STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

What with the trip being in space and all, how does the lighting work to transition from day to night and back? At home the sun wakes me up. Is there a fancy setup where you can have the lights gradually dim on to mimic the sun rising at your preferred wake time? Or do you just have to set an alarm and wale up in the dark? This problem is one that occurred to me yesterday and I’m very curious about how the Halcyon accommodates or doesn’t accommodate the natural wake-sleep cycles of planet-dwelling guests.
No transitioning in the room that I could see. Even if you have the viewport open, it's constantly in space with the possibility of a planet in view. We set our alarms. If you do need a bit of sunlight to prove to your body it's daytime, you can go out to the climate simulator.

Just returned and wanted to share a few comments / tips:

We did the Starcruiser at the beginning of our 8 day trip (days 2-4) which was perfect.

Do the photo session. 1000% worth it. We booked for 7:30 am on day 2 and I was worried about the early wake up and late arrival to Batuu, but it worked out perfectly. We had a nearly empty ship for pictures and plenty of time in Batuu to do both rides, finish our missions and have a drink at Oga’s before returning to the ship for a late lunch.

If you have a picky eater, just ask for what you want! We were able to get plain noodles (they were serving Mac & cheese) and plain cucumber slices (they were serving a cucumber salad) during day 2 lunch. We were also able to order off the kids menu at dinner (for my “Disney adult” children) and they also brought them the adult meal to try as well. The chefs were very accommodating!

If you don’t use your QS credit on Batuu, it is good through midnight of your check out day. We used ours in MK the next day.

Don’t worry if LARPing isn’t your thing! You will still get missions and your story will still advance even if you aren’t buddying up with the characters. My hubby was so excited when he got a “secret mission” added by the captain after he struck up a conversation with her early night 1 - and I got the same mission added later that night as part of my storyline. So don’t worry that you’ll be missing out if you aren’t constantly striking up conversations with everyone around!

We had 4:30 bridge training day 2 and the timing could not have been more perfect.

We were not offered data pads and allowed to use our own devises. We got no pre-call. We got the buttons vs the cool pins. Plenty of merchandise available in the gift shop day 1 (we shopped right after boarding). We arrived about 2 to avoid the early rush and had no wait to enter the lot, but there was still quite a line waiting to enter the SC. We were not to our room until almost 3 and our bags beat us there.

Feel free to ask any questions! I’ve attached a few of my favorite shots from the photo session. They were amazing, and I had the pictures in my account the Friday following our Sunday session, so less than the week they estimated.

Attachments

• C31E0B41-75FE-40D0-A21F-AAFC156FB22C.jpeg
    C31E0B41-75FE-40D0-A21F-AAFC156FB22C.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 844EAAAC-1805-4CC2-8233-7FD8C8B37535.jpeg
    844EAAAC-1805-4CC2-8233-7FD8C8B37535.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 99
  • E4DA2A61-0BE1-41BC-8F75-B9831F27A4F6.jpeg
    E4DA2A61-0BE1-41BC-8F75-B9831F27A4F6.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 00F3C074-0927-46A6-807E-2D111DBBEDDE.jpeg
    00F3C074-0927-46A6-807E-2D111DBBEDDE.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 7969479E-60A0-488F-9D83-378AEFF4DF4E.jpeg
    7969479E-60A0-488F-9D83-378AEFF4DF4E.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 97

We did the Starcruiser at the beginning of our 8 day trip (days 2-4) which was perfect.

Do the photo session. 1000% worth it. We booked for 7:30 am on day 2 and I was worried about the early wake up and late arrival to Batuu, but it worked out perfectly. We had a nearly empty ship for pictures and plenty of time in Batuu to do both rides, finish our missions and have a drink at Oga’s before returning to the ship for a late lunch.

If you have a picky eater, just ask for what you want! We were able to get plain noodles (they were serving Mac & cheese) and plain cucumber slices (they were serving a cucumber salad) during day 2 lunch. We were also able to order off the kids menu at dinner (for my “Disney adult” children) and they also brought them the adult meal to try as well. The chefs were very accommodating!

If you don’t use your QS credit on Batuu, it is good through midnight of your check out day. We used ours in MK the next day.

Don’t worry if LARPing isn’t your thing! You will still get missions and your story will still advance even if you aren’t buddying up with the characters. My hubby was so excited when he got a “secret mission” added by the captain after he struck up a conversation with her early night 1 - and I got the same mission added later that night as part of my storyline. So don’t worry that you’ll be missing out if you aren’t constantly striking up conversations with everyone around!

We had 4:30 bridge training day 2 and the timing could not have been more perfect.

We were not offered data pads and allowed to use our own devises. We got no pre-call. We got the buttons vs the cool pins. Plenty of merchandise available in the gift shop day 1 (we shopped right after boarding). We arrived about 2 to avoid the early rush and had no wait to enter the lot, but there was still quite a line waiting to enter the SC. We were not to our room until almost 3 and our bags beat us there.

Feel free to ask any questions! I’ve attached a few of my favorite shots from the photo session. They were amazing, and I had the pictures in my account the Friday following our Sunday session, so less than the week they estimated.
Did they offer to send you the excursion pin to your address on file? I’m a pin collector and planning a “cruise” in august and that pin is kinda a big deal for me.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Did they offer to send you the excursion pin to your address on file? I’m a pin collector and planning a “cruise” in august and that pin is kinda a big deal for me.
No, no mention was made of that, unfortunately. I’m assuming since we got a “pin” they’re covered.

Cool thanks for the write up! Can I ask, what was your schedule the day of your departure? Do you think that QS counts at a resort QS? (silly question when you're all in on a trip like this, but doesn't hurt to know) Also, where is your husband's costume from, looks like nice quality.

What is the temperature inside the Galactic Starcruiser? Trying to figure out our wardrobe. I am noticing that the clothes are all long sleeves and pants. That isn’t great for Batuu. Would we be ok with long sleeves except for Batuu? Or do I need to find something more Star Wars bounding?

YMMV... but on our arrival day I thought the ship and our room was on the warm side. Not hot, but a little warm - especially with our costumes. Some of the other guests mentioned the same thing. Day 2 it was normal Florida inside cold, to me - in some cases a little chilly. I was glad I had some long sleeve items.

Speaking of which, this is a good one to bookmark if you like your rooms chilly... not just for the Starcruiser, but any Disney resort that is new or recently renovated with these. The default low setting at Disney is typically 68, but you can make it go lower with this override:

Thermostat Override Instructions

Instructions:
1) Hold & Keep Pressed Mode Button
2) Hold & Keep Pressed Fan Button
3) Hold & Keep Pressed Up Arrow
4) Release All Three Buttons at the Same Time

Cool thanks for the write up! Can I ask, what was your schedule the day of your departure? Do you think that QS counts at a resort QS? (silly question when you're all in on a trip like this, but doesn't hurt to know) Also, where is your husband's costume from, looks like nice quality.
Departure day on the ship is breakfast only, all of the missions are done. We left the ship around 930 and drove right to TTC. We spent about 4 hours in MK before continuing on to VBR. Not sure I could have done a full park day after the SC, especially with as crowded as it was (spring break). But since we are AP, we just hopped in to ride a few favorites before leaving the area.

I’m assuming it can be used at any QS location. When we did our mobile order, a message popped up in the app to “apply your dining credits to this order” and even alerted me when I didn’t fully use up the available credits.

We ordered his robes from Amazon and were pleasantly surprised at the quality! Warning, though, he was very hot (and he only wore them on the ship!) - there were several layers.

I love the jacket your son is wearing! Where did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?

If anyone hasn't seen the news, there is a Disney+ offer for 25% off rooms this Summer. I just used it to book a single night at Yacht club before our cruise. I haven't paid less than $400 a night for a deluxe room in well, ever, so I'm quite thrilled for that bit of savings.

Speaking of which, this is a good one to bookmark if you like your rooms chilly... not just for the Starcruiser, but any Disney resort that is new or recently renovated with these. The default low setting at Disney is typically 68, but you can make it go lower with this override:

Thermostat Override Instructions

Instructions:
1) Hold & Keep Pressed Mode Button
2) Hold & Keep Pressed Fan Button
3) Hold & Keep Pressed Up Arrow
4) Release All Three Buttons at the Same Time

I just call the front desk and have them turn off the lock on my thermostat and no worries...it is done. I once locked one into demo test mode with a bad combo...lol. It was at GF and the maintenance guy looked at us funny and told us "you know you can call the front desk and get your thermostat put in VIP mode" lol woops

So ...well I booked 2 more cruises on the GS...wife will either kill me or she will love me. We shall see.

The reason for 2 is one date (Nov. 16th) has Batuu Excursion on Life Day. Cast member did tell me that they are waiting on official word of Life Day stuff for Starcruiser. And the 2nd date is the Dec. 30th thru Jan 1st sailing....also word is that it will be a little bit different for New Years.

So if nothing winds up different for Life Day...I will probably skip the cruise and just do Batuu trip, but keep the New Years trip. So the hint that they are going to do something different in November is that date...in the middle of the week is the same price as New Years Eve. Most weekday rates are cheaper than weekend...but for some reason this Wednesday sailing in November is expensive. Also the guy who is in charge of the design and development just talked about Life Day stuff and trying to figure out how to do it. The article link was posted on here a few pages back.

So ...well I booked 2 more cruises on the GS...wife will either kill me or she will love me. We shall see.

The reason for 2 is one date (Nov. 16th) has Batuu Excursion on Life Day. Cast member did tell me that they are waiting on official word of Life Day stuff for Starcruiser. And the 2nd date is the Dec. 30th thru Jan 1st sailing....also word is that it will be a little bit different for New Years.

So if nothing winds up different for Life Day...I will probably skip the cruise and just do Batuu trip, but keep the New Years trip. So the hint that they are going to do something different in November is that date...in the middle of the week is the same price as New Years Eve. Most weekday rates are cheaper than weekend...but for some reason this Wednesday sailing in November is expensive. Also the guy who is in charge of the design and development just talked about Life Day stuff and trying to figure out how to do it. The article link was posted on here a few pages back.
Wow! Amazing that you loved it so much you are already booking additional cruises... Just curious to know - are you planning to actually do both cruises (assuming conditions work out as hoped), or are you planning to cancel one of these, either Life Day or NYE?

Has anyone made a reservation for a group of six (or more) and compared the price per person between two standard cabins vs. the Captain suite? Looking at four adults and two teens.

Has anyone made a reservation for a group of six (or more) and compared the price per person between two standard cabins vs. the Captain suite? Looking at four adults and two teens.
I have, as we're also a family of six. They're pretty close, with the CS costing a couple (a few?) hundred more. The prob is that only 2 of 100 cabins are CS, so they are sold out through the rest of 2022. But two cabins could be nice for your party, as there are no little kids you need to really watch, and I find in general that when we have two rooms at a hotel, it allows the kids to settle down better, less stimulation, and I decompress from the day better.
I really don't think they anticipated larger families coming or that there would be that much CS demand in general, given its five-figure price tag.
One strategy could be to book two cabins and then check back at the 95-ish days out mark, in case if someone cancels their CS before they have to pay in full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter