Star Wars Day at Disneyland

Belleandtinker

DIS Veteran
I thought it was in June, but can't find a date. If you have any information, that would be great too.

I think it is May the Fourth - like "May the Force be with you"....but I might be wrong.

Ooops, sorry - ignore this. I didn't realize that there was a separate Star Wars day per the post below.

Last edited:
Have been back on the East Coast for a while now, so I'm out of the loop.

There was never an official Star Wars Day/Weekend at DLR (unlike the entire month of weekends they get at WDW), so fans made their own for the last 10 years as a protest.
https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsDisneyland
http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/

Now that the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend exists (mid-Januaray), that may have put a damper on the Fan Day (though I doubt it), but you can contact at the links above and ask.

As others have said, there are no official Star Wars days at DLR. There are a few days when it seems like Star Wars fans may choose to try and meet up in the parks. I've seen April 16-19 listed (coincided with the Star Wars Celebration VII at the Anaheim Convention Center, May 4/5 for May the Fourth/Revenge of the Fifth, and the Star Wars Half Marathon in January).

I hadn't heard about the June date before, but it's good to know, even if they don't seem to have an event planned this year.

Isn't June's event at WDW? DL doesn't go as crazy over Star Wars, at least right now. All bets are off if we get a Star Wars land someday.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS) has Star Wars weekends in May and June. It's an event that is officially sponsored by Disney World (rather like Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival or MNSSHP). It looks like there are a few small (fan-run) gatherings at Disneyland throughout the year, but these are not sponsored by Disneyland.

I've seen April 16-19 listed (coincided with the Star Wars Celebration VII at the Anaheim Convention Center, May 4/5 for May the Fourth/Revenge of the Fifth, and the Star Wars Half Marathon in January).

Oh yeah, the fact that THE big, international Star Wars convention was across the street from DL already this year (next year it's in London) may have affected people's plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter