STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I forgot to ask a very important question-is there anything about this experience that might cause motion sickness? I have to close my eyes on Avatar and Remy-hoping, there’s nothing similar with a moving screen.

I forgot to ask a very important question-is there anything about this experience that might cause motion sickness? I have to close my eyes on Avatar and Remy-hoping, there’s nothing similar with a moving screen.
Well, you are inside a building without windows for two days. I have to imagine that the digital screens will show us moving (since we are on starcruiser). Will that be a problem? I don't think closing your eyes for 2 days will work well.

Queue JUST reopened in case you are trying. Took me 20 minutes to get to a CM on the VIPassholder line who could transfer me. This was using the (407) 939-7277 number.

Well, you are inside a building without windows for two days. I have to imagine that the digital screens will show us moving (since we are on starcruiser). Will that be a problem? I don't think closing your eyes for 2 days will work well.
As long as we’re not facing the screen continuously and I can look at other things, I should be ok. I was more worried about entering and departing-will it be a simulated liftoff and return?

As long as we’re not facing the screen continuously and I can look at other things, I should be ok. I was more worried about entering and departing-will it be a simulated liftoff and return?
You take a shuttle from the terminal (where you park your car) to the ship. As well as when you go to Batuu and return. And then to depart the ship as well.

I actually asked that question earlier....what would they do if you came dressed up as Spock .....

Or a Klingon

or the Karate Kid

Honestly, I would be ecstatic to play (engage, do improv/ immersive theatre) with anyone who took the time to put on a costume and persona. So many cosplayers at conventions just want to dress up and not portray (act like) the character. I don't judge that, they just want to look awesome- that's okay. I just really enjoy interacting with people that want to engage in a bit of spontaneous theatre. It's fun! So, wax on/wax off for your family's honor because it's only logical! :D

In casefolx missed my post #129. Armour is allowed on ship, but not in park. So if your entire family wants to come as a Mandolorian clan, by all means, wear your helmet! (Just don't step on the younglings.... they're tough to see with a bucket on!) ;)

I'm really excited that this is all one big LARP experience, haha. We unfortunately can't afford it at the moment, but I really hope people get into it and I can watch it all on Youtube :P

Someone should ask that re: costumes. I mean, I don't think you can tell someone NOT to dress up as Star Trek. But if I spent 5k on this experience I'd be pretty annoyed if there were people on board actively trying to work against the narrative and theme like that lol.

Someone should ask that re: costumes. I mean, I don't think you can tell someone NOT to dress up as Star Trek. But if I spent 5k on this experience I'd be pretty annoyed if there were people on board actively trying to work against the narrative and theme like that lol.

Disney actually says this....so would probably fall into that rule....so maybe no Spock

What an absolutely dream crushing experience this has been. I've been constantly calling or waiting on hold since 7:00 am for the entire time. One two separate occasions, I made it through the first hold queue and spoke to a cast member who did the pre-qualification questions, then said they were transferring me to the GSC booking queue. Yesterday when this happened, I sat on a completely silent hold for 1 hour before being dropped. Today, I was transferred to the DVC account assistance team and before I could even speak to someone to see if I could be transferred back, I was hung up on. When I spoke to the VIPassholder cast member the second time, she took all my contact info and gave me an "ID Number". How can I use that to reconnect to the her again and try to get transferred to the right queue this time?

Disney actually says this....so would probably fall into that rule....so maybe no Spock

View attachment 611224
I don't know... maybe that means no screen accurate Oola? (Green dancing Twi'lek from Return of the Jedi, that would not be legal to wear in some states ;) ) Distract is such a subjective word. Having more Troopers in Armour (let's say from Rogue 1) might be a distraction, but because I love armour I feel it would enhance the experience! So subjective. Similarly, Imperial Officers... from the Empire.... might be distracting because the military styling could be triggering, but for others it's enhancing because- Star Wars. I don't mean to cause a debate here about costumes, just that the wording here is much too vague to be useful in the practical. Perhaps it's only useful in the extremes "no profanity" "no nudity" etc.

As an extreme Star Wars fan, who also loves Star Trek and most SpaceOpera Sci-fi... I would be happy to see a Klingon, a Browncoat, a whatever-Babylon5-officers-are-called, Stargate and Battlestar Galactica people there. After all.... it's a galaxy far far away.... there are wormholes, paradox events, creatures on the waaaay-outer rim that haven't been discovered yet. Maybe Mr. Spock came from an Undiscovered Country? ;)

Good luck to all with your booking adventures today. Here's hoping we get some costuming clarity before 2021 is over! :)

PS. Honestly I'd get a kick from having a shin dig with a Browncoat in the cantina... oh the "war stories" we could swap! If ya gonna play in character, have a great time and be the space-person you want to be! I would be honored to join you.

Queue JUST reopened in case you are trying. Took me 20 minutes to get to a CM on the VIPassholder line who could transfer me. This was using the (407) 939-7277 number.
Maybe a silly question but what is a VIPass? When I went to look at them I didn't see that for sale. Thx

Got it!! 4/24 with captain’s table! We called the 7277 number. Held for about 30 min on 7277 then about 1.5h on silence. Then took like 30 min to book the room. So excited!!! Thanks for posting your experiences everyone! Really helped
Is anyone posting the price for the spring for the standard rooms vs the advertised price? Can't find this info and wondering. Thx

Is anyone posting the price for the spring for the standard rooms vs the advertised price? Can't find this info and wondering. Thx

we got a standard room for 2 adults and one child. With travel insurance it was $5888.
ETA for April 24 which is a Sunday-Tuesday

03/03 sailing
Standard cabin was $2615.57 per person, double occupancy required. Includes taxes/ gratuities. My third person was paid in DVC points, I don't know what it would have been by cash.
1 bedroom cabin (sold out) for 03/03 was $3,180.32 per person incl. taxes/gratituities.

I don't know... maybe that means no screen accurate Oola? (Green dancing Twi'lek from Return of the Jedi, that would not be legal to wear in some states ;) ) Distract is such a subjective word. Having more Troopers in Armour (let's say from Rogue 1) might be a distraction, but because I love armour I feel it would enhance the experience! So subjective. Similarly, Imperial Officers... from the Empire.... might be distracting because the military styling could be triggering, but for others it's enhancing because- Star Wars. I don't mean to cause a debate here about costumes, just that the wording here is much too vague to be useful in the practical. Perhaps it's only useful in the extremes "no profanity" "no nudity" etc.

As an extreme Star Wars fan, who also loves Star Trek and most SpaceOpera Sci-fi... I would be happy to see a Klingon, a Browncoat, a whatever-Babylon5-officers-are-called, Stargate and Battlestar Galactica people there. After all.... it's a galaxy far far away.... there are wormholes, paradox events, creatures on the waaaay-outer rim that haven't been discovered yet. Maybe Mr. Spock came from an Undiscovered Country? ;)

Good luck to all with your booking adventures today. Here's hoping we get some costuming clarity before 2021 is over! :)

PS. Honestly I'd get a kick from having a shin dig with a Browncoat in the cantina... oh the "war stories" we could swap! If ya gonna play in character, have a great time and be the space-person you want to be! I would be honored to join you.
I would agree with you if this were just a costume party, but I feel like if someone was walking around dressed in a Starfleet uniform it would be like the living embodiment of an internet troll lol - there to simply squash any hope of immersion & enjoyment that I hoped to have. I'm sure Disney will use their discretion appropriately.

Has anyone who has booked (cash) already been told if there is any AP discount? It would make sense that they would offer a tiny one (since they are giving access to DHS which we already paid for) but it's Disney, so there probably isn't a discount. :duck:
This has been asked and I was told no discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter