, but the movie I constructed in my head from those pictures wasn't the movie I saw - not better or worse, just different.

April 1999 - recording the final Episode I trailer that premiered on Entertainment Tonight on the VCR and going over it that night like the Zapruder film with my roommate. So many theories. So many ideas. An underwater city! Sleek yellow and silver spaceships! R2! Insanely fast speeders crashing into one another in the desert! Why does Yoda look funny? And this kid ... OMG a double-bladed lightsaber!! I don't need to say anything about the final product released that May that really didn't match up with my thoughts.

I'm enjoying the thread (I'm not into "no spoilers"). I watched the teaser, but not this trailer. I may not. I'll be there on premiere night and take it as it is. Good or bad or (as more likely) somewhere in between.

As for Leia - Disney was backed into a corner. They couldn't take the Poochie route and just hold up a placard that she died on the way back to her home planet. Since, you know, that'd be a continuity error and all since her home planet was previously destroyed.

It really sucks that we were separated at birth...

But Anakin turned at the end, and in doing so showed that Yoda was wrong, or at least simplistic.

I'm going to quietly keep hoping for Plagueis and the universe's greatest long-con. Also, i'm going to keep hoping that there's enough continuity oversight that directors can't just sell cool stories and leave the next movie to hand-wave away all the broken time-lines (not that Lucas didn't already foul enough up with the prequels).

But he died...which means he would have to return based on the Bible vibe that Lucas unfortunately laid out in the phantom awfulness

Is Luke really talking about Kylo when he talked about raw strength? I thought he meant Vader but maybe I'm wrong.

Mark Hamill got to show off some acting. Maybe he spent too much time alone but he seems a bit terrified of Rey.

I like Finn but I really don't care about Phasma. They tried to make her the new Boba Fett but to me, she doesn't come off as bad *** at all. I mean, it is a nice outfit but they needed to do more showing and less telling about her character.

I liked Luke's line about 'this is not going to go the way you think'. Oh please let this be true. I want to be shocked by a SW movie, I really do.

I think the editing of the trailer was to make you think Luke was talking about Kylo but I don't think he is - I also think he meant Vader/Anikan ... or maybe he even means himself.

Agree he appears terrified of Rey's power and knowing power can corrupt or be mishandled, etc. .... ESPECIALLY if he is now doubting the teachings of the Jedi - how do you properly train this level of power if I don't agree with the training I had, etc.?

I thought I heard that Phasma will be build out much more in this movie than the first - I hope so, as of now she seems not super impressive

Fulfill your destiny. That is certainly a nod to Palpatine. Every movie his facial features got progressively worse. Had already been dabbling with living beyond death. Makes a bit of sense. Rey is simply the chosen one that was foretold, not Anakin.
I think Kylo will intend to kill his mother, he'll stumble in the process and someone will "rob" him of it, and she'll die in front of him. That will somehow bring him back to the light. In a truly shocking turn of events after he and Rey have an epic battle, snoke will kill Kylo Ren. We'll all be left hanging as to whether Rey will become good or bad. Setting up episode 9, where Rey predictably kills off Snoke.....coming full circle again.

Wasn't that mostly Plageius' thing? Though perhaps Sidious learned enough from him to take that over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter