• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star wars land acreage confusion?

Jimbo1229

I am who they say i am
So ive been watching a lot of documentaries on Disneyland. The thing that has me confused, is that its going to be 14 acres. Only 2 rides and i think 5 restraunts is what I heard and of course tons of merchandise shops. What confuses me is they put way more into 4 acres with new Orleans square and tomorrowland. Are they planning to see if things go good and then build more. Or is it because this is a rush project and they want it to be open sooner than later? Seems to me its going to be a lot of wasted space where they can build more attractions to control crowds.

I saw the 12x1 scale model at the D23 expo. This video from the Disney blog shows the SWL layout:

There is a bit of forest area to the left. I cannot remember everything that was said at the model, but I seem to remember there will be activities/adventures that happen in that space. I suppose it also is space for expansion of SWL some day.

Not sure how to answer your question other than part of SWL will have open, forest space in it that Disney has a plan for from the beginning

:wizard:

I feel with 14 acres more rides could have been added. I'm sure it will be meet and greets and wall to wall merch shops. I hope the imagineers give us something good and not ole whatever it's gonna be called next door debacle

To me, a more fair comparison would be Cars Land at 12 acres, 3 rides and 3 restaurants. IMHO the work done to put you in Radiator Springs was one of my favorite parts of any Disney park. If Galaxy's Edge comes anywhere close to that level of immersion it'll be phenomenal. To me 14 acres of New Orleans Square would be a bit much. As much as I love Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I think the crowded streets of New Orleans feel is just right for that land.

I get that people's personal feelings about Star Wars in general will obviously sway their opinion of the expansion. But like Cars Land, where the mountains and vistas really make the land, I think to pull off the Star Wars "world," you need the space planned.

I feel with 14 acres more rides could have been added. I'm sure it will be meet and greets and wall to wall merch shops. I hope the imagineers give us something good and not ole whatever it's gonna be called next door debacle
As I said, I believe part of the acreage will be used for some type of adventure which is not a ride. The CM at D23 Expo hinted at some rebel base in the forest area if memory serves. So it is not like the space will not be used.

:wizard:

To me, a more fair comparison would be Cars Land at 12 acres, 3 rides and 3 restaurants. IMHO the work done to put you in Radiator Springs was one of my favorite parts of any Disney park. If Galaxy's Edge comes anywhere close to that level of immersion it'll be phenomenal. To me 14 acres of New Orleans Square would be a bit much. As much as I love Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I think the crowded streets of New Orleans feel is just right for that land.

I get that people's personal feelings about Star Wars in general will obviously sway their opinion of the expansion. But like Cars Land, where the mountains and vistas really make the land, I think to pull off the Star Wars "world," you need the space planned.
I have not been able to experience cars land yet. This will be my first time and I look forward to seeing it.

The land is being billed as highly immersive, where even though you just finished riding an attraction, there will be interactions potentially afterward in just walking around the land. I would also suspect there will be things like droids and maybe even costumed characters freely roaming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter